Monks will be pushed out by Rogues and Rangers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Recondojoe, May 16, 2021.

1. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

Monks get no weapons in classic, unlike in Kunark where they get knuckle dusters and jade mace

Super worried there won’t be a spot for monks, especially without Iksars...

Would I be better off playing a rogue for the first month so I can compete, and then rolling an iksar after Kunark comes out?? I don’t want to waste my time leveling a monk if I can’t even play him until AFTER iksars come out
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

Monks are top dps. Fists are insane and human monks have 1 better delay then iksar.
    BreakmanDX and Demetri like this.
  3. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

4. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's too hard to tell these days if people are subtly trolling or not, so I'm going to assume you're serious. There will be tons of monks and every guild will have tons of spots for them.
    Bardy McFly and Demetri like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Parses don't lie

There will be a ton of Monks
    Bardy McFly and Demetri like this.
  6. Mrjon3s Augur

Yea just noticed his name huge troll from p99.
  7. Velog New Member

You are correct, you should make a rogue and rule norrath!
  8. Zanarnar Augur

OP clearly has not played a monk in the last 8 or 9 years. A monk with bare fists has the best weapons in the game in classic, add in the 1.0 and they have the best during Kunark too. Even the 14/28 whitened treant fists from sky are a downgrade in dps. (also available during classic era, and they flat crush that silly dagger you linked.) The only advantage is being able to slot an augment in those.
  9. ThenaEQ Augur

and getting damage bonus for the primary. better even without the aug.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  10. Magician9001 Augur

I know you guys think telling the same bad joke is funny.

But honestly Rogues will be secret OP on Mischief and Thornblade. It won't happen in classic but as soon as we get to SoV and Gharn's is 20kr while Mrylokar's is 1kr. Then people will realize they can gear out an entire Rogue for the cost of a Monk off-hander.
  11. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Except this isn't subtle trolling, it's blaring from the top of mountains trolling and yet the amount of serious responses this and the gnoll hide lariat posts are getting is astounding. I'm really losing faith in the internet literacy of our market.
  12. Elabone Augur

If we assume every dumb statement or question is trolling. The actual dumb people would never get help. Answering or commenting once on a thread about something dumb makes sense. It's whether or not the op comes back, doubles down, and gets even more reactions from people.

Respond once shame on you, respond twice shame on me!
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Elabone is right, to SoandsoForumUser this may be blaring but I've seen much dumber posts posted where the OP was perfectly serious. Some people have been gone for many years, some people come from P99 or another and think the game is like that still, some people just want to get reactions. Its hard to tell.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I feel like this is the TLP where beastlords really break out early on.
  15. Xazier Elder

I had a dream last night that Mischeif and Thornblade released with Beastlord/Berserker to start in classic
    radclifc likes this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

The problem is that there are actually some who aren't trolling. They actually believe whatever crazy thing they are off spouting about. Then the trolls see that and come in full force too.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

I dreamt that gnoll hide lariats proc'd pbae stun.
  18. Thewiz Augur

The new chanter for aoe groups
  19. kenmei Augur

that wonderful 2hnd axe from the kobolds in solb is going to be tradeable 8)
  20. Kodachi Augur

I say with some degree of confidence that there will not be a large number of rogues because while the gear might be cheap/easy to get, you still have to play a rogue to get it.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.