mission creator idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Jan 30, 2014.

1. quseio Augur

ive had this idea before but i think with a modification there should be no real objection the difference from what i posted before is limit it to OLD zones how old soe decides, people objected before about it makeing zone viewers easy ... frankly people who want to use zone viewers probably do

Let us if not outright create zones/missions, modify instances of existing ones maybe add a tunnel or place objects and npcs. give some sort of vendor culturally themed stuff like thurgadin or giant themed stuff for example.. illusions, weapons , and so on for doing the missions that people make .
    So what do creators get ? a additional currency to buy stuff you cant get otherwise perhaps, maybe even real money or gold membership time, or the chance for their creation to become "canon". That would be the big draw for me.

I would love to expand on velious lore even if its not offical
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

No thanks. Have you seen Everquest Next Landmark?

The reason is that I think it would be more work for them to test player-made content than to make new content themselves.
  3. Fendy Augur

I haven't tried it myself, but EQ2 has a dungeon maker that makes playable dungeons. So the idea isn't new to SOE.
  4. quseio Augur

they don't have to test it themselves, have player volunteers so the majority or stuff never reaches theyre sight, they point is they DONT have to test it unless say enough people like it to become considered for becoming lore it doesn't even have to be part of eq at first, allow people to copy their charactors even play it offline if they want

and yes I know about the dungeon maker but imo they did it wrong, the incentives are all bad ideas they should be fluff mostly all I hear is the dugneun maker being exploited, my idea would be preety pointless to exploit as testing dungeuns only nets you oh lets call it fluff points and once a mission/dungeon reaches lore stage its been thoroughly tested and doing it nets stuff like a normal dungeon does... all they have to do is design the items/powerfulness ie is it tier whatever ? how rare is it and so on.