Moon's Radiance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ridiculousness, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Zaggran Journeyman

Wow. Sweet. As a caster, I didn't realize the power I wield!

I vow to only use my stat-warping omnipotence for evil, and my own petty amusement!
    Sheex likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for the nerf. Now my Shaman is useful again.
  3. Laeadern Elder

Oh yes, the cripple slow proc was so OP...its not like an actual slow from a chanter or shammy or bl would overwrite it anyways....should have just left it be, sometimes ya cant get those people around on during the day on some servers....just sayin.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Isnt this belt suppose to slow 25% now? was fighting in gmm and I click on the mob that had the crippling snare and it said 4%?? how do insert a picture from your computer to here? just says image url.

Andarriel
  5. Tadenea Augur

all slows nowaways are mitigated so even if it says 25% it maybe actually only be 10% or less
  6. Nniki Augur

You would need to upload the image elsewhere, such as imgur.com, and use that URL.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's probably a bugged tooltip (not the first time that's happened, by far). Though 4% would actually somewhat match up with the assumed slow mitigation values in current content.

I still don't understand the reasoning behind this nerf, but I'll probably just go for the caster belt on my SK when it drops instead. (That's not an anti-caster thing, just that it's probably the most useful to an SK other than the tank one)
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Dewey Augur

Now your just trying to get the other belts nerfed. /cry
  9. svann Augur

incoming hotfix
    - you may no longer swap armor mid-combat
    (I kid!)
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Dewey Augur

So let me get this straight... We can have healing mercs; tank mercs and dps mercs... However; we can't have a belt that has 50% slow because it might make it so as you don't need to add a slower to the group?

Can someone explain this logic to me? I know it's been years, but I'm still waiting for my merc that can crowd control and another to slow the mobs.

On a side note what I really think would be cool is a merc that looted everything and would deposit everything into a designated house. Kinda like picking up the groceries.
  11. smash Augur

Maybe see what belt was nerfed, the COMBINATION of slow/cripple, that is overpowered.
  12. Drayman Elder

I noticed the proc effect actually says that the slow is 4% which I am thinking is a typo. Having said that, I went out and ran Fight Fire post nerf and honestly can't see a difference. I pulled and tanked the same as always and didn't experience any damage spikes or seem to need any additional healing. That's more or less current content.

Makes me wonder if the slow proc ever really did anything at all.
  13. Zinloz New Member

So the shaman and enchanter AAs that slow+cripple for higher values than the belt ever had are also overpowered?
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Or just swapping previous tier belts for the same effect.

This effect was never overpowered. It was nerfed for no reason and makes the new belts objectively worse.
  15. Zaggran Journeyman

Your clerics must be TERRIBLE if they're as close to a real cleric as that belt was to a shammy or chanter. I mean just jawdroppingly awful. Then again, look at the company they keep I suppose...

You know, it's astonishing how you manage to do this. Like everyone else, I think this nerf is BS. And yet you're so bad at arguing against it that you get myself and others consistently arguing with you on it. It's really quite amazing how bad you are at this.

P.S. You also have to give up a group slot to get that crayon eating mercenary. What is it you have to give up to replace a real slower with the belt?
  16. Dewey Augur

If you have a problem with me take it to tells/private messages.

I'll just ignore the tells, but at least you won't have the rest of the people on these forums watch you follow me thread to thread just because I proved you wrong once.
  17. Cadira Augur

You've lost buddy, just stop. :/
  18. smash Augur

That is player class power, where you actually need a certain class for it, and just not any class, which is how the belt is.

And the devs been evaluated the things, and found it too powerful, just like they done in old time, where they found other things to be too powerful

Is this any different, no. And like earlier, some people dont like, but get over it, because not going to be reversed. It might be a bit upped again, but do not hold your breath for it.

However no items should have abilties which are better than what a class ability, so for that point, the rebalancing thing is good.

For a beastlord to get the effects, the beastlord would have to use 2 abilities, taking up 2 spell slots, not so with the belt.

The only thing i regret about the belt, is that it did not have present strength, because then the uproar would not have happened.
  19. Dewey Augur

She was the one stalking my post. I went to a new thread and she followed... I said take it to private messages. That's not a thing that one can loose at.
  20. Zaggran Journeyman

Imagine thinking 3 or 4 posts, across 2 topics on the same subject, is "stalking"

Imagine thinking that trying to play the victim actually covers up the nakedly obvious fact you have no counter to the points made.

Imagine thinking that "if that 25% slow is worthless, then another 25% slow must also be worthless" is "putting words in your mouth." That's not putting words in your mouth, that's putting thought into your words. Someone's got to do it, and lord knows you aren't going to.
    kizant likes this.