Missing characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pikollo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Oryanda New Member

Been missing my main character on this account, all the log files are there but she is no where to be found. I can't even file a petition because the page is down. On the days you really want to play and can't, its very frustrating.
  2. Marike Elder

Thought I'd update - I'm in the same boat as y'all. I got the message early this morning that someone worked their "GM magic" and my character was back early. However, she's definitely not back. I replied to the message to update my petition, but ... sigh. What a mess.
    baddog likes this.
  3. snakebane New Member

Same here
    baddog likes this.
  4. Ketel Journeyman

2:32 PST and no resolution, my guess is they have no idea what to do.
    baddog likes this.
  5. baddog Journeyman

another day gone , so much for magic . if I was not disabled id go out and do something.
    its bad enough putting up with the lag and crashing and keeping my mouth shut , I'm really starting to get pissed off . if I knew quitting would make a difference I would . the best I could do at this time is stop automatic payments (billing ) at this time . I suggest people do the same.
    I have all my 4 accounts in bazar selling off my stuff , I have no desire to play without my main character.

notice no GM have come here to help out , all I got where BOT messages
  6. Tallie Elder

I like to think they are working on it, although that is small consolation. I really understand how you feel baddog, trust me. Hang in there. I doubt they were there over the weekend so they have only had a couple days.
  7. Grebyr Lorekeeper

My biggest frustration with this is that I have now been out of the picture for raids (most likely another night tonight) and being unable to fully aid in leveling/gearing newer people to our guild

At least maybe SOME explanation of like "Yeah somehow the toons are just VANISHED and we have no clue what to do " would at least on some level make me feel like they are working on it.
  8. Vrinda Augur

I received the same message and was so excited I logged in immediately to discover the same as everyone else. My two toons are still missing, including my raiding main. I'm not to the point of canceling my accounts yet, but I do wish they'd spend the marketing dollars they're spending touting the EoK expansion (which I was, and still am, looking forward to if I can have my toons back to play in it) and BIG cats in bags on the development support it will take to get this fixed.

They have the know how to copy characters from the live servers to Test and to Beta, so one assumes they can use the same process to restore characters from backup. Unless, of course, they didn't go back to a point prior to the time the character corruption took place, causing their GM magic to fizzle.

I'm curious to know if anyone whose character(s) disappeared with last weekend's server instability has had a toon successfully restored. If you have, please post here so the rest of us can see a glimmer of hope. Thanks!

Edit to add a note that I believe the characters still exist somewhere in the ether. They still appear in their respective guild lists even though I don't have the ability to log them in. Housing that is owned by one of my missing toons is still there, too, including trophies placed in his house. They just need to find a restore point from around October 5th or 6th and copy the missing characters back in. Losing some raid coin and perhaps a drop or two is less important to me than losing my characters.
    baddog likes this.
  9. Gromryk New Member

I wish I could post that my main had been restored, but the lead GM's magic fizzled on my account as well. Guess he must have been PL'd.
  10. Grebyr Lorekeeper

They have definitely lost their mojo....
  11. baddog Journeyman

hello again well today is day 5 no fix for my missing character, not a peep from anybody , I'm sure they are working hard on the problem LOL , 15 years playing and you get the high hat when you need their help . they are too busy working on a new expansion to fix what's broken now .
    ill give it till Friday than I start looking for a new game to play .
    I cant believe they treat customers this way.
  12. Tallie Elder

I am wondering if the problem is that our characters aren't gone, they are just invisible. Maybe that is why this is proving difficult. Like most of you, I would be happier if we were at least receiving some feedback, even if it is just "we are still working on it"
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Apparently they are upgrading the memory of EQ and changing graphic processing or something like that. Wonder if this could have something to do with it? Details are in the dev's post under test bug forum, heading says for live players to read it and is asking for more test player but the thing about the update is explained.
  14. Driftor New Member

I sent in my first ticket on Monday morning regarding 2 characters that went missing Sunday evening. Both of them are level 105 and on 2 separate accounts. They are the only reason I even have those 2 accounts so needless to say I haven't been able to play even though I have paid the subscriptions. I have added questions regarding what is going on to that ticket and even opened another in hopes of receiving some sort of response. This morning they merged my tickets and notified me they had done so but still didn't answer my questions. There are 4 accounts in my household and we were planning to preorder the new expansion this week. That won't be happening now. I am at the point where my missing characters are not the only problem I have with Daybreak. They may be working on a solution but that doesn't excuse ignoring your customers. All I can say is that they need to respond soon (as in today) and there had better been some decent compensation for this inconvenience or I am going to seriously consider ending my 16 year EQ experience. In any business customer service is key and we all deserve some sort of explanation and updates on what is being done to solve the problem.
    baddog likes this.
  15. baddog Journeyman

no, I think they are to busy working on the new expansion . they do not care about their customers .
    15 years being loyal player means nothing to these guys ,
  16. baddog Journeyman

17. baddog Journeyman

Driftor
    "I am going to seriously consider ending my 16 year EQ experience"
    hi there , my main account is 15 years 288 days old and my main character is still missing since sunday 3 pm .

I have tears because I don't want to leave but the GMs are forcing my hand I have to take a stand.
    They wont fix a thing during the weekend , because they have minimal staff on so if its not fixed by Friday its another 2 day wait and no guarantee's that it will be fixed.

tomorrow "Friday" is going to be my last day if this is not solved . 6 accounts all of them all access and 4 silver will be gone . 2 of all access and the 4 silver belong to my kids . however I pay for their access.

does anyone have recommendations for another game platform that's not linked to daybreak please let me know
  18. Ketel Journeyman

This is TRULY pathetic now, its been 6 days and NO help at all.

Not even a WE ARE WORKING ON IT!
    baddog likes this.
  19. Grebyr Lorekeeper

HEY DAYBREAK!

Is anyone working? I mean besides the guy who counts the money you get from all your new Satchel purchases and the mounts as Luclin opened on Phinny. Cause of course that is an important function that needs to be taken care of daily. If he gets done early, maybe he could see why people have been missing characters (MAIN CHARACTERS) for 5+days...

Seriously...
    baddog likes this.
  20. baddog Journeyman

hey guy , its only 2-5 people with this problem , how long would it take to open my account and hunt for the toon that is missing , I cant see why this cant be fixed within 24 hours never mind 5 days .
    the weekend is a write off because they have minimal staffing that's from a tweet from them .
    they have not even responded to my last tweet btw . All I want is help , you know they are reading this having a laugh at our expense.