Monk Kick, Round Kick, Flying Kick

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Accipiter, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm posting this in the Newbie Zone because new monks might benefit from it.

I've played a monk as a box for 15 years or more. However, I've never quite understood the kick options (because I really haven't needed to). The three kicks are on the same timer. So you start out with Kick and you skill that up. Then you get Round Kick at 5. So you start skilling that up, leaving Kick behind. When Flying Kick comes along at 30 you do the same thing and start skilling up Flying Kick.

Flying Kick is the last one we get so I assume it's the best. At 30 do I just forget Kick and Round Kick?

And, finally, again assuming that Flying Kick is the best, at level 61 monks should probably only set the Flying Kick skill to autofire. After all, if you set all three kicks to autofire, which one takes precedent?

Inquiring newbies (and some old veterans) want to know.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

For pure dps, your are correct, Flying kick is set it and forget it.

Once you start getting deeper into the AA grind, round kick starts to proc a stun, that in some lv brackets will hit even con+ mobs. I found this invaluable for tanking with my monk. Similarly kick has a snare proc, that is best in some zones. I put all 3 on a hot bar, and used that to change autoskill between them.

Always wanna keep them all leveled up, easiest in good groups, where you can take the dps hit, and still keep the camp broken.
    Niskin likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Good info, thanks. I'm not even sure now what kick I have on autoskill on my 115 monk. Guess I should check that.