Missing NPC in PoF (Drinal)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kally, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Kally New Member

Wanted to see if anybody else has noticed that the Wraith of a Shissar isn't spawning in the original Plane of Fear for the Enchanter epic drop.

I started checking at least twice a day, sometimes four, back in the middle of July. After about 3 weeks of never seeing her up and having killed the Shade of Cazic twice (as well as running into other classes Epic NPC's) I submitted a ticket (8/7/15).

About a week later I received a reply to the ticket (8/13/15) asking to submit a bug report and mentioning that the ticket will be moved to the QA team, which I did. I still log in daily and check, never missing a day, still no Wraith.

Just wanted to see if over the past month or two if anybody has seen the Shissar up in the original Plane of Fear. I'm pretty confident that she isn't spawning on Drinal, but thought i'd see if any of the other servers have seen her. I'm wondering if maybe she was missed when the Plane of Fear changes took place. I will quickly note that the Harbinger of Fear doesn't respond to the Enchanter at all. This is the final step, even made sure to go through all the dialog with the previously completed steps, just to make sure I didn't miss a flag.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

It may be a bug, that's a possibility, but the PoF mobs tend to also be locked down by players on pretty much any server. Back when I was doing my war epic, the PoF mobs I needed were never up, so I tried to get them on server resets, and those mobs would be dead 5-10 minutes after the server came back up.
  3. Sn00ps Journeyman

I'm having the same problem!! I just gave up camping the broken golem and the wraith of the shissar. I spent 9 days in plane of fear nearly 24hrs a day it was monitored by either me or my partner with a character in each spawn spot.

After 9 days there was no spawn of either. I've now given up as that was a lot of time to waste on this game to get a 15 year old item.

Please DBG fix this! it would be great if we could spawn them via the harbringer of fear too!
  4. Kally New Member

Yea, honestly it feels like the spawn is broken. I'm sure she was intended to be added to the Harbinger of Fears list of classes when the new Plane of Fear went live, but was missed.

However, i'm willing to consider that the Shissar is working and is just being killed right at spawn and i've just been really unlucky. I haven't been holding a vigil at the top of the tower. I just log in a couple times each day, clear all the Amy's and whatever trash agro's and then camp out. With the server pop as low as it is (Drinal sits at maybe 200 in General), I find it a little hard to believe that she's getting killed every spawn though.

While it's looked at, i'll continue to check the spawn daily. =)

On a footnote, to Snoops; The Broken Golem doesn't spawn anymore. The Wizard stuff was moved onto the Harbinger of Fear. Provided the wizard is on the correct step, you should be able to hail the Harbinger and either a Broken Golem will spawn for you, or you fight the Harbinger and get the drop you need. Believe that's true for the Warrior as well. Most of the epic stuff was moved to the Harbinger, which is why I think the Enchanter just got missed.
  5. Sn00ps Journeyman

Hi Kally,

I spent 9 straight days in plane of fear, 24hrs a day. Wraith of a shissar did not spawn at all. You haven't found it up either because it's not spawning. Trust me I spent enough time in there for the both of us. :)

The broken golem isn't on the harbringer of fear I tried it already. :(
  6. Kally New Member

Bah, I misread your first post Snoops. Didn't notice, until after re-reading it, that you mentioned watching for the Shissar. My first read I just saw the Broken Golem.

That's what I was looking for though, just a confirmation that it's not just my bad luck. Like I mentioned in the OP. I put a ticket in, it was responded to and forwarded to the QA team. In addition, I submitted a bug report. Now we just need to hope that it's actually taken seriously and have the spawn(s) fixed, or just drop get them working via the Harbinger.
  7. Kally New Member

Not to dredge up a semi-old post, but i wanted to at least give a final update on the Wraith of a Shissar on Drinal. I've continued to log in daily checking on her spawn not really expecting her to be up, but wanting to be diligent. Hadn't seen any patch notes about her spawn being fixed, however as of today (Sept. 13), she was up and dropped my final piece.

So if anybody has been stuck on here and waiting/wondering. She seems to be spawning again. 3-7 days if I'm not mistaken. In the end, I'd still suggest having her be part of the Harbinger of Fear thing.

Good luck to anybody that's been stuck for the past couple months!
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

for further clarification, please see the notes on this issue (remember, 3rd party dont use your EQ user/pw).... via the issue tracker, it was confirmed to be working as intended.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-303
  9. Wraithlord1998 New Member

Slightly different topic: as of this morning, the NPC Falmonious (from the task "This can't be good") was missing from PoK on Bristlebane. Was curious to know if anyone else noticed this on their servers as well?