[MNK] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrillho Augur

This was me, I think, and I was mistaken. I thought it was 50,000 dmg added total, which isn't the case. Click adds 5000 damage to the next 40 flying kicks = 200,000 dmg, with a 0.25 second cast time = 800,000 DPS. If you're burning higher than that, then it doesn't make sense to use the BP during the burn. I still stand by my statement of using this before a burn, as the 3 minute buff duration gives plenty of time to burn through the 40 kicks.

Now we would have a choice between damage (EoK and earlier BP) and defense (RoS BP), which is similar to a few of our other discs. Could make sense. Having invuln is going to come in handy for more situations than just pulling, too. Sacrificing the gain we would have on this BP for an invuln might sit well with people. But I don't know how overpowering an invuln monk would be.

As for pulling, Earthforce + Purify + Mend should be able to keep you afloat for any pulls. Much lower cooldown time than a 10 minute BP click.

And there's no NDA, by the way. If there were one with this beta (alpha perhaps?), it most likely would have been lifted when beta opened up and the forums became unlocked for all.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, invulnerability not happening. That's not a set number. It varies by what's hitting you. A runelike effect (would look for stacking) is possible though.
    HeatherPurrs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.