Monk + Bard box?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Oct 15, 2019.

1. hein Augur

I'm looking for some opinions on boxing a Monk with a Bard? Which Mercs should I go with? Is this going to be a pretty decent box for getting to 110 and getting ready for new expansion?

Bard is already 92 or 93.
  2. Buri Augur

I would't go Monk-Bard because they're both pullers. Monk has better DPS, but Bard has Crowd Control. To take on current TBL content, you're going to need a real tank, not a merc, so I'd suggest SK-Bard.
  3. Tucoh Augur

If your main is a monk, I recommend a beastlord or an SK. If your main is a bard, I recommend a warrior, sk or beastlord.

Beastlord would provide a tank + ADPS for your monk. SK would provide superior tanking and some melee synergy.

For a bard, a warrior/sk/bst provide tanking and usage of the bard's ADPS, which the beastlord giving some ADPS back to the bard. Every dozen seconds or so the beastlord's synergy will make the bard feel like he's not swinging pool noodles for 20 hits :D
  4. Cuuthbert Augur

If this is your combo, make sure you are paying attention to the monk because it will be tanking and you will most likely need 2 healer mercs. The monk can tank as long as you are hitting the proper discs and paying attention to the monk mostly. The bard can melody for you, I would make sure the bard has some songs in the line that will help with AC and mitigation. Both classes can be intensive play style to maximize their utility
  5. Boyboi Elder

Unorthodox, but doable. I duoed all of RoS with a bard friend. Monk can tank, and if monk gets in trouble, FD on the monk and let bard tank with the little immunity disc they get. It's also an incredible combo because you can go ANYWHERE...lots of box groups have trouble getting deep into zones without clearing.
  6. code-zero Augur

The monk provides the DPS that the bard lacks. Definitely have AC boosting and heal boosting songs in addition to your best Aria.

I've never been a fan of Monk tanks but if you slow and debuff with your bard and keep the music going you can make it work
    Whulfgar likes this.