Monk Epic Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xaliax, May 16, 2022.

1. Xaliax New Member

Had a couple questions about monks and multi-questing.

I was planning on making 3 monks for my box group when Kunark drops (to be iksar).
    Is there anything I can multiquest on other characters in mean time during classic -- since I really dont want to make humans and pay to change them later?

I have never actually did an epic quest originally, so somewhat lost on this.
  2. Digler Elder

In classic there is a lot you can do regarding pre-loots for all the epics, monks included.

Go find a checklist and figure out what you wanna do in classic. Headbands/sashes, that first robe.

Those are all tradeable/MQable, if I'm not mistaken.
  3. Xaliax New Member

I looked up the robe. Site said its droppable completed without doing the other stuff from certain boss mobs.

Couldnt tell if that will be on the TLP or not though.
  4. Aenoan Augur

It's been a long time but things have also probably changed the only parts I remember then were the pipes in Kunark.
  5. Xaliax New Member

As far as those go I only ever seen the pipe in the dreadlands dungeon, forgot name. Anyway mainly looking for the stuff we can do in classic until I make the Iksar monks.

MOSTLY I wanted to know if the complete robe drops from the npcs it has listed on the website.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It can still drop from Brother Zephyl and Brother Qwinn yes. They were "buffed" last year to be harder to kill but are still doable with the right setup.

Raster of Guk and Targin the Rock are a lot more common now though from the same patch so questing for the robe is a very viable option. You could prequest the Red Sash of Order and Purple Headband in classic on any character with enough faction and then trade them to your monks in Kunark then just farm the 2 nodrop pieces.
  7. Hothbra Journeyman

Brothers drop them, but not 100% of the time. I just farmed one for my monk - took about 30 hours between 5 days for me to even get him to spawn, luckily dropped on first kill. Brothers will be wearing robe if equipped.

Most everything from the planes are MQable, not sure how much of the lower level stuff is since I skipped all that with the kill.
  8. Xaliax New Member

Thats the info I was looking for. When you say made them harder, will a 6 box @ 50 be able to deal with it?
  9. Dominate Augur

This is good advice. Also you can make level 1 human monks to turn in the pieces for the sashes/headbands. Since they are tradeable you can have them waiting for your Iksars when Kunark launches.

After you have the robe, the hard part is the pipes from Karnors/Chardok. They are both no drop, but you can multi quest them.

You can 6 box all the other parts including Xenevorash. There is a level 53 charmable mob in LoIO you can use to get him dead. Not mandatory, but it makes it super easy. You can also get this part done whenever you want (before or after the pipes) and you can multi quest the Demon Fangs.
  10. Baldur Augur

The karnors pipe will no longer be hard with only 30 minute replay timers on dzs. The chardok one will still be an issue.

With the changes they made to the robe drops, mainly raster being 5 times more common, I would just do the robe quest, no reason to kill the brothers now IMO.
  11. Herf Augur

If you kill the Brothers don't they now give you a horrible faction hit?
  12. Xaliax New Member

With who? Qeynos or something, I wouldnt care about that lol.
  13. Herf Augur

Feb 2021 patch:

- - Brother Zephyl, Brother Qwinn, Ran'un, Brother Velan Torresk, and Thena Lonnes have grown in strength. They are much more dangerous. Also, persons killing these folks will be greatly disliked by monk factions.
  14. Baldur Augur

15. Herf Augur

16. Xaliax New Member

17. Pizzanomicon Augur

There are checklists out there. It's a big time investment depending on various factors. I personally wouldn't do monk epic again and certainly not 3 times xD.
  18. Pizzanomicon Augur

You can feign death faction hits, unless that was changed.