Monk mash bar

Discussion in 'Melee' started by shimazuul, Apr 29, 2022.

1. shimazuul Journeyman

Ok, so I have recently returned from a couple years off. Almost up to 120 but behind on AAs. Had a few questions for those that still play a monk as if it were a dps class.

1. What do you have on your mash bar?
    2. What are the most important AAs for dps?
    3. I assume everyone is still using 2HB?
    4. What the @#$% is Dichotomic Form and what does it really do?
    5. What the @#$% is Composite Form and what does it really do?
    6. What are the most important special attacks in order?
    7. What is the best way to max dps without becoming the mobs new best friend 5 seconds into the fight?

Thanks
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

1. I don't do a traditional one, and honestly am not completely up on the newest and best strats for them so will let someone else advise you on this.
    2. This thread is a bit dated, but still reasonable monk aa buy priority.
    3. I think so, there may be some edge cases where you might get some 1h weapons that are just light years better than your existing 2hb, you would have to be a bit behind. I could be wrong though as I'm not near cutting edge.
    4. Dichotomic Form & Composite Form are special Disciplines that trigger a buff which evolves as you progress through specific expansions (Dichotomic = TBL & Composite = CoV). So you get the combat ability in each respective expansion, and then as you do progression you improve it. What the buff itself does is greatly increase your damage while it is running. It is endurance intensive, but worth it.
    5. See 4.
    6. Assuming you mean kicks/strikes: Flying Kick/Tiger Claw, Round Kick/Eagle Strike, Kick/Dragon Punch. The order is based upon a combination of damage and benefits, for example while Dragon Punch would do more damage than Eagle Strike, Eagle Stike has some benefits that would make it more appealing in addition. Flying Kick and Tiger Claw however will be the most damage outright (Tiger Claw due to the fact that we get items which increase its dmg).
    7. Don't attack the mob before the tank has it. Wait a bit before going all out. And if you're still worried FD every now and again. Have a /stand /attack social built into you attack button so you get back into the fight faster.
    Wharghoul likes this.
  3. Lisard Silly

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Imuu New Member

I just came back also and there just seems like too much stuff to have to spam
  5. Muji Augur

Was wondering if there's anything I'm missing from my mash key/bar setup. Or any changes I could make.

1. Vigorous Shuriken
    2. Bloodwalkers Synergy
    3. Buffeting of Fists
    4. Drunken Monkey
    5. Intimidation
    6. Icewalkers Precision Strike
    7. Firewalkers Precision Strike
    8. Doomwalkers Precision Strike
    9. Curse of the Fifteen Strikes
    10. Zlexak's Fang
    11. Zan Fi Whistle
    12. Two Finger Wasp Touch
    Szilent likes this.
  6. Dregar New Member

Hi All

All the posters mention what could be done with adps etc etc to get 2m dps. Any chance anyone could actually lay out

- this is what you do as a monk (raid setting i'm interested in)
    - in what order/combination with what adps.
    - Mash keys
    - anything else you use

I can't find an up to date monk "burn" / dps post anywhere.

Cheers
  7. 55monky New Member

Can a monk whos playing current content at level 120 whos raid geared and does good dps post the current mash keys in order please and any burn rotations? Would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
  8. Snazster Elder

Zan Fi
    Vig Shuriken
    (Wasp)
    Bloodwalker’s Syn
    Zlexak’s Fang
    Buffeting Fists
    Curse of 15
    Ice Prec Strike
    Drunken Monkey
    Intimidation
    Fire Prec Strike
    Doom Prec Strike

I leave Wasp out on raids so I can hit when no other Wasps are up. The thing about this specific order is they should all go off at once with the first key press.

Burns: Eye of the Storm and Eartforce are what you do between shaman epics. When shaman epic goes on you can Terrorpalm with Vehement and Ton Po, Ironfist with Heron Strike, Heel with damn near everything that will cast and, on a later shaman epic, Speed with whatever is back up.

Intensity, glyphs, endurance recovery are up to you
    Quatr likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm a bit late with the answer to this, but...
    This link explains what Dichotomic and Composite are for all classes: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Progressive_spells

Dichotomic is obsolete and replaced with Composite. With Night of Shadows, Ecliptic will obsolete Composite.

As for exactly what they do, try raidloot.com https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=COMPOSITE&effect=&class=Monk&level=&view=

Highest level:

[61289/8831] Composite Form 6
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 1737 (v433, Delay Mod)
    2: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 3039 (v433, Delay Mod)
    3: Increase Dragon Punch Damage Bonus by 2172 (v433, Delay Mod)
    4: Increase Eagle Strike Damage Bonus by 2172 (v433, Delay Mod)
    5: Increase Flying Kick Damage Bonus by 2172 (v433, Delay Mod)
    6: Increase Hand to Hand Damage Bonus by 1737 (v433, Delay Mod)
    7: Increase Kick Damage Bonus by 2172 (v433, Delay Mod)
    8: Increase Round Kick Damage Bonus by 2172 (v433, Delay Mod)
    9: Increase Tiger Claw Damage Bonus by 2172 (v433, Delay Mod)
    Text: You embrace the dual nature of eternity.
    Increases the power of your one-handed attacks by 1737, two-handed attacks by 3039, and special skill attacks by 2172. These values will be lower the faster your attacks are.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

As for Activated combat skills, you can /autoskill two at once. Here is the chart of what they do and which ones can be autoskilled at the same time (the Shares timer with means they can't be autoskilled at the same time): https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Monk#Activated_combat_skills

The chart does not have which do more damage, though.
    Quatr likes this.