Monk stunning kick removed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aganerral, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Fleeting Augur

i say no .. monks on zek get hit super hard in pvp with no ability to stun trgts from a distance to either catch or run away from someone. but hey just zek talking ignore us
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Have the rumors of Zek's demise been greatly exaggerated?
  3. Fleeting Augur

summer time on zek is always ghost town since forever people still pvping nightly
  4. Millianna Augur

Thanks for the update - we greatly appreciate it. However, wouldn't it be more advisable to ask the community prior to making a major change? The ability to bind keys and make macros makes clicking something every 5 seconds a non issue. It seems that anything that might require "thought" is slowly being removed from the game.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Symbius Augur

Thanks for explaining it further. Passive is always nice considering how many freaking buttons there are to push.

However, I can already tell you that Kick and Round Kick will never be used. It's silly to even think they would be as you eluded to in your response.

Also, unless you unlink Eagle Strike and this new Dragon Punch from Tiger Claw/Flying Kick they will never.. and I mean NEVER be used. The fact that an endurance regen is linked to an ability that will never be used is absurd all by itself, but making a whole new ability that will never be used is borderline insane if they will be linked to lock FK/TC out.
  6. svann Augur

Personally, Id rather the idea of multibinding many skills into one keypress be removed from the game. Multibinding makes the game less about dynamic choice of abilities and more about figuring out which order to put them in your macro/bind, which is less good. But with so many abilities it is too much to expect players to manage them all without multibinding. If they could remove some tedious abilities then perhaps they can make the remaining shorter ability list more about choosing the right one while fighting, instead of choosing in advance the order to put them in a multibind.
  7. Riou EQResource

I think in a case like Eagle Strike it's just not good enough for its triggered effect, like using it now you would gain something like 4k endurance over the course of a minute? on a like 160k endurance pool? That is basically nothing and not worth the trade off in basically any scenario.

For example, Breather rk3 is around 20k endurance regen over 42s out of every 90s, this has 0 dps loss cost while using 1 or 2 (if you have to fade) buttons every 90s. For Eagle Strike to be used over Tiger Claw (that is to lose DPS, attack debuff, and have to change your auto skill or hit the button as needed), it should EXCEED this by quite a bit in the same time frame. So we are talking something like at least 30-40k? endurance over 90s.

If you *need* the stun or snare, I imagine anyone will be using the kicks for stun or snare and accept the DPS loss. It just depends on how much you absolutely *need* what it provides. If you are in some say HARD content that can happen to be stunned, it is likely much more beneficial to lose some DPS and stun the mobs to have an easier time for your group.
  8. Ishtass Augur

Use case: Using dps kick on mob until it starts to run, switch to snare kicks.

If folks have to constantly switch between these abilities to get any use of them, then what's the whole point of being able to auto-skill them? Seems like 2 ideas got mixed up and don't play well together.
    Lisard likes this.
  9. Millianna Augur

If you want more dynamic, then remove some of the useless abilities and make the more usefull ones more usefull. Have you looked at the AA window? Wish I had a filter so that I can remove some of the useless ones I will never use.
  10. Symbius Augur

Yeah, I realize the endurance return is negligible at best. It's more the whole idea of sticking these things onto stuff that will never get used that makes me /eyeroll the whole thing.

It's just insane to me to make abilities in a game where the players will never use them. That's just poor design.
  11. Lisard Silly

This exactly LOL, unless they plan to unlock round kick like they did with our tiger claw. I swear they are so backwords over there sometimes. 1 step forward 3 steps back.
  12. Phrovo1 Augur

as of now do you guys plan on making the flying kick and tiger claw proc off every kick/punch skill 100% of the time or have a chance to proc?
  13. mackal Augur

14. Phrovo1 Augur

that happened because the devs were too stubborn to change the skill used for Dragon's Balance
  15. kyong Augur

Trying to wrap my head around this:

So autoskill flying kick = flying kick attacks + chance for Thunderfoot + 418 FK skill attack?

With this chance we could also autoskill tigerclaw at the same time? = tiger claw attacks + atk debuff + xxx tigerclaw skill attack
  16. Dropfast Augur

The way I'm understanding it that's right Kyong.

While it is a bit of an odd change, I'm not sure why anyone is complaining. In the end we gain DPS, have less crap to spam, and were trading stun for ATK debuff. While the stun is nice, I'm all for this. Monk tanking has always been unstable and the stun just made it worse. Trading the stun for 1 out of every 9 secs for ATK debuff going all the time should at least slightly help our tanking as well. Not to mention, if we are tanking something nasty we will be able to now stun the mob every 1.5 seconds (instead of every 9) at the cost of a DPS loss. While on average were all going to use flying kick 99% of the time, we'll at least have the option to pretty much chain stun nasty mobs when needed. It's pretty much gains all around guys, assuming it all works the way it should and I'm understanding it correctly.
    Phrovo1 likes this.
  17. kyong Augur

Thanks Dropfast. While I will miss the ability to be firing both stunning kick and a possible thunderfoot at the same time I am really excited about this change.
  18. Kaliko Augur

This seems a little uncalled for the monks that do group content, stunning kick was great for them vs mobs and now they'll have to swap out flying kick to round kick for less damage just to have a chance to stun?
  19. Dropfast Augur

Yes, but now you'll have the Eye gouge ATK de-buff running all the time as it will be procing off Tiger claw attacks
  20. Riou EQResource

Stunning kick has been a 3s stun since rank 3, anything stun-able will be a bigger mob DPS reduction then the attack debuff

Post change Round Kick will be a 1.5s stun every 4s, which is slightly more then Stunning Kick

Monks will actually have more Defensive power Post Patch if they choose to use them, the stun will be slightly more over time (3s per 8s instead of 3s per 9s), and you will have the full attack debuff on Tiger Claw always on

No one has parsed the DPS yet either, it's possible that both going at once will still keep your DPS around where you are on Live atm, while gaining a decent bit of defense, if you choose to maximize your defensive power over maximizing DPS