<Monastery> - Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Blueblue, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Blueblue New Member

Monastery is a casual, family-oriented, Christian guild. We have gotten the reputation of being a religious "only" guild and I want to debunk that. Personal beliefs are not a requirement for membership. The Christian aspect of <Monastery> is an expression of its leader, myself. Its no different than anything else I do in life, I invite Christ into it and do my best to follow Him. Though, asking people to change their religious views or own beliefs to even join is a bit ridiculous, and was never the case for membership from the start. However, it is on purpose that the recruitment messages state we are Christian, because if simply stating that we are has you running for the hills its probably not a good fit anyway.

I've had friends of members be hesitant to join because they perceived guild chat to be very religious and bible-oriented. I honestly can't remember the last time guild chat turned religious. Most topics on Christianity are done through tells with a lot of hesitancy and that teaches me something. People are afraid to reach out, or ask vulnerable questions, and that's what Monastery offers, a place where people can reach out, and find a helping hand or non-judgmental response to authentic questions.

What we do is mostly behind the scenes - meaning the people this guild has effected might not even be playing EQ anymore, or found strength here and used it to better their personal life. I think simply having a presence is important. If creating good relationships during a recreational activity only enhances it, why not do it? Its quite clear that most people play EQ due to some disability, life-style arrangement, and I want to salute the U.S. veterans this game brings in. The last thing needed is a toxic environment when we're trying to relax or get our minds off a situation that is already dysfunctional in the first place.

For my information please just contact a member, its open recruitment right now so any member can /guildinvite another.
    Nagrom likes this.
  2. Nagrom New Member

I can confirm. Good guild, friendly, helpful. Nothing overbearing at all.

As noted, Guild chat is not religious. To me, it is just a place with good folks playing a game and trying to do so without some of the toxicity you could potentially encounter elsewhere.

This guild really suits my casual play style, as well, since I can't commit to hours of hardcore raiding. Recommended.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I just transferred to FV last night. What a server, wish I went to it years ago. But anyway, I'm in need of a new guild. Due to my work I'm more into progression than raiding ATM. During the week. My playing hours are from about 12:30 AM to about 4:00 AM central time. I'm a 110 magician and played since 2002. What I'm looking for is people to group with for progression and just for fun.