Monk FD fail and Epic Stun Proc

Discussion in 'Melee' started by casper69, Jan 29, 2014.

1. casper69 Journeyman

it doesn't need to be more powerful, it just needs to be fixed... if something is broke, I needs to be fixed....
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Except there is nothing "broken" whatsoever, you just claim it is in your complaint. The procs were intentionally made to not scale to infinity, like many of the epics.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

As it is, monks have multiple fd abilities. On the rare occasion fd fails, ID is there, and with rapid feign the reuse on normal fd is rather fast.

I play sk main, rog mnk and ench so your complaint would benefit me directly and I still contend it's a terrible idea. Most of the community agree Monks are in pretty good shape right now.
  4. sojuu Augur

I don't think it's really that big of a deal either way make it 100% cool if not Oh well. Is it really that bad keeping it where it is? No. Is it that big of a deal to make it 100% success? No. So why keep going back and forth over something that doesn't matter either way?
  5. Nedrom Augur

I checked my logs and since I came back August 2013, I've not had one single FD fail.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. strongbus Augur

making it work on current level mobs would be making it more powerful. every stun spell/proc in the game has a level limit on it. As newer exp come out newer and more powerful stun spells/proc come with them that work on those mobs. the epics where never meant to be use pass say level 80 or so. They are not going let a stun proc form a level 70 weap work on level 90-100+ mobs. It just not going happen.
  7. Nedrom Augur

I replied in the "second" thread about this, same answer...

Nothing is broken.

There is nothing wrong with the stun effect on monk epic 1.5 and 2.0

The spell effect is spinstun which only works up to level 40-45. It does work just not on current content. There is no reason for developers to fix this as it is not broken.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Ishtass Augur

There's one in every class
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and sojuu like this.
  9. Dulnon New Member

First of all. Wow...really. For one, if your whole party/raid wipes cause of the monk's pull. Then you need to find a better monk puller. That should NEVER happen. If the monk fails his FD, then get up run until you can FD again. Your monk should always be maxed out on his FD skill at all times. Secondly, your party/raid should never get in the way of your pulls until you bring it to them. That is the reason your party/raid gets slaughtered. If the monk knows what he is doing he will keep mobs coming to the party/ raid non-stop.
  10. Stymie Pendragon

You are responding to someone who hasn't posted on this board anywhere other than this thread, in 8-years...
    DaciksBB and Tucoh like this.
  11. Cyonic New Member

What about today in 2022? How do they fare?