Monk - Swift Reflexes broken?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Thrillho, May 7, 2013.

1. Thrillho Augur

This "rune" doesn't always fire, at least the Rk III version of it.

When doing the Chelsith raid, I've noticed I'm taking some 25K+ shots and still have the SR buff up. These aren't direct hits from aggro. When I do get direct hits from aggro, SR does manage to go off.

Last night specifically, I took a 30K then 40K shots in a row without SR firing. While it's nice it's not going to waste against a single or double hit, it's still 70K hp gone. If a large AE goes off during that mess, there's a good chance I'm down for the count.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I didn't seem to have any trouble with it in Rk II.
  2. Savager Augur

I know Qulas has had trouble with getting it to fire but I don't really pay attention to mine, when I do see my hps drop I do a quick check of my buffs and usually SR will be gone so I just hit it again so it's up. I'll also usually hit earthforce whenever it pops if its a big melee dmg fight, if its an AE heavy fight I'll hit impen instead until they add the rune to earthforce like they said they would.
  3. sojuu Augur

I havnt payed too much attention to it firing or not. I have the rk3 version and never tried the rk2, I thought it wasn't firing but never took the time to test it and see if I was getting hit for enough or not. Maybe add it to the bugs they are asking for in the other thread?
  4. Ishtass Augur

Do we know how much dmg in a single it that it supposedly takes to fire? Is there any application of this disc for the group game?
  5. Thrillho Augur

Description says a hit 25K+ and it will absorb (or significantly reduce?) the following 3 hits.

The only group mobs which hit like that would be named.
  6. Nedrom Augur

recent patch changed it to 18k from 25k I read. Does it work better now?
  7. Thrillho Augur

Haven't had a chance to extensively test it, but it seems to be firing more often now.

Something I just realized now though (and won't be able to confirm until tonight) - I was using Rk II last night but have had Rk III for weeks now. Would there be a reason for it to revert back due to the patch?
  8. Ishtass Augur

Did you make a new button for it? You still technically have both ranks of it, but making a new button will tie it to the highest rank you have.
  9. Thrillho Augur

Yes. It wasn't the button I checked though, it was the actual discipline list. I had checked to see which ones I still needed to upgrade.
    And I think the old buttons don't work when the discs are upgraded.
  10. Kelefane Augur

That needs to be PMed/brought up to Aristo then. I doubt he reads these threads.
  11. Nedrom Augur

Before we send anything to Aristo through PM, let's confirm a bug exists :)
  12. Thrillho Augur

Fires fine now. Doesn't come back fine though. It'll drop and I'll have to click the disc 2-3 times before I get the buff. Anyone else noticing that problem? No rez effects, no detrimental effects, full stamina, full health, full rest mode, etc.

(Spent another terrormote and am using Rk III again).
  13. Thrillho Augur

As of last night, this still is not working against raid mobs with wild rampage. Shadow of Luclin was hitting me for 42K last night consistently without Swift Reflexes Rk III going off. Other monks in the raid were the same.

The hit always came after a smaller hit, less than 18K. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
  14. Thrillho Augur

15. Sukrasisx New Member

I have just confirmed this bug exists. I'd run into it before, discovering that my failure to upgrade my hotkey from Rk1 to Rk2 had caused the button to stop working (instead of continuing to do the Rk1), but I just went back and checked again using a Rk1 Zalikor's Fang that I still have sitting around, having just gotten Rk2. The Rk1 key does not fire and does not burn the timer.

On the original topic, I'm seeing Swift Reflexes fire on hits just below 20K, which sounds like it's working as intended now.
  16. Kontra Augur

Upgrading an ability or disc rank overwrites the previous rank in the disc window, and nullifies the pre-existing hotkey, so that shouldn't matter here. The fact that it only seems to fire from direct hits and not raidwide or passive damage seems like a bug, unless that's the way it was intended to fire? Curious now also, as admittedly I am not sure how it was designed to work being more of a melee rune
  17. Thrillho Augur

The problem wasn't that I was trying to use Rk 2 when I had Rk 3, it was that I upgraded to Rk 3 and it degraded itself to Rk 2 at some point. Further, after re-upgrading to Rk 3, it refused to buff me even after clicking the disc multiple times (usually took 3x to do). I haven't had that problem in a while though.

As for when it is supposed to fire, I would imagine its meant to consider all hits, whether it's direct from aggro on a mob, or indirect from a riposte / (wild) rampage. It is certainly of no use to us if it doesn't absorb rampage hits - we're now back to where we were before on ranged fights in raids. However, I do believe it does fire sometimes from rampage - I just can't seem to make sense of when it doesn't fire (usually because I'm trying to keep myself alive, instead of analyzing what's going on).

I'm out of ramp mobs for the week to test this on. It'll have to wait until next week to see what's going on, at least from my perspective.