Missing characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pikollo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Driftor New Member

I'm starting to think they have completely lost all of our characters and have no idea what to do about it. I can't think of any other reason a company would ignore long term customers and not offer updates or any explanation whatsoever. Those people Grebyr is referring to that count the money are going to be counting less of it very shortly if they don't start respecting their players and responding to their questions and concerns like a reputable business would. Less staff on the weekend? How about addressing what is obviously a serious issue and paying some overtime to solve it?
  2. Hiby Journeyman

Hello all it has been since Sunday that my Main went missing on Luclin and I submitted this info to Daybreak (that was not an easy task) they came back gave me a ticket # and said he would be restored, as of 15min ago he was not and nothing has been done.
    Yesterday the 12th I get a message from the lead GM saying all was restored (read above it is not) I am not sure what their crew is smoking but it must be something, then they send a email survey asking How I would rate the support I received? (once again they have done nothing he is still missing) Good, I'm Satisfied or Bad, I'm unsatisfied?
    How can they do that what sort of people are they to not understand that nothing has been done for us regarding this issue?
    I am about done with them I doubt we will ever see these missing toons again, What a waste.
  3. Derd Augur

Have you all tried deleting your eq exe. File?
  4. Derd Augur

Especially anyone that did get a reply that their characters were restored.
  5. Hiby Journeyman

No I have not, but all my other toons are still there the only one missing was the top Character on the Character slect screen, you this that will help?
  6. Tallie Elder

I don't think it's just two to five people. I mean it may not be hundreds, but not everyone posts on the boards and I know of at least two other accounts missing a character that have not posted.
  7. Derd Augur

It works for others that have missed their entire character file. I don't see what it would hurt to try. Another option if you have a trusted friend have them log in your account and see if they see your character.
  8. baddog Journeyman

The problem is not on our end , its on theirs . the problem is not the fix or even time .
    Its the lack of customer service. this is the first time in over 15 years that I had a problem with service .
    Except for being billed while sony was under a dos attack. crooks .
    Anyway I think all the testers at daybreak are focused with the new release.
    they would not respond to my tweet.
  9. Ketel Journeyman

EQ.EXE has been deleted and all steps taken, even logged from separate computer on diff Ip and NOTHING.

Its really ..
  10. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Aye, same result here...
  11. Janakin Augur

On test patch I saw this:

"- Fixed an issue that would disable entire accounts from logging in if one of the characters on an account is corrupted. The non-corrupted characters will appear roughly 10 minutes after login if this is the case. Players experiencing this should contact Customer Support to get the corrupted characters removed or fixed."
  12. Tallie Elder

Unfortunately this sounds more like the problem people had with all their characters missing or unable to log in entirely. Most of in this thread can log in our accounts and see some of our characters but one or more of them are missing. And I am pretty sure we are all at least trying to contact customer support!

But thanks, any suggestion might be worth a try.
  13. Janakin Augur

It is the removed or fixed part that sounds scary...
  14. maxwell Lorekeeper

A GM just responded to the missing characters under the Live Bug Update if you want to read it.
    Dragon Jockey, Kravlo and baddog like this.
  15. baddog Journeyman

ill go check it out thanks ,
  16. Kravlo New Member

Thank you for that information I do not usually post on forums but since I was getting no where with my petition I came here today.
    baddog likes this.
  17. Kravlo New Member

Since my post was deleted from the bug page I will put it here. This is directed back to the response on the Live Bug Update regarding missing characters.

Jenn Chann,
    My petition is still open but the above response was what I have been looking for for almost a week. Why couldn't you have put that information into the petition response instead of the BS GM Magic of abject failure.
    As someone who is on nightly and has been playing for, well we won't say how long, the flagrant disregard that DB has shown to its players is stunning. You must realize that only a small portion of people post on forums, I am on here today ONLY to get an answer to my issue since my ticket has been sitting in limbo for 2 days. Show us the respect we deserve with actually answering our petitions with honesty and with clarity. If you don't know what happened say so and you might want to humble yourselves and apologize for the problem rather than making most of us feel ignored and angry.

Kravlo
    The Rathe
    baddog likes this.
  18. baddog Journeyman

"Since my post was deleted from the bug page"

I know they even deleted my post that thanked Jenn Chann . These guys are crazier than I am .
  19. Vrinda Augur

Please do not give your account info to anyone, no matter how trustworthy you think them! The problem isn't on our end, it's on DBG's end, and giving out your account info just opens you up to other kinds of issues.

I've deleted eqgame.exe and repatched, as I'm sure many others have, and this does not resolve the problem. As JChann said in her post, they have to research and restore each of these individually. I can't convince myself to buy the expansion on my three accounts until I get my missing characters back, so here's hoping they move quickly to dedicate resources to finding and restoring these for everyone. I don't want to be done with EQ quite yet!
  20. Marike Elder

I haven't gotten an email about it yet, but my bard reappeared tonight.

Hope she stays put. :)
    Dragon Jockey and baddog like this.