Monks needs a new Hth dmg/dly chart to compare

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by falendar, Sep 24, 2015.

1. falendar Lorekeeper

I have tried pming a few dev/CSRS but I still have been unable to get a reply. Can we get a correct hth chart to be able to compare weapons drops to please? I think we are pretty close with our own parses but I would love to see something concrete, or even better add a right click function to fist slot that will display dmg/dly and dmg bonus.

Thank you
    Agrippa likes this.
  2. BestReleaseNA Augur

I second this. I think across the board there should be more clarity with damage calculations as well. Many of us who have played mmos a long time are used to theory crafting. It can be a bit difficult on EQ with over a decade of ever changing information and a much smaller playerbase.
  3. Gorgok New Member

Fist delay is always 38 unless you have epic, then its 26.

Fist damage is calculated using the following formula: (h2h skill/15)+3
  4. Zublak Augur

It would be nice. I mentioned in another thread that after severs came back up last night from the hotfix that I felt my fist were swinging slower than before. Pure speculation, but I'm not sure if they stealth nerfed our delay or if it's all in my head. I may dig through some parses over the weekend and compare.
  5. falendar Lorekeeper

The delay should be 38 but if the nerfed it again we'll have to do parses and I won't have time to perform them for several days, it would be way easier for them to give is the charts again like they have always done.

As per prathun epic delay is 28 not 26. again would be easier with a chart to see this.

This is the most Prathun has given me and it helped a lot with the work everyone has done to get a chart which we hope is accurate.
    Looking at the code, hand to hand delay is 38 for non-iksar and 39 for iksar, unless the character is wielding the Epic, in which case the delay is 28.
    (Small caveat, at level 53 or below, wielding the epic scales the H2H delay based on the skill of the character)
  6. iMugatu Elder

It's silly that there is not some kind of indicator in game as to what our fists damage is. Stop all the guess work and put it in the stats tab or something.
    lockjaws and DaedorAlive like this.
  7. falendar Lorekeeper

hopefully we get something. I have given up pming the devs at this point though so I am hoping we get an answer here.
  8. Raynard Augur

I agree completely, you should be able to inspect the empty primary/secondary slot and get an item window with your current bare fist damage/delay and damage bonus.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. falendar Lorekeeper

Yep yep, I am hoping to get attention to this post but if not we might have to respectfully barrage the devs to address this. There's no reason why fists are the only weapons in game with an unseen value.
    Agrippa and lockjaws like this.
  10. Rhodz Augur

You know sometimes its as if the devs dont have clue what it is, what it's supposed to be, or why it is the way it is. Its a hold over from the days when keeping things as mysterious as possible was a thing. Yeah think the game is long past that point also.
    I would trust a good parse over anything relayed by a dev any day. Gives an answer much faster too it seems.
  11. falendar Lorekeeper

No, I think the devs are working hard but they don't see the need like we do. We know it's something that is core to our class and need the information.
  12. lockjaws Augur

Any updates on this, devs?
  13. taliefer Augur

who knew something so obvious, would be so hard to get a response on
  14. Zurd Lorekeeper

agreed...it should get a response, and monks should get a chart.
  15. falendar Lorekeeper

I emailed Prathun again yesterday but still no response.
  16. falendar Lorekeeper

Ok I just got a response from Prathun, Here it is.

The team is packing up everything in the building in preparation for our move early next week. In addition to that, we're in crunch mode to push for as-close-to-content-complete-as-possible for the Broken Mirror beta. I want to help, and this sounds like a completely reasonable thing to show in the game, but this is not a good time.
  17. falendar Lorekeeper

I did ask for a chart for now as well will update when I get a reply.
  18. falendar Lorekeeper

No chart for now either, he says with everything going on he won't have the time.
  19. taliefer Augur

at least its a response. hopefully it doesnt get lost in the shuffle
    Simone likes this.
  20. falendar Lorekeeper

i'll get back to them after the release of the expansion.