Misunderstanding..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lufraki, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Lufraki Elder

Did I misunderstand this... you have to PURCHASE a krono to get you reward for being a subscriber?

Does anyone else see the irony in this?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

No, you just need to consume a Krono.

Typical crappy wording on their part though.
  3. Lufraki Elder

Not sure about the server you're on, but on my server, Krono costs 3 mil pp or more or $17.99 (?) ... so, yes, you have to purchase.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Not sure about your playstyle, but when I play I loot things and sell some of them for platinum and stockpile the currency so that one day I can purchase a high price item in game... so, no, you do no have to use dollars to purchase.
    Sheex, Felicite, Kohnn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yawn. It's a bonus for consuming a Krono. That's all. If you don't want to use a Krono, don't. You don't get the Krono. It's like that you don't get a free monitor with the system you're looking at but you do get one with a different system. If you want the free monitor, you buy the system they're giving it away with.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If they worded it that way it is by mistake. The reward is for buying a Krono (or just using one, as we all got one free Krono when they were introduced if you had a subscription at that time).

TL;DR: Daybreak wants more Krono sales so they are offering an illusion if you use one. That is all.
  7. Derd Augur

Your not misunderstanding your making stuff up, not once was this adverstised as a reward for being a subscriber. You could go look at the "advertisement" on the web site :
    We've reached 19 years of EverQuest, but it’s only because of the loyalty of players like you that we can continue to create this legacy! For the rest of March, if you give a gift to us and extend your membership by using a Krono, we'll be giving you a special gift too!

If you consume a Krono before the end of March, you'll be granted an Angler Fish Facade, which is perfect for blending in with the scaly creatures on Coirnav!
    Nowhere does it say this is a reward for being a subscriber, it's pretty plain and simple give us (dbg) a gift and extend your membership by using a krono. DO that and you get a gift, its not being mean to you or picking on you for not wanting to buy a krono .
  8. Lily Augur

I think the point is, why buy a krono when I already have a subscription? I give them my "gift" all year long.
  9. segap Augur

I think the point is they have too many krono in circulation and want to get some consumed.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think it was trying for a zero sum game. Put krono on sale to add them to the game then have something to take them out of the game.
  11. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Guys the real missunderstanding here is, trying to find a murderer....by murdering countless innocent beings.
  12. Nolrog Augur

It's not a reward for being a subscriber. It's a reward for consuming a Krono.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

If you're talking about the halflings, they had it coming.
    Quatr likes this.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, you misunderstood it. I wouldn't necessarily say it's ironic you misunderstood something and then posted on the internet about it. It's a bit funny though!
  15. Gialana Augur

Those peasants aren't important enough to be invited to dinner. They're expendable o_O
  16. Quatr Augur

But do they get a free red shirt for their troubles?
    Gialana likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No we didn't.

I've had 2 subscriptions running continuously for the last 17 years and 3 months. Neither of my accounts got a free Krono.
  18. Buford T. Justice New Member

Try learning your native tongue. YOUR, YOU'RE. Tunare, I hate people.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya I don't remember any free Krono's when they were introduced. Maybe he was thinking of the Heroic Chars? Everyone that was subscribed got one of those free when they were introduced.
  20. Cloudia Augur

Yore gonna hatz meh, but I also have characters continuously subscribed for the last 17 plus years. No free kroon have ever fallen in my lap. I do recall when I BOUGHT them for 200k and thought they were expensive! (grammar WoW! must die!). didn't realize that political affiliation or description would twig the bad word filter.