Monk Thunderkick and Twincast broken?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Taiqwon, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Smokn Augur

Yes I been on the TLP server but that only cause we been farming TDS since week 7 of its release???? It's a little played out bro
    draginn and Leex like this.
  2. Qulas Augur

Acting like this has has never proven to be productive.
    Sancus, Stubar and Leex like this.
  3. Brogett Augur

I'm not commenting on how monks currently are as I don't get to regularly see the good parses atm. However regarding monk dps - it has generally been between the top most focused dps (wiz, ber, rog) and the hybrid. Sometimes more (when it's been broken) and sometimes less (when it's also been broken).

Fact is I know our monks were generally not as 100% focused on DPS and *nothing* else, and while not true of every monk it's far from unusual behaviour. They'd discuss AC and whether dex or agi was a better stat; they'd save up raid currency to buy the tanking set of gear, etc. You just don't find that behaviour in a rog or ber. That's because the class is simply different. Monk is 90% dps with a 10% nod towards being sturdy. Ber/Rog are 100% dps, to the extent they actually accept negative effects elsewhere (positional, some self harm / incoming damage multipliers) to get where they are at.

So monks aren't "top tier dps class". No way... But above the hybrids for sure, which means within a few percent of the top.
  4. Brogett Augur

They backed down on it in the end, whch is a shame. The ability is plain broken IMO and I'd rather be balanced around not having to risk waking up every mezzed mob in the vacinity.

The AE should never have landed on primary target, but I guess it's simply far easier to code that way.
  5. Qulas Augur

In the test patch notes:

- Monk - Extra melee rounds granted from Destructive Force now have the ability to trigger additional hits from double attack, etc.

Our Destructive Force will now work like it does for Rogues / Berserkers.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except for the fact that the entirety of the comments in that post regarding pulling are pure BS. Those abilities had nothing at all to do with the death of pulling 10ish years ago. And those changes are only going to negatively effect the monk, bard, and SK classes regarding pulling (maybe the necro's a little) because no other class either has or uses those abilities for pulling. Thus it is not going to bring pulling back to the game it is going to further marginalize it. So yes, pulling is officially dead; they are just officially burying it now.

If the Dev's actually believe the load that they wrote about pulling in that post, they are delusional to the point that I am kind of worried about them.

IMO, that is a bad thing, because now they will be making it utterly worthless because now they can continue with their plan to change it to work the way they made up last year as how it was "intended" to only last 1 second per rank. Thus in the long run this is just going to be a (further) nerf, just for us all 3 of us in this case.
  7. Kontra Augur

Our survivability alone compared to rog/bers clearly justifies us happily taking a parse-backseat to me....nevermind the fact that our purify works on 99.9% of debuffs and everything else we have in our bag of tricks (earthforce, ID, blink etc etc) If monks started topping charts against equally skilled rogues and zerkers with similar adps, there'd be some serious rioting on these boards you can bet!
  8. Zarakii Augur

thats not happening on equally skilled rog/zerks compared to monks either
  9. Attickus Journeyman

Our survivability so does not justifies us taking a parse-backseat... let's start with your first reason, Purify Body. Yes it is useful, but at the same time it also has a cooldown of a couple of minutes. not to mention your going to save it for the most opportune moment to use it. So again that is not a reason for us to have lesser DPS.

Yes, we have Earthforce, yeah it's good and all, but to use it we have to not use a DPS disc to get the full potential out of it, sure you could just use it for the rune and turn it off(which im assuming most do anyways) on which the rune will get ate pretty quickly in Arx raid's AE's anyways... so not a real reason for us to have lesser DPS.

ID honestly with the recent changes to it I hardly use it anymore, much rather use our ordinary FD. Sure ID has it's uses, it had more however when it had the perm invis/hide until you zone or force yourself out of it instead of the 1 minute version of that invis we get now. Not a reason for us to have lesser DPS.

Neshika's Blink is one of our most useless AA's that I wish we had never gotten. It does nothing to give us any stats whatsoever and just moves us a certain distance in the direction your facing when it's used. Yet again this shouldn't be a reason for us to have lesser DPS.

I'm not asking for us to be the top because that is unlikely, but what i am asking for is for the Monk class to be on a level playing field in DPS compared to the other Melee DPS classes, which we are not.
    Tenaka and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  10. Zarakii Augur

i completely agree with your reply but blink comes in handy on arx3 if/when you get summoned into that aura or just wanna trip people out lol
  11. Riou EQResource

You should be Melee DPS'ing inside that aura though :p
  12. Kaliko Augur

Our really only major survivability advantage over them is FD/ID and of course mend is pretty handy when the healer is always dead. Earthforce is more of a if you know you'll get aggro you can click it and survive for a moment but by the time you realize you have aggro with a disc running you will probably already be dead on a raid. Personally I do believe monks should be behind Berserkers and rogues but we could use a boost to burst in some way or at least for once have a powerful burn disc because as it is we are really only a sustained class which doesn't always help when events are kinda short and our disc reuses are long. Terrorpalm didn't even really need a nerf with the melee dps boost as it was weak as it is. Rogues are in a pretty solid spot right now in both sustained and burst as long as they have the mobs back and extremely short reuse burns.
  13. Zarakii Augur

im brave not that brave =P
  14. Attickus Journeyman

Eh, should probably be DPS'ing in that aura... but to each their own strats I suppose. Though you make a point that blink could be helpful in that situation and I believe I used it a time or two, although strafing works out better imo.

Beat me to saying that myself Riou :D
  15. Kontra Augur

You guys need to realize I never said we don't need a small boost, I merely said due to our survivability compared to rogue/zerker, we can't expect to top their #s or really even match them.
  16. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

Should spend less time complaining and more time learning how to dps. Then maybe you wont have to complain??
    draginn, Kontra and Kiillz like this.
  17. Attickus Journeyman

I posted what I have based on the fact that I do not agree with you on your reasoning that just because we "have" said survivability means little to nothing to me in this day and age of the game unless your a tank on raids, which monks most definitely are not, but i digress.

As for your post Ashten. That is the exact type post that doesn't get this thread any real discussion and is just used to distract from the topic. I should have expect as much though from someone in Triton.

So please if you do not have anything to post about the topic other then "less time complaining, and more time learning how to dps" which I can assure you on the upwards of probably 90% of monks that raid have done already, then please do not post again in this thread as it is just a distraction. Thank you so kindly.
  18. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

I dont see any real discussion except "we need a boost because we suck"
  19. Attickus Journeyman

I however have never said we "suck" or that "we need a boost because we suck" as you so eloquently just put it. I am not saying that other's have never said that, but you will never find me say that about monks.

If I had I would have already re-rolled as a different class already, which I have not and never intend to do.

I am not here to be friends, I am merely here to debate on whether or not our survivability is the big reason as to why our DPS should be lower which I do not believe it is.

I will also say that I am expecting changes in the next expansion that will define the monk class better for use then what we currently are useful for that will explain why we are where we are at currently. Whether it be from the raid's and content that will require our specific skill set as a class, or changes that will define us better through disc's and AA's that other classes will not have. I believe it will be one of these or both that will happen. It would also explain the changes to all fades and flings in the game.
    draginn and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  20. Kiillz Augur

Could we use a boost? sure. Do I blame survivability on that? no not necessarily. Been long standing to me that our class was overall the most BALANCED as far as dps, survivability, able to tank some when needed etc. IMO tho all that being said, I have always accepted the fact that unless said zerker or rogue is clueless in what they are doing that they SHOULD be the ones parsing a bazillion or us slightly behind, but the beauty of the game is not EVERYONE is as skilled as others (and this doenst make them a bad person or clueless) and those are the times we will parse higher then them and we ALL know group make up and the skill of the ADPS in group will effect this as well.

ALL things equal and skills aside yeah they should be on top but its the little things that seperate the good from the great or the higher parse from the lower parse.

Also sir Attickus.....as level headed as you speak?? I would appreciate you NOT clumping people into a group and stereotyping.... don't appreciate the " I should have expect as much though from someone in Triton.", as I have never said a cross word about Fu as I have friends there nor another guild, but to each his own I guess.
    Attickus likes this.