Mobs completely ignoring Merc tank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chunk, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Chunk Elder

Mobs in OT, tigers and cactus, in particular, completely ignore my merc tank. Is this by design or a bug?
  2. Mortium Elder

By the fact of you are a zerker more likely. I have the same issue, but not when in a group with a player tank.
  3. Tolzol Augur

Yea pretty much what Mortium said. A tank merc is not going to keep aggro from a zerker unless your just autoattacking. Hell a real tank has trouble keeping aggro from me in group game. But pretty much can’t use a tank merc and have to play smart as a zerker to not get aggro unless you can handle getting beat on.
  4. svann Augur

This is a problem in OT, reported early on in beta. My merc couldnt hold agro against me - a bard. Its like his agro is capped at something very low.
  5. Vanrau Augur

Playing my cleric I pull with a low level dispell, those same mobs completely ignore the merc tank. The merc tank won't even engage them. Unchecking auto assist and manually telling the merc tank to assist doesn't do anything either. The mob just beats on me until I'm dead. Merc just stands there and watches me.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Tolzol Augur

Oh my bad lol he didn’t specifically say it just stood there and watches i figured he meant it just wasn’t holding aggro which is why i chimed in about zerkers. Putting it that way yes that sounds like a bug.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Had the same problem with a shaman his tank merc won't engage at all when mob is pulled.
  8. Scila Augur

It's not specific to the new zones ... I have to flip puller off/on/off etc to get it to engage
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We had an enchanter who charmed a pet in OT last night so its not just mercs, his charmed pet would not engage mobs either (this was a cactus)

Intended nerf to charmed pets and mercs or bug?
  10. Axxius Augur

This is an issue specific to OT and it has nothing to do with the amount of aggro generated by the dps. I can confirm this happening with my tank merc as well: the merc constantly loses aggro. Completely. It resets to zero. I can see the merc's aggro number in the group window simply disappearing every 1-2 sec.

It happens against the sabertooth cats and cactus mobs. I haven't seen it happen with any other mobs yet, although I haven't played with that merc much. But the other types of mobs in OT don't do it, and it doesn't happen in Skyfire or Gorowyn either.
    svann likes this.
  11. Scila Augur

Same thing happens in Lceam ..............
  12. Drakang Augur

Are you level 110? Noticed that when I leveled up so did my merc. But they can loose their weapons. Tank hitting for trivial damage with fists. Rogue has weapons. Clerics loose their weapon and shield.
  13. fransisco Augur

This happens to me when charming in OT with the 107 charm spell. Mob won't attack (but it gets on the extended target window even though charm doens't break)