Monk Twink Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, May 3, 2018.

1. urbanbo70 Elder

Guys help me out here please. I just started a new monk on Agnarr and bought a Khashek's Katar for my main hand. What would be some of the best weapons for my off hand - Gold Inlaid Ulak, Fist of Iron, Stave of Shielding?
  2. Baldur Augur

Until level 20 you just really want the lowest delay because of the damage cap. So jade mace, iksar berserker club, guard captain's mallet, fist of iron and exquisite velium battlehammer are nice.

Once you hit 20 you just want the best ratio. So stave of shielding / adamantite club is a good option.

Depending on your level and the server you're on there's better options as you level up as well.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

I was going to suggest a Jade Mace too... or similar ratio weapon. The Iksar Berserker Club is nice but at 8.0wt its a bit heavy for a monk. (Jade Mace being 2.1. still heavy but better) (my little bst twink has a Seb croakin dirk and IBC right now as I found both dirt-cheap in the bazaar)
  4. Baldur Augur

If he's twinking I assumed powerleveling as well. The only thing weight does for a monk is lower ac, and if you're powerleveling that doesn't matter.

Even without powerleveling you can get fully buffed in guild lobby or nexus or EC tunnel or PoK (depending on your server) and the loss in ac won't affect you much.
  5. urbanbo70 Elder

I am not powerleveling. I will be grouping with a friend of mine starting a shaman. So I have narrowed it down to these 3 for my OH, what do you guys think I should go with? Price does not matter and I am looking for this combo to last me at least into the 50's.

Adamantite Club
    Fist of Iron
    SoS
  6. Baldur Augur

It's like I said, once you hit 20 it's best ratio.

SoS and Adamantite Club are the best ratio of those you listed.

Once you hit 50 and the club starts procing you'll do more damage with it in main hand and SoS in off hand.
  7. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Nothing quite replace feeling of bash froggy with bare fist. Bash, claw, strangle. All good way to end froggy. Only good offhand weapon is other froggy. Grab by legs, make good whip.
    Zentara, snailish, Roxas MM and 2 others like this.
  8. urbanbo70 Elder

Ok, I have another question. Is Tiger Claw better than Eagle Strike and Dragon Punch? Is Round Kick better then Flying Kick? Which one of these should I stick with?
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Tiger Claw and Flying Kick will give you the best damage output. Kick and Round Kick can be useful for their snare and stun procs in certain situations. Eagle Strike procs a spell that regens endurance, but it doesn't stack with Killing Spree.
  10. Krezzy Augur

I don't think Killing Spree and Divine Surge of Battle will be available on Agnarr.
  11. Probablecause New Member

Hold on. Tiger claw does more damage than dragon punch/tail rake??
  12. Zapsos Augur

No - Tiger claw will proc an attack debuff though.
  13. Krezzy Augur

A lot of these replies look like they aren't suitable for Agnarr's ruleset.

Monks on Agnarr get SoL / PoP AA abilities only.

OP, regarding regarding your offhand weapon, just choose based on ratio. Bonus damage does not apply to your Secondary slot, and offhand proc rate tends to be low.