Monk burns

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Thrillho, Jul 25, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I'm 100% on board with not blowing my load on one mob, but more of an increased, sustained DPS across the entire grouping session. I like to make one burn bigger than the others for named or an "oh " type of scenario.

That being said, I also like to limit it to about 4 different burns. Why 4? Because I have 4 on my Bezerker and will have around that many on the mag.

So, I can do a burn per mob basically on one toon constantly, all while saving one burn for a named on all toons.

There is a lot of talk about sustained increased dps on the monk, and less one big BAM dmg increase. This is my goal for my entire box team.

That being said, I took what was written and made up 5 "burn" buttons. If possible, I'd like to make it 4 burn buttons, but I am ok with 5 if needed. please critique what I listed and let me know. Notice I don't have any 7th vet rewards (although this guy may have 7th year, I'll check), and no Dicho (gonna have to research how to get that, seems confusing at first).

/disc Heel of Zogali
    /alt act 1361 (2nd spire)

/disc Speed Focus Discipline
    /alt act 945 (Infusion of Thunder)
    /alt act 1361 (2nd spire)
    /alt act 276 (Destructive Force)
    /disc Dragon's Balance

/disc Ironfist Discipline
    /disc Crane Stance

/disc Terrorpalm Discipline
    /alt act 276 (Destructive Force)
    /disc Dragon's Balance

/disc Eye of the Storm
    /disc Crane Stance

If these are "ok", which one would be my big burn? the speed one?
  2. Brohg Augur

Dicho is vendored as rk1 in Plane of Tranquility in the room with Quellious where you pick up the very first TBM task.

It can be ranked up to 3 with group progression through TBM, then to 6 by raids.
  3. kinadafz Augur

Cool. I don't own TBM yet, so next month when I buy the expansion, i'll pick up that spell.

I bought it on my war account though. I made a hotkey, clicked it, and nothing happened, huh, i'll figure it out later I said haha.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There are two Dicho's in the list, one is the placeholder for the Rank and the other is the ability. I made the same mistake when I got it. The correct one is level 101.
  5. Phrovo1 Augur

our dicho adds damage bonus (flat damage added at the end) much like Ranger Copsestalker Discipline and Empowered Blades
  6. ShadowMan Augur

This thread is false advertising I was fully expecting a thread full of monk dps jokes to make my day.
  7. Thrillho Augur

Never really thought about putting IoT in with Heel. Makes perfect sense. I guess I had always just burned these two close enough together that IoT was never up.

Here are two parses comparing them. Autoskilled flying kick only. 1155 seconds... because I hit Esc at 1155 seconds and buggered up a longer parse and I'm too lazy to do it again.
    Heel Only:
    /tell Thrillhouse Thrillhouse -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 53730098 -- DPS: 46520 -- Scaled: 46520 -- Kick: 53730098 -- Non-crit rate: 61% -- crit rate: 39% -- Attempts: 5885 -- Hits: 5679 -- Missed: 206 -- Accuracy: 96.5% -- Avg Hit: 9461 -- Max hit: 143980 -- DMG to PC: 0

Heel + IoT:
    /tell Thrillhouse Thrillhouse -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 65922890 -- DPS: 57076 -- Scaled: 57076 -- Kick: 65922890 -- Non-crit rate: 61.4% -- crit rate: 38.6% -- Attempts: 5913 -- Hits: 5739 -- Missed: 174 -- Accuracy: 97.1% -- Avg Hit: 11486 -- Max hit: 180342 -- DMG to PC: 0

Well that's embarrassing. ~23% damage increase running IoT. Yup, going to add that to the rotation for sure.

They seem OK. Experiment though, try things out. Switch it up! I would hold on putting DF in a macro though - sometimes you're going to want FDF instead. Mezzed mobs, non-assisting mobs, etc.

With the most recent change towards kicks, Heel is the champ by far. Grabbing dicho (when you can) is going to help out your parses for sure.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Phrovo1 like this.
  8. Thirtysix Chambers New Member

So I came across this thread directly related to warriors and mash keys and I'm wondering if the monk community could get together and create something similar. Please see the partial example and link below.

http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=3398.0;prev_next=prev#new

The main keyboard #'s 1-12 are as follows:

1. Get it - This is the main agro one I use on every mob I tank. It is usually the first key I hit, unless I pop Flash of Anger or am the first tank in the lineup, then I'll use Fortitude and Unbroken attention before using this key.
    -This key is linked with another hot-bar page's key with Taunt, so the first thing that fires is taunt then the rest fires after.-
    Line 1: /pause 4, /alt activate 688 - Rage of the Forsaken
    Line 2: /pause 4, /disc Cyclone Roar Rk. III - Cyclone Roar
    Line 3: /pause 4, /disc Tormenting Shout Rk. III - Tormenting Shout
    Line 4: /pause 4, /disc Phantom Aggressor Rk. III - Phantom Aggressor
    Line 5: /pause 4, /disc Roar of Challenge Rk. II - Roar of Challenge

2. Self Buffs - This key is filled with self and group buffs. If you plan to use Wade in to Battle then hit that before hitting this key as Determined Reprisal shares the same timer.
    Line 1: /alt activate 2011 - Imperator's Command - Will use Imperator's Charge instead depending on what buffs I currently have. Command will not stack with a Paladins Group Armor of the Inquisitor etc.
    Line 2: /alt activate 606 - Mark of the Mage Hunter
    Line 3: /disc Determined Reprisal Rk. III - Determined Reprisal
    Line 4: /disc Field Protector Rk. III - Field Protector
    Line 5: /disc Pain doesn't Hurt rk. III - Pain Doesn't Hurt

3. Rawr - This is my mash key. I use this on every mob I am attacking, and frequently due to the nature of refresh timers on what I have in it.
    -The key 3 is linked with another hot-bar page. When I press 3 the first thing that will fire is Cyclone Roar, then Bash and the following discs will fire and then the AA in the hotkey will fire in order:
    -The Disc Cyclone Roar is linked as well.-
    -The ability Bash is linked.-
    -The disc Throat Jab is linked as well.-
    -The disc Insult is linked as well.-
    -The disc Shield Topple is linked as well.-
    -The disc Roar of Challenge is linked as well.-
    -The disc Tormenting Shout is linked as well.-
    *The actual hotkey itself then looks like this and will fire after the previous mentioned discs fire*
    Line 1: /pause 1, /alt activate 691 - War Stomp
    Line 2: /pause 1, /alt activate 3732 - Gut Punch
    Line 3: /pause 1, /alt activate 801 - Knee Strike
    Line 4: /pause 1, /alt activate 15073 - Banestrike
    Line 5: /alt activate 552 - Call of Challenge

4. Tank me - My defensive key. Used when tanking named or multiple mobs. Will usually hit this key while Flash is on.
    Line 1: /pause 2, /disc Last Stand Discipline Rk. III - Last Stand
    Line 2: /pause 2, /alt activate 130 - Resplendent Glory
    Line 3: /pause 2, /alt activate 1686 - Brace for Impact
    Line 4: /pause 2, /alt activate 967 - Blade Guardian
    Line 5: /disc warrior's bulwark rk. III - Warrior's Bulwark

5. Def Down - Used when Defensive is down or when I need a little extra boost but need to save Defensive. *Be Sure to hit your Shield stance hotkey after defensive is down and you are still tanking
    -The key 5 is linked to another hot-bar page. When I press 5 the following Discs will fire in order followed by what I have in the hotkey itself:
    -The Disc Dichotomic Shielding is linked.
    -The Disc Pain Doesn't Hurt is Linked.
    -The Disc Wade In To Battle is linked.
    -The Disc Stout Defense is linked.
    -The Disc Field Protector is linked.
    -The Hotkey itself looks like this and will fire along with the above discs-
    Line 1: /pause 2, /alt activate 2011 - Imperator's Command
    Line 2: /pause 2, /alt activate 734 - Hold the Line
    Line 3: /pause 2, /alt activate 1402 - Third Spire of the Warlord
    Line 4: /disc Field Protector Rk. III - Field Protector
    Line 5: /useitem 24 6 - Necromantic Dragon Bone

6. Agro Now - I use this key primarily on tank switches when I'm up after I pop Fortitude. Will use this as needed to establish more agro on events that mem blur or FD or on Burn fights.
    Line 1: /pause 2, /alt activate 912 - Warlord's Fury
    Line 2: /pause 2, /alt activate 10367 - Ageless Enmity
    Line 4: /pause 2, /alt activate 3646 - Blast of Anger
    Line 4: /pause 2, /disc Insult Rk. II - Insult
    Line 5: /timer 3600, /alt activate 10367 - Rage of Rallos Zek
  9. Funk Augur

After noticing your forum name I must make a simple statement.
    If you've never seen The 36th Chamber of Shaolin you cannot consider yourself a true monk.'=)
  10. Brohg Augur

That is one dude's way of warrioring. A… how might one say… unique way, in fact. He is, by reputation, fairly successful with it, but its existence should not be taken as endorsement from any "community" of warriors.
  11. Thirtysix Chambers New Member

This is where my monk's name was derived from. That and the Wu Tang Clan =)