Monk AAs

Discussion in 'Melee' started by sojuu, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sojuu Augur

So with the new forums I wanted to bring all the monk AA ideas from the old forums over here. So when the beta AA chat happens we could still have a list of stuff. I did catagorize them into areas though. And brought them all even if I thought they were good or bad ideas, if I missed any on accident feel free to readd it. Well here is the list from the old forums:

Tanking:
    - With all the other classes getting pulling and fade abilities can we get some tanking abilities?

DPS:
    - Sucker punch- Activated AA that punches the targets nose causing it to bleed( would be a dmage over time more ranks increases duration or dmg done)
    - AAs to add duration to pets from cloud of fists
    - Passive ability that would have a chance to put us into a killing spree with crit hits. 3 ranks each adding 1% chancw
    - Ranks to increase damage on destructive force AA
    - Passive abilities to increase h2h dmg
    - More fist of fury ranks
    - 5 point palms give it a chance to kill light blue and lower mobs instantly
    - More haste five point palm ranks
    - Allow multiple monks to have Five point palm on a mob at once
    - Pressure points- more ranks apply dmg bonuses to H2H attacks

Pulling:
    - Reverse Coth- After years of meditating monks have found a way to pull their spirit and body to a fellow group member.
    - Ranks to reduce timer on moving mountains
    - Ranks to reduce Imitate Death to 30 seconds or better yet instant to put us on par with bards again.
    - Unforgettable chant- this would be clicked ability that has us chant words over and over in a mobs mind providing longer pulls keeping pull agro locked on us and unable to outrun it without using Imitate death to loose it
    Miscellaneous:
    - Activated AA sort of like dreamwalk but upgraded version to be of bardspeed.
    - Spire Upgrades
    - Hasten Blink
    - Silent Blink- blink doesn’t break invis
    - Add an AA that gives a chance to purify body on mend or just add a purify body component to mend
    - Triggered AA that lets us bypass DMG shields completely for a short time
    - Triggered AA that allows us to ignore AOE raid mob attacks for a short time
    - Mend other- we can mend a companion
    - Speed kills- passive AA that gives us innate haste for when we don’t have the buff yet
    - Leg sweep- activate sharing stunning kick timer- knocks mob to the ground(short duration stun and lowers mobs AC/ATK humanoid only)
    - Dance of Wu- AE stun- you perform a dazzling martial arts display that distracts you enemies.
    - Zan Fi can be group activated for ADPS
  2. Sarshish New Member

Please drop this already. This will just make mend useless on many raids that have effects that DT or AE FD when cured. Hastened purify is all we need.
  3. sojuu Augur

Just took all ideas from other forums and put them in a list here. I do agree we only need more ranks in hasten purify. But as I stated in the begining of the post, I was transfering all ideas even if I agreed or disagreed with adding it.
  4. sojuu Augur

I would post on monkly business about this, but I dont have permission to post because its a new account. Even though the account is actually kind of old, but was never granted permission to post nor know how to get permission, since i cant PM anyone either.

So is anyone heading up getting the AA chat organized so its not a free for all and we can actually get some ideas across instead of mass chaos?
  5. Nedrom Augur

I'm working on getting your access fixed.
  6. Nedrom Augur

I checked and it says we're waiting on you to confirm your email Sojuu, please check ur email and your junk/spam folders for the email verification.
  7. sojuu Augur

Checked the email and even did a search for monkly and nothing came up in inbox or spam. So changed my email on the site, sent me a new verfication email. Clicked link and now says waiting on someone to approve my access. Hope it works this time, thanx again :)
  8. Ishtass Augur

My 2c on the list thus far:

Tanking:
    -With all the other classes getting pulling and fade abilities can we get some tanking abilities?
    I'd rather focus us towards more dps than tanking, but I'd take it over nothing.
    DPS:
    -Sucker punch- Activated AA that punches the targets nose causing it to bleed( would be a dmage over time more ranks increases duration or dmg done)
    No dots please, those can cause trouble
    -AAs to add duration to pets from cloud of fists
    Pets are weak dps, rather focus on something else, we're not a pet class.
    -Passive ability that would have a chance to put us into a killing spree with crit hits. 3 ranks each adding 1% chancw
    Doesn't make sense for a killing spree
    -Ranks to increase damage on destructive force AA
    Helps our solo exp, or tanking to get aggro. Wouldn't be opposed to this, as it's pretty weak now.
    -Passive abilities to increase h2h dmg
    Yes
    -More fist of fury ranks
    Yes
    -5 point palms give it a chance to kill light blue and lower mobs instantly
    Would rather have a better mechanic for a monk HS
    -More haste five point palm ranks
    This is focusing on a weak form of our dps, so rather focus somewhere else
    -Allow multiple monks to have Five point palm on a mob at once
    Little gain for the coding it would take
    -Pressure points- more ranks apply dmg bonuses to H2H attacks
    Yes

Pulling:
    -Reverse Coth- After years of meditating monks have found a way to pull their spirit and body to a fellow group member.
    Interesting idea
    -Ranks to reduce timer on moving mountains
    Maybe a little, it's pretty quick already and I don't find myself needing it again so soon.
    -Ranks to reduce Imitate Death to 30 seconds or better yet instant to put us on par with bards again.
    YES. Good lord. Bards can instantly re-fade, SK's are faster than us. Why are monks, the primary FD class, behind the curve on dropping aggro? Please consider this one.
    -Unforgettable chant- this would be clicked ability that has us chant words over and over in a mobs mind providing longer pulls keeping pull agro locked on us and unable to outrun it without using Imitate death to loose it
    ?
    Miscellaneous:
    -Activated AA sort of like dreamwalk but upgraded version to be of bardspeed.
    Not needed
    -Spire Upgrades
    Sure
    -Hasten Blink
    Not needed. It's not a useful ability most of the time.
    -Silent Blink- blink doesn’t break invis
    If I used blink more I'd care about this.
    -Add an AA that gives a chance to purify body on mend or just add a purify body component to mend
    As stated before, this is a really bad idea. Keep them separate, and greatly reduce the reuse on purify please.
    -Triggered AA that lets us bypass DMG shields completely for a short time
    Other classes should be dispelling them.
    -Triggered AA that allows us to ignore AOE raid mob attacks for a short time
    Let's not dumb down raid mechanics with things like this
    -Mend other- we can mend a companion
    I don't want us to become a heal class. I wouldn't mind if bind wound was upgraded to actually be a little more useful though, for times in a pinch while I'm watching someone bleed to death, which is a little frustrating that I can't help.
    -Speed kills- passive AA that gives us innate haste for when we don’t have the buff yet
    FoF pretty much does this too. Buy some haste pots or get a clickie.
    -Leg sweep- activate sharing stunning kick timer- knocks mob to the ground(short duration stun and lowers mobs AC/ATK humanoid only)
    who would use stunning kick then? We don't want to have another debuff on something we need for dps, to share debuff slots with on raids. We need to focus on becoming more of a dps role than a non-existent utility role.
    -Dance of Wu- AE stun- you perform a dazzling martial arts display that distracts you enemies.
    AE stun or mez? We have a mez already, and an AE stun sounds like it'd cause problems.
    -Zan Fi can be group activated for ADPS
    I don't want to help others out parse me

So I know some of these responses seemed a little critical, but that's the point. Thanks for posting ideas for us to critique.
  9. Tanecho Augur

We really, really don't need more buttons to hit. I'd like to see changes to our existing ones. Just some suggestions off the top of my head.

Infusion of Thunder - it got a smaller increase last expansion than the previous one, and at a time where we could have really used the damage. I'd like to see another rank taking it to +100% min dmg / + 100% dmg
    Zan Fi - more ranks
    Fists of Steel - more ranks, consider adding a FK damage modifier like drunken monkey to the proc effect
    5 point palm - with debuff limitations and not being able to stack it with other monks, I'd like to see this somehow changed... maybe into something that does damage near the level of Crane Kick, but it has a 3-4 second cast time, 5 minute cooldown.
    Technique of Master Wu - any way to get higher ranks to increase chance of flying kicks on the chain instead of our much weaker other strikes?

Hastened Purify
    Hastened Imitate Death
    Hastened Destructive Force
    1 more second off Stunning Kick
    1 more rank to critical mend
  10. Ishtass Augur

Agreed, although then this made me laugh a little...
    Maybe increase dmg and not decrease delay.
  11. sojuu Augur

One reason I really want reduced timers on moving mountains is on raids for kiting. Were not exactly SK strong in numbers and especially not bard strong in numbers. So when the SKs and Pallies are kiting I can use Moving Mountains to bring in a mob since alot of times I'm also the MA. Then hit fd and the mob lands on me tanks pick it up before it runs back out. Reduced timer ranks in MM would help ALOT in doing this.
  12. Savager Augur

I agree with everything Ishtass and Tanecho said
  13. Xarlox New Member

DPS

Everything else is fluff. We have fallen so far behind as a parent class that it's ridiculous. I came back from a 5 year hiatus and was saddened to see we have become sub par DPS playing whackamole to even be respectable.

It's embarrassing.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  14. Nedrom Augur

Access granted!
  15. Trazz New Member

Personally I like my monk. Been playing him since 1999... If I could change anything in game or add, it would be to add STR, ATK and AGI to a group, heroic style.

Strength, I mean a great deal so we have the ability to hit mobs much harder for greater DPS, in and out of group.

Attack, DPS bonus.

Agility, to avoid secondary incoming melee attacks like rampage and flurry. Also a bonus for pulling mobs to a raid.

Something similar to Masters Aura - if not modify this aura for this.

Also some kind of group bonus for this aura. Full group grants more stats, etc.. Or even raid bonus.

Something that would make a Monk worth having in a group other than pulling. Lots of other classes can do this currently.

/shrug

Trazz
  16. Trazz New Member

Also.. Get rid of all weapon ornamentation on H2H.

Bare hands, or auras on our hands is all a monk should have.. I mean seriously!
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  17. sojuu Augur

I wouldnt say get rid of it, some people are into that sorta thing. Personally I think the time could be better spent elsewhere, but at the same time got to look at things from all sides and remember they are making the game for people who like things like that too. So to keep them interested gotta have h2h ornamentations.
  18. Khoza Augur

Sounds like the Kranigans Fist ornament is right for you! (I like it, too.)
    Pic, per Allas: http://zam.zamimg.com/images/a/1/a1aa9ad62d50bedfd5d5fc05274b0893.jpg
    Gives the idea of bare-fists, (and it IS bare fists, if you turn your particles off) while leaving something flashy for your group-mates to see and be jealous over, so they can go roll a monk, and you can lecture them on how to play it. And more pawns join our ranks... er... Ignore that last part!
    NickDanger likes this.
  19. Trazz New Member

We went 50 levels with bare hands. The last 50 should have stayed the same.. IMHO...

The two hand staff from PoTime (SoT) was one of the best ever made.. /hatsoff
  20. Sarayu Journeyman

I really don't care what you do or how you fix it, but monk dps needs a boost, and you've (Devs) have acknowledged for about a year and a half that it does.

My max dps with perfect technique is a rogue/zerker/bst/ranger's not caring at all dps. Maybe consider making drunken monkey able to reapply mid-disc for higher sustained. Maybe just an across the board +dps hit, because we're hurting to the point where monk is least populated dps class in the game, and all of the great players who play monks are saying I give up, at least if I reroll ranger I'll have dps.

Hastened Speed Focus is nice, sure. But that does 0 to help me parse higher than my competition, because I always those timers up before a raid mob. Just don't act like that's our bone you're throwing us.