Monk AAs

Discussion in 'Melee' started by sojuu, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Bighitz Augur

I rerolled from monk.. monk got mend down to 30 sec. you tank well and keep yourself alive. you should ackknowledge the value of this and therefor also understand what it means for your Dps potential. But i agree a ranger shouldn't parse over a monk on a burn, or sustained for that matter.
  2. Tanecho Augur

That's one thing to consider. Another thing to consider is that we provide zero ADPS, while both berserker and rogue add some through their DoDH discs, war cry, berserker aura, etc., all the while doing significantly higher burst damage and roughly equivalent sustained.
  3. Sarayu Journeyman

Giving +ADPS is great, sure, but the last thing I want is something more to click. Need to fix what we got before getting more, unless you're looking at ADPS for a way to not "ride the pine." Personally, I'd rather get in the raid because my dps is rocking, not because I help other people. Monks have always been a selfish class.
  4. Maereax Augur

That's all well and good, but we can't tank on raids, nor do we want to. Mend helps us survive AoEs, sure, but higher AoE survivability is a terrible reason to leave us so far behind like we are now.

And no. NO ADPS. Seriously. Stop asking for it. Go play a beastlord or a bard if that's what you want.

Edit: Also, SKs now get their FD/Fade down to 30 seconds. Monks (THE FD class) have a two minute timer on theirs.
  5. Bighitz Augur

You can also fade fast, aka endless endurance and your sustained is pretty fine this expansion. We would all like a class that is best at nuking, tanking melee dpsing and healing, but lets face it, EQ is funny because all classes aren't equal.. mend is terrific on raid, so is impen and 6 min purify body as well as 2 min fade, oh yeah and pulling techniques.....

If you don't like what your class does, you can reroll something else.. but dont expect to fight the best rogues or zerkers on either burst or sustained - why would devs ever chose to put monks up there?.. in my opinion monks are doing great for sustained now, less so on burn.
  6. Aggememnon Elder

Monks are a pure melee class, and dps is all we provide these days. Some of the points you make do nothing to assist our dps. Pulling? You are really clutching at straws now. Seriously though, you sound like an EQ version of an ex-smoker. If you are not happy with your zerk, you can always switch back to your monk! I'm sorry that rolling a zerker was not the 'I win EQ' button you had hoped for.

Monks, rogues and zerks are pure melee classes with some additional utility. In the group game maybe monks have the most, and zerks the least. For raiding, I would say that warcry is the biggest 'utility' that any of those classes bring to the table. So no, I don't think you should be the best burn and best sustained dps under every situation.
  7. sojuu Augur

When it comes down to it we just need help in dps, but in the end if that happens the other classes are going to cry were catching up. But when in all reality we really should be closer to them if not ahead of some of the ones head of us already.
  8. Brogett Augur

I agree that monks shouldn't be matching berserker and rog burst dps levels as they don't have the same hindrances (roots/blinds, rear arc only, etc), but equally so they should be ahead of hybrids who let's face it have *vastly* higher utility than any pure melee in both group and raid. Right now that simply isn't true as beastlord and ranger burn and sustained is very high.

I'm not saying that to nerf hybrids, but to draw the boundary lines: rog/ber > mnk > hybrids (with casters having a parallel and overlapping line). Whether that is for burst, sustained or both I'm not really sure. One or the other is sufficient I guess to make classes distinct yet valuable.

So I'm fully in favour of more monk dps AAs to close the gap up.
    Ishtass and Nedrom like this.
  9. Nedrom Augur

Well said Brogett, this is how I see it.
  10. Nyni New Member

I like ornamentions on my monk but would perfer to see more that leaned towards the Karate` side since that is basically what a monk's fighting style is.. /hint../hint.. /nudge /nudge
  11. trickor Journeyman

Today in Vile Oaks I grouped with my best friend whom is a monk with 7.3k AAs/ lvl 100 full raid gear t2 visables and tier 3 h2h raid weapons is his set up.. Im a main rogue, 10.2k AAs lvl 100 and recently gave away my tier 3 voa raid weaps and raid gear as EQ is boring me to exhaustion and I wanted to have some fun so went full group gear and in my head I thought I was going to suck royally at the parses.

But nope every named parse which many named popped today I won nearly every parse in group weapons with a Sticky Dagger and an Arctic Blade of Enforcing. Also let a 2nd raid geared monk nearly same gear in and the result was even more embarassing. Proves Rogues got it tuned right this expansion with Rogues Fury being extended thru AAs lasting 50 seconds now so I can use 1 burn with Frenzied and a SECOND burn with twisted on it making monks stand no chance to our dps.

Also Group weapons for monks this expansions got NO 18 delay weapons. Also rogues got 52 backstab dmg on there grp t2 dagger which is as much as VoA T3 raid domain hunters knife. Which is the reason I can outparse raid monks and berserkers in group weapons.

Im not calling for rogue nerfs its wonderful here but my friend is now rerolling because he thinks his toon is garbage. It always seems SoE has just given monks h2h weaps with superior ratio's so they could compete when they need a lot more AA wise to help.They need a serious bump of new AAs to extend crystalpalm or speedfocus or zanfi whatever they rely on to give them a boost of dps to compete. Berserkers also got ripped on group weapons / etc compared to rogues but wont go there...
  12. Sokon Augur

Sokon = My posts in blue and green.
    Tanking:
    -With all the other classes getting pulling and fade abilities can we get some tanking abilities?
    I'd rather focus us towards more dps than tanking, but I'd take it over nothing.
    I'm comfortable with tanking with my 2hander, how about more staff block.
    DPS:
    -Sucker punch- Activated AA that punches the targets it to bleed( would be a dmage over time more ranks increases duration or dmg done)
    No dots please, those can cause trouble
    Agree, no dots
    -AAs to add duration to pets from cloud of fists
    Pets are weak dps, rather focus on something else, we're not a pet class.
    I like this idea, why not.
    -Passive ability that would have a chance to put us into a killing spree with crit hits. 3 ranks each adding 1% chancw
    Doesn't make sense for a killing spree
    I'd like to see better dmg on killing spree and a longer buff.
    -Ranks to increase damage on destructive force AA
    Helps our solo exp, or tanking to get aggro. Wouldn't be opposed to this, as it's pretty weak now.
    I'd like to see this
    -Passive abilities to increase h2h dmg
    Yes
    Always
    -More fist of fury ranks
    Yes
    Yep
    -5 point palms give it a chance to kill light blue and lower mobs instantly
    Would rather have a better mechanic for a monk HS
    I like this idea. We have a lot less AA than many other classes. if its an ability within the realm of what a monk should be able to do, lets ask for it. This shouldn't be a "dont get this cause then we won't get that attitude"
    -More haste five point palm ranks
    This is focusing on a weak form of our dps, so rather focus somewhere else
    Who cares, again we have many less AA than other classes, its not focusing on anything, its simply adding to the list. Let's ask for it.
    -Allow multiple monks to have Five point palm on a mob at once
    Little gain for the coding it would take
    Those guys went to college for years to evfentually land a job where they would code all day, let them suck it up.
    -Pressure points- more ranks apply dmg bonuses to H2H attacks
    Yes
    Word

Pulling:
    -Reverse Coth- After years of meditating monks have found a way to pull their spirit and body to a fellow group member.
    Interesting idea
    agree. Ending here with my feedback on these ideas, so I can provide some of my own.

Mending Fists - passive ability. when you use the mend skill while above 90% health all of your dmg is increased by 15% for 2 ticks. This is a fix to our raid burn dps not being up to par with other classes, leaves room for upgrade in the percentages and does not increase our dps when we are tanking(ie when we are relying on mend)

Body Control - passive ability - you can no longer be summoned by enemy attackers. Our range dps sucks, why should mobs be summoning us, when we are just going to fd anyways.

Further reduction to stunning kick reuse OR chance for stunning kick to auto refresh upon use.

Riposting Flurry - chance to unleash a flurry of attacks upon a successful riposte. These attacks will all be additional to double attacks.

Riposte mastery - damage an attacker upon any sucessful dodge, block or otherwise avoidance skill.

These that I have added are only a few ideas I have had recently. Over the years I have not been happy with the way the monk community has gona bout AA discussion. In my opinion we should compile a large enough list as possible so that the devs have something to work with, so we actually get some cool AA's.

It is important to point out that stuff like purify on mend would mess up encounters, but I have seen many other ideas shot down for no good reason, simply with the mindset of , "dont ask for that, cause then if we get that mediocre thing we won't get more DPS!" Its just stupid, we should be asking for as much as possible, making as long of a list as possible(of abilities that make sense) and then let the devs go from there.

But alas, each expansion we have a short list. Welcome to the short bus.

Cred to the op.