Moloing Monk group rare spawns

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sokon, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Sokon Augur

My monk's been hiatus for 2 years and had not completed anything in the game past EoK, but after returning I wanted to make a post on the disc lineup I use to molo(as I mostly play solo at the moment) group named throughout the game.

FIrst I turn on my personal tribute, trophy and guild tributes, and put in a Cliff Stone power source. I start off by clicking all my stuff that includes: blood drinkers coating, flower(additional life healed), heal potion clickies(binding leaf/urn), circle of power, eagles balance, ton pos stance, fabled golem clay, dichtomic/dissident form etc etc etc, anything that will stack and or has a cast time you don't want to be clicking during the fight.

Pull the mob with Terrors Juju, or since juju has a long duration you can cast it then imitate death then use echo to mez pull if adds are close to the named, And I will do this, apply juju first before rapidly clicking all the stuff above.

All of these effects are used to stack with the first opening disc: Counterstrike

As soon as counterstrike effect procs on the mob and holds I click off the ability(as this is your highest chance of dying on the named) and click impenetreble.

Before impen fades I click infusion of thunder, Spire, epic 2.0 and destructive force if ton pos has faded.

Then it's time for Heel of Zag. I time my mend to use it during Heel, also right after mending I hit Five point Palm and Heron Stance, and then once my hit points drop low again I will hit shaded step before dying, before shaded step fades it's time for a regular heal potion and defer/delay/deny death activation.

With this combination I am able to kill most named(up through Burning Lands) during the heel of Zag disc without having to pop another disc.

Note: my monk is level 112(max AA for that level) and is mostly just full eok raid gear with less than 30 luck. Lot of work to do gear/AA/augment/achievement wise after returning from a 2 year break but as far as a lineup to use on named going forward I find this to be the best.
    DijonCyanide likes this.
  2. Sokon Augur

Again using this method, the most crucial point where you might die is usually during counterstrike proccing, or towards the end after you have used mend shaded step and mend again during Heel disc. I've found this roughly to be successful 50% of the time on all RoS and Burning Lands named, 95%+ successful if using a dragon glyph since you can get them off the loyalty vendor for cheap. So if you have 5 k loyalty thats like 20 named you can kill.