Molo leving path tips for new players effective but reccomended for second or third character.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Questoften32, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Questoften32 Augur

Molo leveling path tips for new players effective stratagem:

1-20 do reach quests.

20-40 hotzones.

40-50 great divide.

50-55 A. Caverns on lucian.

55-60 Plane of justice basement.

Good junk drops quick and easy loop.

Things not to do:
    Ignore serpents spine, save for special quests, like charm aug and the mesa armor quests for people not on a free trade server.

The effort, time, reward xp gain ratio is not worth it in serpents spine, don't bother with the cowardly giants there. They are not the mountains giants or divide giants and not worth the bother.

You want mobs that don't run for 60-70....memphits are your friends. your only viable option and good plat junk drops. Ignore all else.

Ignore underbog save for aug quest if desired. Slipgears gem for charm. Exploration quick and easy if invisible, but still must be careful its a raid zone.

..................................for special vie people:
    You want yitrum studied gear if you can get it on free trade, and great augs, and a great weapon.

You can trade it between all of your characters no class, level or race req. 4-6 kronos and your set, accessory/weapon list available on request.

Will speed 1-60 as if you were being power leveled, I recommend keeping the 25% potion active it last 4 hours.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Two things:

1 - Grats for making the longest thread name ever on this board. And pretty much incomprehensible, to boot :)

2 - "Things not to do: Ignore serpents spine" So, make sure to go to Serpent's Spine?
  3. Questoften32 Augur

You know what I meant...or maybe you don't.

It's pretty obvious if you don't think like a early robot/program needing things to be formatted perfectly for you, least you skip of your tract.

A little thought of logical context would be all you need, its not an essay. The structure dose not matter.

Just a basic list of areas that are easy and fast for merc/solo. With good effort/xp ratio.

Fun facts that speak to this in a round about way:

Incidentally, that is actually a test I have been known to give people for my own amusement and personal curiosity: read this handwritten paper, written in cursive...tell me the meaning and logical context disregarding structure.

If they cant do it or struggle to do so, it tells me much about them.

Another is look at this video and tell me this persons, occupation, usually, priest, teacher, or salesman, by the way they conduct themselves. Tell me there background by manner of speaking.

Or there ethnic/social background, or orientation by the genetic and sociological evidence in in the voice sample.

Its a test of perception and reveals elements of personalty and can be answered correctly with approximately 85% accessory by some types and the test is failed consistently by another type of person.

I have thus far mostly always been able to predict what the results would be after a 60 min chat with a person.

I have found base IQ is not the main factor. Instead common traits seem to be discernment and a strong aesthetic sense, a sense of unique individuality a strong self image, creativity and artistic nature.

Low physical dexterity and a commonalty in entertainment taste/films/music even pet preferences are apparent as well, if not the exacting tthings a common theme almost as if connected through some form of collective unconscious.

As for pet preferences, Its cats/tropical fish should you wonder, but this is not always so. The other mostly chooses dogs.

Such mostly are concerned inordinately, by what other people think of them. They are poor debaters because they are prone to parroting inane, commonalities with no understanding of proper context.

They are often reduced to sarcasm and are by and large reactionary.

They are also mechanically literal and cant tell a subtle joke because they have no such distentions. In other words no fun at parties.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"You know what I meant...or maybe you don't."

I wasn't sure you knew what you meant ;)
    Drusi and svann like this.
  5. Drusi Augur

I wish my English was better so I could understand OP better :)

You meant well.

Still your post could have benefited from some spell checking and grammar checking. Memphits(sic) really grated on my EQ soul.

It reads like chalk on the blackboard.

For shorter posts it is normal to make mistakes but for longer informative posts it would make sense to read over what you wrote.

As Hemingway said "The first draft is always sh..."
  6. Questoften32 Augur

That is what you get for trying to give a basic leveling path to a bunch of new age ocd people.

No good deed goes unpunished. I know what I mean, I just don't know what you are. This is not hostility but truth.

I hope to all the gods that ever were, I never really will gain a personal understanding of such minds, beyond the technical aspect.

You know what?

If that is the way you feel that is fine. Have fun playing, the rudeness is just a turn off. Bye, bye.
  7. kinadafz Augur

If English is your 2nd language, then all good.

But, if it is your first, and you are trying to argue that some random path of information is somehow a test to identify what kind of person you are dealing with, well, that doesn't belong here.

Bottom line is your post could be good if anyone could read it. Again, if English is 2nd (or even 3rd) language, then no issues, all sorts of things gets lost in translation. But, if it isn't, then you have some work to do.

"New age ocd people" - no clue what this means.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

here is a guild about leveling with a tank merc

EQ 1 - 50 Walkthrough
    These are the easiest levels to do, you'll breeze right on through them as long as you are Gold and pick a tank merc. That being said, make sure you are gold and pick a tank merc. The tank merc will pretty much gobble up all of the mobs during this level range and make things easy as pie.
    http://almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/guide/1-50.cfm

or not Molo and grab a 2nd real person and have them pop a healer merc and your lower your down time mending the tank merc.
  9. High Voltage Augur

First I lol'd, now actually I am afraid a new player might read this and think it's the way to go. Sorry, but almost all of this is awful advice.
    For 1-60 you need no gear, just a J1 wizzy merc. Way higher dps than tank and aoe-aggro ability. No heals needed. And you do all this in just four zones, which may vary depending on personal taste. Tutorial - Crescent Reach - Blightfire Moors - Blackfeather Roost - PoK
  10. Lizzarn_01 Journeyman

40-70 - the hole
    70+ splitpaw
    ~80+ fort mech
    ~85+ gyrospire beza
    90+ gyrospire zeka/Kaesora Library(albeit a little more dangerous but rewarding)
    95+ The grounds

Lots of different paths, but this is by far the easiest. Do not leave an area until most are green. I was able to kill the entire zone in beza and zeka before a respawn. If you're killing 50% greens that is still a ton of xp, and the loot is great. Keep in mind not all classes can do this. In fact, I'd say only a monk, SK and pally could hope to wipe the zone out in less than 23 minutes.

I really try not to molo because you lose 50% xp. Fight weaker content and you get more xp over time. And its just fun to kill an enemy in 5 seconds. Can't do that with blues and higher light blues.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

High Voltage:
    "And you do all this in just four zones, which may vary depending on personal taste. Tutorial - Crescent Reach - Blightfire Moors - Blackfeather Roost - PoK"

You're forgetting OP's main guideline: "Things not to do: Ignore serpents spine".

Or wait, you're following his advice... but... oh, who knows? :)

Lizzarn:
    "I really try not to molo because you lose 50% xp"

This definitely misses one point, and quite possibly a second. First, if you kill twice as fast moloing, you're losing nothing. If you're killing more than twice as fast, then you're ahead moloing. Second, I think you may be only losing 40% XP moloing, so you only have to kill 66% faster to get the same XP as soloing. There's a 20% bonus for each new member of the group, so a two person group gets 120% XP, divided by 2 is 60% XP each.

There's been disagreement over statements made a few years back. The way I read it, mercs still give the 20% bonus XP per additional group member, and real players give more than that. Some people read it as real players give the 20% bonus per player, with mercs giving less. Either way, fighting with a merc loses you less than 50% of the XP.

Remember, XP/mob is not the goal. XP/time is the benchmark.

Tat
  12. Scorrpio Augur

And you don't "lose" that xp. It accumulates as merc AA. And once you get to high levels, you want your merc to have LOTS of invested AA.
    Annastasya likes this.
  13. Treiln Augur

1-15 Crescent Reach
    15-20 Rats/Gnolls Blighfire
    20-25 Trees Blightfire
    25-30 Moonrats Blightfire
    30-35 Bees Blightfire
    35-40 More Bees Blightfire or Stone Hive
    40-50 Mesa (if you need armor)
    50-60 The Hole
    61+ PoFire
    70 Splitpaw

Quickest route. Load up on 1-15 spells (if applicable). Then load up 15-25. Then 25-35. Etc etc.

Smallest amount or travel, and best bang for your buck in my experience. But I'm not worried about someone dinging 60, 45 minutes before me either. Getting to level 105, 3 weeks before me. Then I may worry about my leveling choices
  14. Larkin Lorekeeper

15. Questoften32 Augur

If you cant read it then I don't know what to tell yo that is just pretty damn odd. Its of course proofread but I am a published non fiction writer, not self published mind you. The book was moderately successful.

I have also placed 16 short fantasy/horror short stories over the years.

I am at such as loss as to why you cant understand a numbered list, that I am reduced to speaking of eccentricities and analysis. Yet you are right that has no place here.

Number list:

Molo leveling path tips for new players effective stratagem:

1-20 do reach quests.

20-40 hotzones.

40-50 great divide.

50-55 A. Caverns on lucian.

55-60 Plane of justice basement.
    ......................................................................................

Avoid the mesa in serpents spine at level.

*Makes crude shooing away gestures known generally to humankind*.

* shakes head in negative* *shouts: you no go there!*

Do you understand that better?

This is pretty easy to understand. its a simple abbreviated list

And over all it is the best for Soloing with a merc.

Merc is and abbreviation for Mercenary btw.

Btw is widely known to mean ''by the way''.

Mesa content is more difficult with less xp gains for the time one would put into it. This is also dependent on the class.

They run and pull at low health hard for a melee class even with a merc at low levels.

For 60-70 soling Memphits ''little blue devil creatures, in certain 70 content and found on plane of nightmares'' are the best, they do not run at low health, are easily killed, and drop diamonds of all kinds.

These to be sold by the new player.

So do plane of justice mobs, and they drop other valuable vendor trash besides.

I have not even had my coffee and smoke yet, god help me if the spelling and grammar gets wind of a misspelling.

It sometimes make me feel like pulling a ''Burke Dennings'' from the exorcist..With the offending poster as a stand in for ''Karl''.
  16. Questoften32 Augur

*Sigh* edit timer....

Reasoning:
    Mesa content is more difficult with less xp gains for the time one would put into it. This is also dependent on the class. If the new player dies repeatedly solo by pulling 6 giants.

It can be a real turn off if they don't box.

The S.spine is a main leveling path, that is probably making less than old school players, go back to ''warcraft''.

They don't give as much xp for time as older zones. Reach and blightfire is ok though. As is some of the latter areas.

The giants run and pull at low health and are hard for a melee class even with a merc at low levels. If said player is not in a group or boxing.

Best wait for Divide giants and plat giving, mountainous ones.

The divide is also a alternating hot zone.

Note:
    With no twink gear don't skip mesa altogether, don't expect over 1 or 2 levels of xp for doing it even with potion..but at 45 do the armor quest from the scout near the zone in from moors, to get a class specific set.

It has good attack, even if less in other areas, its just kill animals and loot. Good for your banestrike too, so worth doing.
    ..........................................................................................................................................
    For 60-70 soling Memphits ''little blue devil creatures, in certain 70 content and found on plane of nightmares'' are the best, they do not run at low health, are easily killed, and drop diamonds of all kinds.

These to be sold by the new player.
    ................................................................................................................................................
    Plane of justice mobs, drop diamonds and other valuable vendor trash besides.
    .............................................................................................................................................

A cavern grimmlings are widely known to drop tons of runes, bricks of ore, trash weapons and other stuff...so if you let it stack and fill up your bags, you can make 10k plat from 50-55 with little difficulty.

Only one type of weapon has plat sell value though the rest are not worth bag space, nor some of the other trash unless you let it stack to max.

Grimmlings, They do run, at low health but are weak, with a healer merc and dps class, a few tricks if needed, it should be no problem. At this level its ok.
  17. Larsupial Journeyman

I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany!
    Sely likes this.
  18. Questoften32 Augur

I like you. :)
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

TSS or not TSS was a question raised after the OP.
    TSS was the last expansion to cater for really new players, with a new starting city, new race/class combinations and an intended leveling-path from 1 to (then-max-level) 70 or 75, whatever it was in AG.
    So TSS gives one a clearly defined ("go north") leveling path.
    But on the other hand:
    Mobs were considerably harder than "older" mobs at the same level (poisonous snakes for example),
    which had been "justified" with new available gear (that didn't really cover the additional DPS though).
    Needless to say, i am on the "avoid TSS" side.
    (in case anyone wonders: yes i have tried that route with a 2box-team of "new" characters and their mercenaries and have hit a wall at around level 40 that made me go back to my original leveling path).

Generally, old-world zones are much easier and make for much faster leveling, even if XP per kill might be less.
    There is really only ONE rule that holds up no matter how exactly you realise your leveling:
    Look for dark-blue mobs, the older the zone is the better it will be.

Speaking about details:
    The OP said it's about solo/molo.
    But i still think the level range for PoJustice is very much pushing it, given that PoJ is a T1 PoP zone.
    Even in basement mobs are not that much "better" than above in the cells.
    But the repop time is almost perfect for a character of the level range, indeed.

If it's about a "2nd or 3rd character", but NOT a box, then i would definitely spend levels 1-10 at least in the tutorial for quick and easy XP as well as some basic gear and initial coin (from bows, bags etc)

After that, i would go to "original" zones like Crushbone or commonlands/nek forest/lavastorm.
    Personally i lean towards Faydwer, since the traveling distances are shorter than elsewhere.
    But commonlands and surrounding areas are "ok" too, with vendors in zone and good pullspots and zonelines to run to in a pinch.

Paludal (followed by Echo) was GREAT at those levels, but solo/molo one has to give it a few additional levels.
    For the 30s and 40s, Gunthak and Dulak were great, provided you know the zones and know where to pull and where rather not (especially when solo).
    But mistmoore/unrest weren't too bad either (even though especially the latter is quite a bit out of the way).

As soon as i hit level 46 though, i am in PoDisease.
    Depending on the "support" i have (or do not have), i choose the appropriate area for single-pulls or constant auto-agro.
    If one has support or can CC them, the puslings will carry a character quite a ways even.
    From there on, it's the "classic" PoP route for me, with Crypt of Decay and PoFire, perhaps some BoT in between.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  20. svann Augur

Im honestly starting to believe that young folks are forking a new language off of English and we no longer speak the same language. Incomprehensible.
    kinadafz, Questoften32 and Drusi like this.