Monk Ecliptic Form upgrade seems unnoticeable

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Hurrikane, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Hurrikane Journeyman

After checking the math and doing some parsing it seems comparing composite form rank 6 to Ecliptic rank 5 there is only a 3.4 percent boost. Does this seem to be the way it is intended or could this be a mistake? If anyone has comments for my edification I’d appreciate it kindly.
  2. Szilent Augur

61289 Composite Form 6 0s 6s 30s+ n/a Self
    2: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 3039 (v433, Delay Mod)

65269 Ecliptic Form 5 0s 6s 30s+ n/a Self
    2: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 3351 (v433, Delay Mod)

about 3.4% you say? looks right!
  3. Hurrikane Journeyman

Szilent thank you for taking the time to respond. According to the numbers you posted it appears to intend a 10.2 percent boost. When you actually parsed it was this the increase you saw or are you going purely by the description?
  4. Szilent Augur

that's the delta between old & new. the boost gains by that proportion, not the overall monk dps. baseDPS+boost -> baseDPS+moreboost , just the boost part changes
  5. Hurrikane Journeyman

Again Zsilent thanks for taking the time. I never parsed the overall dps to calculate this, Only the parts that were relevant to the skill (mainly flying kick and tiger claw) to make the comparison. I guess if that is what they intended then it is what it is. It would seem to me it’s a bit of a slap in the face of an increase.