Monk or Berserker?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by ceto, Nov 28, 2020.

1. ceto Elder

Hi folks,

Looking for a melee class I can causally molo up killing trash mobs, not interested in raiding or dungeons. I just want one of these classes I can log into for a couple of hours a day, kill some trash mobs for exp and loot without too much of a headache. Which one of these would make my life easier?

If Monk, what kind of weapon type should I be using as I level?

Thanks!
  2. Heajol Augur

Of those two yes I'd say monk is more versatile with some light tanking tools. However have you considered beastlord? Still a melee class although it's a hybrid and may be able to molo a wider array of content especially if undergeared. For a monk 2hb is usually considered best and for a beastlord dual wielding is usually considered best.
  3. ceto Elder

Thank you :)
  4. Razorwulf Journeyman

The one issue with BST over monk (My original was a beast so I am generally more biased to a beast), is that your pet is a huge part of your kit, and so you need a pet focus earring when summoning, and you need pet toys too, which can be a pain to quickly jump back into the mix after a wipe. Monk is just rez, rebuff and go.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Monk, for the 1-10, you can get by with bare fists or if you get a monk/bst specific 1h defiant weapon then those would be the way to go. 11-80 you can make do with defiant weapons of the h2h variety. 80-90 there are some h2h weapons you can get from doing Achievements from SoD and UF that are awesome for those levels. Post 90-100 you'll want to start moving towards 2hb. If you get some of the h2h combos can be ok, but usually the 2hb offers the same dps plus other bonuses. Post 100 2hb all the way.

Be aware, when I am speaking about these weapons they are always in reference to monk only or monk/bst only weapons. These typically have delays in the range of 23-25 for 2hb, and 17-21 for 1hb.

With regard to the question of monk vs zerker, I would say that the monk is probably easier if you are only going to do be molo'ing and do not plan to group with others as a rule. If however you plan to either group with others or box additional accounts, then a well played zerker can do a ton of dps at high levels.