Monk FD fail and Epic Stun Proc

Discussion in 'Melee' started by casper69, Jan 29, 2014.

1. casper69 Journeyman

I don't understand how the monks still fail FD at level 100 with max aa, and yet other classes are able to FD now. We've had feign death for years, yet we still haven't perfected it??? come on...
    Also, the monk epic... the stun only works on like level 40 mobs. The stun needs to be fixed to work on present level mobs. the epic is pretty much pointless in that regard. it's our epic, it should work on mobs that are stunnable...
  2. Tearsin Rain Augur

what does FD have to do with other classes getting fade?

feign death can (and does) fail for every class that gets feign death - monks, SKs, necros, beastlords, and technically the FD potion if you're using that - this is a function of feign death and always has been.

imitate death, which is your FADE spell and therefor comparable to the fade spells that all the other classes get, does NOT fail and so there is no issue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. casper69 Journeyman

Monks, unlike other classes, have had feign death since level 17! other classes now have feign death, and yes, they should fail, but monks should have mastered it in 83 levels and 11k aa. imitate death is a 2 minute refresh, same as sk's... how is that fair when we are supposed to be the pullers?
    monks can't even compete with bards in pulling now because their pulling skills are crap. might as well have an SK pull instead of a monk cause their FD is just as good... How can you say that FD is supposed to fail for monks just because it fails for everyone else, when monks are the beginning of FD.. Well, i think bard fade should fail too then..
  4. Izcurly Augur

Side note: A necro gets FD at level 16...why aren't you upset at that?

Mostly this is about class envy, but you've failed at your comparision-foo as well. Compare the WHOLE ability, not just the success % number.

The basic monk version of FD is a core ABILITY....not a spell, not a song, not even an AA. It works without endurance or mana, unlike nearly every other FD ability out there. The monk ability is instant, no cast time like most of the others. The monk ability even works when you're stunned. I'm not aware of any other class that can do that. With Imitate Death to back it up, it's pretty much bulletproof if you are using it correctly.

Most failures in practice have more to do with timing/usage than raw failure rates. If you FD after a cast has been started, it's still going to cast and break your FD. Either time it right, or break LOS first.
  5. Forcallen Augur

Necros have had fd since lvl 16 so we should also be able to cast it on the run, while stunned, when silenced like monks. Since after all we are THE fd class having had it the longest.
  6. casper69 Journeyman

yes necro's have feign death at 16, but it's a spell, not a skill... monks have the "skill" feign death which is not even comparable to the spell casting feign death.
    i'm not saying that spells shouldn't break FD or even that FD should fade aggro... i'm just saying it should be fixed so that it doesn't fail after a certain skill level so that we don't wipe raids or groups when it fails... most guilds have bards pull now because they are more reliable and can fade aggro repeatedly. monks don't even stand a chance with FD failing and a 2 minute Fade? rotfl you guys really think that's fair? I mean i'm happy to have fade, but every class has a fade now.. monks need some help in this area!
  7. Izcurly Augur

Not ALL the other classes. Beastlords don't have fade at all, only FD.
    And many of the classes that do get fade don't get a 100% fade (Druid I think is 90%). And some have pretty long reuse timers.
  8. casper69 Journeyman

...I feel for beastlords, but since their FD is new, it should fail occasionally..
  9. casper69 Journeyman

druids have succor/gate, invulnerability /camp? and as i recall, druids don't pull for raids?
  10. Izcurly Augur

Ok, NOW you aren't actually complaining about FD anymore, you're talking about aggro fade, which is NOT the same thing at all.

You're also talking about what you consider your raid role to be....which in most raids is dps these days. There really isn't a lot of pulling required in most raids anyway.

Every class does not get fade yet.
  11. casper69 Journeyman

omg, i am not talking about aggro fade. Yes, i believe imitate death is too long of a refresh for the monk class, but what i am more concerned about it FD (the skill, not the AA) failing.
  12. Tearsin Rain Augur

it's always had a chance to fail, it will always have a chance to fail, and what does other classes having an FD which also fails (and at a higher rate than monks, mind you) have to do with monk FD failing?
  13. casper69 Journeyman

going in circles here, but other classes are not pullers... and in other classes, it's not a skill that has been used for 83 levels..
    an example from a casters perspective, yea, you master a casting skill, but the spell can still fizzle? BUT WAIT!!! what is this?!!?! The AA Mastery of the Past! which completely eliminates fizzles up to a certain level. how is that justifiable? All those spells ALWAYS had a chance to fail, but now they don't...
    That's kinda counter intuitive to the logic of "it's always had a chance to fail, it will always have a chance to fail" right?
  14. Izcurly Augur

Actually, everyone has the potential to pull these days, the tools and techniques just change between them. The most important tool is the abilities of the person behind the keyboard. My monk is retired, but I can pull adequately solely with my Beastlord. I can adquately pull solely with my Cleric. But if I use them together properly, there's pretty much nothing I can't pull single...I don't even need line of sight.
  15. casper69 Journeyman

16. Forcallen Augur

Either the class having it the longest means they should have it mastered or not. You quickly backpedaled and now claim that skill vs spell has something to do with it instead. SInce you now realize you are not the class that has had it the longest.

Fizzle has nothing to do with our fail rate anymore, the fail rate is hardcoded by the devs. Mastery of the Past does not make us fd successfully more often.
  17. Forcallen Augur

To me this is the real issue. Vanilla quest. You can't require a puller any more or people rage so everyone can do it. You can't require a good healer (a merc has to cut it) or people rage so any healer has to cut it. You can't require a tank or at least a well geared tank (pets or any class with t1 attunable gear needs to work) or people rag. You can't require crowd control or people rage. You can't require dps checks or people rage. Everything needs to fit neatly into a 20 minute play session that any class with 3k aa can do with a merc and little class know how or its elitism or a dumb game.
  18. casper69 Journeyman

ok, every time you die, or your group wipes, or a raid wipes because of a failed FD, then this is why... i don't understand why people have such a problem with monks having an FD that works 100% of the time(not the fade portion of it). It's already so close to working 100% of the time, it's just stupid that it can still fail... you all obviously don't play monks and i don't know wth you are hating on monks for in an area that would make everyone's life better, not just the monk...
    i also feel that you are just trolling me so i'm done responding to ya'll since you are simply arguing about the way i'm arguing... anyone can pick at how someone says something, i've clearly stated what i believe and why it should be addressed.
    All i have is my opinion and that of other MONKS i talk to, we are getting shafted in this sense.. i don't care how things are hard coded or not, ya'll can still cast spells without fizzling because of that aa...
    I wasn't talking about the Spell FD failure rates when i brought up Mastery of the Past obviously, i was talking about fizzles... and If you can't see the connection between mastery of the past and a skill that has 83 levels behind it, then i have nothing else to say.
    Troll away
  19. Izcurly Augur

Dying happens, but if a failed FD also wipes the group or a raid (without them doing something stupid like healing you during the pull), then you probably aren't doing it right.

And yes, I know quite a bit about monks...I've had once since Kunark was new.
  20. Forcallen Augur

I was pointing out your flawed logic. You said monks should have 100% fd success because they have had it so long. I pointed out necros had it longer so they too should have 100% success by now if your logic is correct.

I agree bards having instant fade non stop and monks, necs, sk's having had fd for much longer have to wait 2 minutes is a bit silly but...

I don't know very many groups or raids that wipe to failed fd's these days. Sounds like bad pulling as in not accounting for a fail or having a plan for it if it does. Or bad support that is tossing heals, buffs or whatever on the puller at bad times. What in the world requires skilled pulling anymore? Vanilla quest has pretty much done away with that unless you are trying to bypass or skip past stuff to save time.