(MNK) Delay Death question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Raptorjesus5, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'm not understanding the description for this ability. I tried clicking it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I missing? Can someone please explain what it does in lay terms and the best circumstances to use it?
  2. Nedrom Augur

It won't do anything if you are full health. Only use this when low health or near death.

If you want to test it to see how it works, find a mob that can take your hitpoints down but not kill you completely. When you're about to die, hit delay death and watch the magic.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

"This is a passive ability. It does not need to be activated."

"This ability increases how far below zero your hit points can fall before you die by [X] . . ."

Delay Death allows for an HP buffer below 0 HP. For example, a person has 100 HP. They get hit for 125. Normally, they would die. With one rank of Delay Death, the person would not die until -50 HP.
  4. Gragas Augur

Purple club more room for bleeding to death.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

So basically just click it if you think your about to die. Do mobs stop attacking you when you get knocked out (negative hp but not dead)?

I'm not seeing anywhere that it's passive?
  6. Gladare Augur

I guess I shouldn't comment in the monk section.
  7. Lighteningrod Augur

It's the first sentence of the description in the AA Window.

Unless you're referring to the discipline Tome of Delay Death which is an activated low HP percentage based heal over time.

Delay Death:
    1: 100% Chance to trigger: Delay Death Effect

Delay Death Effect:
    1: Negative HP Limit (10700)
    2: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 856 per tick
    3: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 1712 per tick
    4: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 2568 per tick

Slot 1 allows your HP to drop to -10700 HP (similar to the passive AA). Slots 2, 3, & 4 are the amount of the heal over time depending upon your current HP when the discipline is activated.
  8. Nedrom Augur

This is incorrect, he is asking about a Disc not AA.
  9. Nedrom Augur

It's not passive at all, the other person linked the wrong information.

Think of this disc as an emergency button if you either think you'll die or if you're tanking a big baddie and healing from mend or your healer is not enough. It's a nice disc to provide you with a bit more of a chance to survive an attack. The high rate HP regen and ability to go under 0 HPs is why this works.

Play with it by tanking something without a healer and you'll see what happens.
  10. sojuu Augur

It is a pretty nice disc I use it alot if my healer is busy slowing a mob on a raid or something and my mend is down. Basically you click it when very low hp like below 30% I believe you need to be and your hp start jumping back up.
  11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Thanks all for the info, I forgot that there was a similar named AA so sorry for not specifying.
  12. Nedrom Augur

no worries, too many non monks trying to give answers :) I knew exactly what you were asking for from your first post lol
  13. Nedrom Augur

May I suggest you heading over to www.monkly-business.net there are a lot of guides and active monks who can help with anything monk related!
  14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I have looked there for a lot of info, but it's hard to trust info that was posted 6 plus years ago.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You need to go to the forums there, that is where the up-to-date info is found. People don't really make walkthrus and update the older such webpages that much. It is much easier for people to update posts (at least on most modern message boards) than it is to constantly update a webpage.
    Nedrom likes this.
  16. Nedrom Augur

I can assure you that our class members post there quite frequently and has tonnes of up to date information.

Most knowledgeable monks don't come to EQLive forums. They're more active on MB.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. gnomeboss Augur

mend at 30. forestall at 20. impen at 10 and hope mend comes back up. monkboss!

join serverwide.monkly:business and sometimes people will answer your questions.
    Nedrom and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.