Monk Thunderkick and Twincast broken?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Taiqwon, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Zarakii Augur

Good point i didnt consider long term uptime on all disc but say arx1 takes 700ish sec to do hopefully (not in all cases) your burns will be up again for the next event anyways but i can see how with faster reuse bigger burns the lower end burns wouldnt matter much if at all anymore. The eye of the storm i have thought about a lot and it would be nice and not too over powered but as you said i dont see anything coming from TBM hastened aa wise but i do hope both bsts fury and zerks furious ramp get hastened

just got home from work so tired just noticed you said in one hour so thats counting the refresh times /facepalm please ignore that section on my post about event times lol
  2. Zarakii Augur

hehe its not much but if its not up when everything else is down thats not good =P
  3. Taiqwon Augur

The recent change to our AE attack has been nice, it gave us back a lot of ground. Some minor stuff would be nice to get it to same ballpark.

Since I started this thread additional "changes" have happened to thunderfoot. Our heel disc no longer procs it as often as it used to. Best I can tell neither does crane nor stunning kick. Not sure on synergy. It seems to be behaving like a regular weapon proc in that frequency of the attack doesn't affect its rate. This is *NOT* how this ability used to work. It used to be what made our heel disc a #2 disc because it was usually going to proc it 7-10 times.

If that's what the devs want then that's ok, I'm only hoping they are sidelining this ability in favor of something less variable and more controllable. If that's the case, great lets do it. If not, I'd really like someone to look at it. The reality is that we've lost a lot of dps ability in these changes. We just don't know what the intentions of DBG are with regards to it.
  4. Insanekitty Lorekeeper

They are all pretty much a 10 min roughly timer with reductions with the exception of cleaving acrimony which is 23 mins if i recall but dont quote me it is also a severely lacking disc, i believe our ancient cry of chaos is still on a 25 min CD but again dont quote me. Its normally down if you have used it on one event and starting a second.

I understand the passive ability you are talking about but remember , all our discs were nerfed to compensate for the burst from the discs , just to keep a thought in mind. specificly all of our disc lines had damage cuts done do them. 35 percent or something along those lines i cant be certain as patch notes never tell the truth when it comes to actual gameplay.

they didnt give us free dps upgrades without a catch. It was designed to improve our sustained dps not our burst dps just fyi , u can checkout some of the posts regarding the increase in dps , its amazing how fast a candle burns out when it burns its brightest, wizards can rez and regain some of that candle , we sadly cannot, atleast not to the extent we used to which is dissapointing.

They also added a CD timer to axe summoning which is completely hilarious since i think we are the 1 class that goes through countless components every raid at 2600 pp a stack of components they do eventually add up. WTB endless axes and augable like other classes with bows.

I have played the class since its beta inception leveling from 1 to 60 with my level 1 weapon. I have played the zerker class ever since till i got fed up with all the nerfs then came back , noticed not much had changed.

the real issue is that there is no synergy with shaman click and rogue discs and monk discs , im always 1.5 mins behind after the first shaman epic so i never get benefit after the first click , until the end of the event if it lasts long enough for my discs to be back up , mainly brutal and SS , Vehement rage and Reckless abandon however seem to have moderately different timers on them as they are not up at the same time upon refresh , desperation still has its long CD ,

Openers are ok , Fade used to allow us to reuse our openers which helped catch up with 120k kick in the shins , but everything gets compounded when fade becomes entirely useless, keep in mind i am raid geared with a full set of TDS gear, being 1 shot with shamans casting growth on me with 180k hp and 13300 ac , DPS is meaningless if you are dead.

In the end DPS is staying alive , and now with the nerf to fade staying alive Is so important that if you die you basicly become a pure melee swing dummy with no discs or abilities at your disposal.

I think i have said on quite a few posts , most of our dmg increasing and deagro abilities are being resisted , axe of Numicia is one of em.

anyhow cheers

IK was here
  5. chiin New Member

this has been some great reading....really.
  6. Sarcogian Augur

In my own personal testing before and after destructive force change but still after terrorpalm change, heel is our #2 disc. In my own personal testing it goes.

#1 speedfocus + destructive force
    #2 heel of zagali
    #3 terrorpalm + destructive force
    #4 speed focus
    #5 iron fist
    #6 terrorpalm
    #7 eye of the storm

I don't include earth force because it's just a filler. But heel is still our #2 burn disc, if you don't have destructive force up, it's number 1 burn disc. Tested this by mashing my hit key button for an hour straight with all self buffs and available aa clicks going. Only about 1/6 the accuracy but there was no way speed focus at 96k was touching heel at 120k in 5 more hours.
  7. Riou EQResource

Heel + DF should beat out SF + DF, but that is only viable on like <30 second fights because anything past that and you just tanked your DPS hard not pairing SF + DF.
  8. Zarakii Augur

heel being so RNG based i always pair speed+infusion with DF on top of shaman epic (still thinking of testing 2nd spire with it instead of heel) because hitting THAT fast/many times for 45k a swing from what i have noticed more times then not beats out heel unless rng is just on your side that night. me personally id rather have solid consistency then a chance for a slightly higher burst and the fact tho rare now the chance of getting 2 speed burns in per event without that 2nd speed burn in it can make a big difference vs rogs/zerks/rangers/bsts. Still can beat the rangers/bsts but timing is everything
    Riou likes this.
  9. Sarcogian Augur

The problem with heel and DF in prior testing (have yet to check after DF change) DF only effects hits done by weapon. So yes you're still adding damage per hit but you're not increasing the hit rounds enough to make it better than paired speedfocus. On paper it maybe it is better now, I haven't looked into it. Once I get home I'll probably check it out since I don't participate in beta unless forced (raids) too.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

Terrorpalm should still be better than SF+IoT if you have a beastlord who clicks RF.
  11. Zarakii Augur

with up time on shaman epic and the 66% damage nerf to TP your melee hits will be pretty close to what you are doing with TP now using speed+IoT but you get soo many more hits in
  12. Taiqwon Augur

I'll say that I find it a bit humorous that our best disc right now is from 2003. TWELVE years ago. That's some sheet right there.
  13. Zarakii Augur

I actually like speed as a main burn with it being our fastest reuse disc and not so RNG based like heel we can keep up the sustained easier but then again rng has never been my friend so when i find something that isnt so based around it im in heaven =P

i want to shine at sustained if i wanted to do big numbers on short fights id still main my zerk =P but were not hurting in that regard either imo we are at a solid spot
  14. Taiqwon Augur

Oh I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it's funny lol
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I find it as more a return to normality, it was only for a few years that the Palm line and then the Heel line have been better than SF.