[MNK] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symbius Augur

There should be no compromises. This "in the middle" type of thinking is one of the reasons why Monks are viewed as one of the most neglected and obsolete classes in the game right now.

FD is plenty for aggro control, just focus on the damage side of things.
  2. Thrillho Augur

I'd have to agree. It'd be nice to have a bit of aggro reduction, but not at the cost of damage. And especially when we have the Silent Strikes AA, which could easily be upgraded in later expansions.
  3. Lisard Silly

for the love of god dont Fing break the monk BP. just leave it the way it is, and add more dmg to the procs... we dont need a hate reducer god danm why you even say things like this lol. all the ideas, and the toilet the class is in atm....and you ask for hate reducer /facepalm.
  4. Minato Augur

I will gladly die and learn to not over aggro but we NEED more dps tools or simply upgraded versions
  5. Brohg Augur

Guys, as stupid as the -agro idea was, don't flip out about BP click. 250k damage every 10 minutes (or whatever the final number is. *750k*wuuu) ain't near the meat of class balance.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Thrillho Augur

A change to the BP isn't going to fix what's wrong with the class. Adding in something other than damage isn't necessarily a bad idea. Aggro reduction for a class that isn't supposed to get aggro is probably a good thing. Reducing damage output because of it isn't something a lot of us would want, myself included. Now we know.

But now we also know that it's possible to put in two things on a BP click. Is there anything else you'd want to see in? Stun? Leech? Endurance gain? Rez? DI? Food proc? My idea was to add something else to it - aggro reduction was just one possibility. Like I said earlier, dicho + alliance is wiping out endurance. Eight breaths has a terrible cast time, technique of the crimson has a damage reduction. ID + breather is viable, but only when a disc isn't running. Maybe reducing the damage output from the BP click may be less of a detriment than using EB or TotC.

Current damage output is 200k (40 kicks at 5000 damage extra). Halve that for an endurance gain and you've got a 100k damage loss. Are you losing more of that with ID + breather? Being out of battle for 1 second will cost you more than 100k damage - even if it's just autoattack + mash key. You're certainly losing more than that using EB or TotC.

Damage reductions aren't always bad if we add in something else that will boost damage elsewhere.
  7. Symbius Augur

A BP click isn't going to solve any kind of endurance issues. Keep it straight damage.

The Endurance probably needs to be addressed via the AA we already have that is tied to a worthless ability that nobody uses.
  8. Snazster Elder

I'm really getting tired of all the resist messages on Demon Crusher. Can we stop having it treated as a spell?
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  9. kyong Augur

I'd also like to see a quad skill attack tied to it, then the 40 procs when flying kicking. Sort of like you click it and you get 4 flying kick attacks for 800 apiece or something instantly, then the procs. Similar to Rogues Dreadweave (still the most potentially damaging BP click for them years later...)
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

this is a tired horse fellow bretheren, they arent gonna change it, been how long on the focus and effects now of the BP?
  11. Sokon Augur

For the click, how about a free, insta clicky(very important it's insta) five point palm or crane stance.

I liked the previous clicky line before it was nerfed. The one that added a proc line buff, then a second proc buff wiht 1 charge that procced for 3 flying kicks. They nerfed it to 1 flying kick though. Then I found myself really looking at my parses. let's see i am doing 200-300 k dps, this clicky gives me a total 200 k dmg, does it even make sense to click it midburn? Better remmeber to before I start attacking or I won't see a dps increase.

That's kinda . BP clicks back since anguish were highly desired.

These are current, 23 expansion in breastplates and they give nill dps. Come on, increase the dmg on them by 10 x or higher if it's going to remain a clicky like this, or with any sort of cast timer.

For the focus, yes we need an Impen reduction AA so we can get a new actual focus. I'd like to see a focus that ups our dmg in some way. Our tiger claw dmg output is super weak, you could up it by 10-20 times and it wouldn't be op. Maybe an increase proc # on the Zen fi's whistle tiger claw attacks. I think it's 20 attacks, maybe the bp focus doubles or triples that or perhaps removes the count entirely, so it lasts the same timer as Zan fi's. Just a couple ideas, but something dps.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

An acknowledgment that I read this up to here. No particular feedback right now.
  13. HeatherPurrs Augur

Monks will never damage on par with zerks and rogues so whatever third rate damage we get via the breastplate is meaningless. As my guild puts it, "Roll a Zerk or Rogue, stop being the Gerald Ford of EQ.:.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Somebody made a point in another thread about how the loss of damage for the time it takes to click the BP was more than that gained by clicking the BP during a burn. We're talking a fraction of a second, but I think his math was right. So I'd take that into consideration when designing the affects on the BP.
  15. HeatherPurrs Augur

18 seconds of invulnerability every 10 minutes would be nice and even balanced but what do I know.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Honest question, do we need that when we have two FD abilities? Like would this be more for absorbing AE's or something else that FD doesn't help with?
  17. Riou EQResource

After playing with the RoS BP's with no focus, I do miss the Earthforce hasten focus A LOT in pretty much all gameplay scenarios.

The click am indifferent to, don't really care either way what it is.
  18. SoroxDrinal Elder

EarthForce timer reduction is fine for BP.
    Or "Temporal Shielding" effect like that on Temporal Field shield.

Why would you want invulnerability when we have many other options?
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

I don't think it would be unbalancing and an invulnerability would be sweet for pulling in RoS. If you aren't in beta then I really can't explain due to the NDA.
  20. Brohg Augur

No such beast stalks these lands, nor has for many a year. I can't speak to what you met out there, young hunter, but t'weren't no Endeeay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.