Monks Versus Grannus After Patch (New bug)

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Snazster, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Snazster Elder

Just did this guy for the first time since patch. Looks like he was reflecting a huge number of kicks and strikes on me since he doesn't have any of his own. I took epic amounts of damage. Guessing they incorrectly identified the patch changed attacks as spells. Anyone else having this problem? Our other monk (not as well geared) died in a heartbeat.
  2. mackal Augur

They are spells, nothing being incorrectly identified.
  3. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

maybe not , but that is for definite a change in mechanics , that hasn't been present since day 1 TBM to now.
  4. Riou EQResource

It's just the way Dzarn made the extra hit I think, if it was a melee skill instead of a spell it prob wouldn't be reflected
  5. Thrillho Augur

I recall having to take stunning kick out of my rotation during this fight because it was reflected back. This new kick is acting like a spell and is getting reflected back. If that other monk ran Heel, it wouldn't be overly surprising to see him eat it. An unfortunate change.
  6. Phrovo1 Augur

can confirm, got eaten within a few seconds while using Heel when he was reflecting
  7. mackal Augur

Yep, the only way to add extra hits that aren't spells is more master wu's ranks. These extra kicks that replaced stunning kick etc should probably be not reflectable because of issues like this, unless they can be toggled off, haven't actually logged my monk in since the changes :p
  8. Snazster Elder

Ya, Killed him dozens of time. i used to move my stunning kick button off my spam bar for this fight. Not really an option now, plus he is reflecting a lot of strike damage as well. If they are going to label all of our special attacks as spells then I think they should change our class name to Mystic Monk.
  9. Riou EQResource

Yea, setting them to Not Reflect-able probably is the way to go. Otherwise Monks are basically weaker (as they would have to turn off all of the special attacks) or straight up cant fight certain reflecting mobs (as they insta die).
    Brohg likes this.
  10. Aelen Augur

The resonant strikes/kicks look like they're flagged non-reflectable.

I could've sworn I killed myself with Alliance on Grannus before, but couldn't find proof when I went back. Alliance fulminations are also non-reflectable.

Grannus get's his reflect from a script rather than a buff, yeah?

Maybe that goes around the no-reflect tag or something.

Might be useful to see if they get reflected by more conventional buff-based stuff or not. Otherwise, it's mostly a Grannus bug rather than a general thing.

Would testing that on someone with a mirror spell in a duel work, or would ya want to track down a named or something with a reflective buff?
  11. feeltheburn Augur

SHADED ftw he isnt more then a 30 second burn anyways :p