Monk hot key question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by shimazuul, Jan 3, 2018.

1. shimazuul Journeyman

I am looking to create a hot key that will do the following:
    1. Feign
    2. Sit back up
    3. start auto-attack again

Anyone ever set anything like this up?
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm pretty sure it can be done.

#1 is probably a "/doability" command.
    #2 is something silly like "/sit off" or maybe it's "/stand"
    #3 should be like "/attack" or "/attack on"

It's not much different than the macros that Rogues use for evade, I just can't remember the specifics.
  3. Monkman Augur

Not a fan of macros like this because they tend to require more than one button press to trigger the whole thing. Muscle memory is your friend, when I'm flopping to reduce aggro my mouse cursor basically is clicking sit the second I flop and my finger is already on my auto attack button to rengage, total time is probably half a second to a second no more. Sorry this doesn't answer your question there may be others who use something like this that can post something more helpful.

[IMG]
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah I do it manually too, which does reinforce the process for when you need it.

9, 0, Q
    Feign, Stand, Attack

At least that's how I have it setup.
  5. Thrillho Augur

What Niskin has is probably your best bet for creating a hotkey. I think you might need to add a /pause in between the commands as well for good measure.

I'd be cautious using this though - macros in EQ aren't at all powerful. Quite the opposite actually; they break all the time. Lag is a large contributor for macros misfiring, and other macros tend to interfere with them if you're using more than one at the same time. This could easily misfire and be something like FD --> Autoattack, which would be fairly useless for you.

/doability 1 <if 1 is where FD is on your combat skills (abilities?)>
    /pause 5 <0.5 seconds>
    /stand <or whatever that command is>
    /pause 5 <0.5 seconds>
    /autoattack on <or whatever that command is>
  6. Riou EQResource

/doability will get the feign death
    /stand will make you stand up
    /attack will make you auto attack

You might need a small pause of like 1 in between (maybe) I've never used them like that :p
  7. Funk Augur

I've had a self made "evade" key for over a decade. However with lag you need to add in a small pause after you FD before you stand back up, otherwise you'll notice agro meter not resetting like it usually does. Previously I used /attack off as first line but I believe it's no longer needed.

/attack off (optional)
    /do 1 (F.D.)
    /pause 5 (.5sec)
    /stand
    /attack on

Just make sure if you actually want to just FD hit that button and not evade button'=)
  8. shimazuul Journeyman

Thanks for all the suggestions. Made it and it works great.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

/pause 5, /doability # FD
    /Stand
    /Attack on

I also have
    /pause 5, /doability # FD
    /doability # Mend
    /Stand
    /Attack on
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just a side note, a delay of 5 should be sufficient for even the worst lag conditions. I tend to use 1 and see how it works, then bump it to 2 if I have problems, and so on until it never fails.
    Jabez and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.