Montu Dragonslayer - signing off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arthais, Jul 15, 2019.

1. RaZoor Journeyman

Thanks for sharing your story. As a person who has played MMOs since vanilla EQ, I often come across people, friends and family members who just do not understand the relationships that are developed in our online world. I so appreciate your story of your loss of your brother but more importantly to how his relationship with you developed as well as the several hundred other people that you both touched in your hobby. I have shared this story with CBSthismorning, hoping they will find a cool way to share it further and help others to understand that these relationships we create, nurture and eventually lose are real, and not freakish as sometimes we have all been made to feel.
    Coagagin likes this.
  2. Farzi_ROI New Member

I am truly saddened for your loss. This was an amazing tribute for him in a make believe world with real people behind those toons. Thank you for sharing.

Condolences to you and your family, I hope your memories with your brother bring you some peace.
  3. SunDrake Augur

4. AcemoneyFV Augur

Very touching story. Sorry for your loss. My father got me into EQ, he passed 3 years ago. Qeynos will always be a special place for me. My first adventures and most of my early years playing were spent in Qeynos, the Hills and Blackburrow.

I was actually doing the Bloodmoon quests for Hero's Journey and ran across this the other day:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=71450 (the first comment)

It's amazing how a game can have such an impact on the players and the relationships they form. RIP to all of those we have lost over the years.
    Grove likes this.
  5. Hellkat New Member

As someone who games with their brother this really hits home and is so well written. I can picture all your good times and excitement like I was there for it and got to share it with you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. Thanks to your words none of us will ever forget him. RIP Green Giant.
    Grove likes this.