Monk Run Speed

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Snazster, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Snazster Elder

Is our running speed broken?

I was a bit annoyed, to put it mildly, when they made our compass give us blink upgrades rather than run speed upgrades, apparently because monks were fast enough already.

Now, however, I am seeing all manner of critters, even dwarf clerics (without a bard in their group) out running monks. I find this somewhat more than annoying. (and no, I have a good computer and graphics card so its not that).
  2. Thrillho Augur

I don't mind the blind recast time being reduced from the compass. I also wouldn't mind if we had our run speed increased instead. I've seen fast players outrun us, but typically with a distance run we'll still fare quite well vs bard speed / mount speed if we're using blink effectively.

It'd be nice to have a reduced cast time on items though. Calling up a mount takes up a bit of time, whereas other classes have near-instant cast times. Would be nice to cast while running, instead of stopping, casting, accelerating the mount up, and carrying on. That usually has a delay that makes it not worth casting at all, unless you're doing some long runs.
    Ssdar likes this.
  3. Snazster Elder

Not that many straight line runs where blink is of much use. Sometimes I'll use it for a tricky pull.

Went and looked at my compass yesterday and noticed that at 4 of 6 it is now giving some faster blink recast and a 1% run speed increase and that at 5 it will give a 3% increase. Any monk at 5 or 6 that can say what the run speed increase is at 6?

Sure, it's prob not much, but a big part of being a high-performance monk is grabbing every single last bit of advantage everywhere you can. Crucial, as a raid-equipped monk that does the research, and the preparation, and keeps his full attention on the fight at hand, can outperform another raid-equipped monk by as much as 4 to 1 on dps alone.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Runspeed increase at 6 is 5% same as it has been since they actually started giving us runspeed increases with it.

Also, the only way there is anyone running faster than us without a bard is if that person is on a mount. our Runspeed maxes out somewhere between 57 and 60 on the speedometer that they added awhile back, meanwhile the 2nd fastest mount is 75 iirc. Not sure where the other 4 speed mounts fall now.