Mob appearance changing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shanarias, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Shanarias Augur

Since the 64 bit changeover, I have been noticing that some mobs are starting to look different.I was in Dulak, and the Troll Zombies look radically different, and so do some other NPCs. I just hope they don't change too much, too fast.
  2. Duder Augur

Could you describe the differences or possibly post screenshots?
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the 64bit update fixed some of the skin-texture streaming issues, so that we more often see the higher-resolution versions. I consider it a bug-fix. :)

Is that what you are talking about?
    Vumad likes this.
  4. Shanarias Augur

Pretty much. I was playing with an alt last night in Surefall Glade, and when I went in to where the Ranger stuff was, the NPCs were the ORIGINAL models!. I do not take drugs, so now I am unsure what is happening.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Did you disable Luclin models? They had reverted classic zones on live from newer models to the older ones years ago, I can't think of anything posted they would have changed since 64-bit.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The only reason to enable luclin models is to see hero forge. Oneday when they do character models if there able im hoping they dont breath so heavy always looks like there out of breath.
  7. Shillingworth Augur

That was a really long time ago. I remember the start of that as fixing the skeletons models. Something about how the game was supposed to load the different variations all along but somehow it got stuck on only loading the most recent variation of a given model. I remember it as fixing the skeleton models because it was most noticeable with skeletons where the newer models were significantly different from the original models. Sadly it also reverted all the wildlife, those older wolf models are so damn derpy in how they attack compared to the newer variants of that model.
  8. Shanarias Augur

I did not change any settings, and when I "Throned" later, everything and everyone looked as usual.