Missing characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pikollo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Sancus Augur

I had the issue where all of my characters were missing, and deleting eqgame.exe fixed it for me.

However, the initial shock that having no characters caused prompted me to add Daybreak Defender to my account, which after a few uses stopped working and has now locked me out of my main account (this forum account is linked to my second account, so I can still post). I opened a ticket 2 days ago, but haven't received a response thus far.

Not particularly impressed by Daybreak atm.
    baddog and Dragon Jockey like this.
  2. Marike Elder

I received a response to my petition from Sunday afternoon. My issue has been escalated so that my character will be restored.

I hope everyone receives a similar response.
    baddog likes this.
  3. Tallie Elder

I received a similar message a bit ago. No ETA of course.
    baddog likes this.
  4. Grebyr Lorekeeper

No response.

Kinda was hoping to be raiding tonight... and so is the rest of my guild I am guessing cause clerics are kinda necessary...
  5. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Apparently escalated petition....not feeling confident atm
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

Ya this scared the out of me when it first happened, but I tryed to log onto a different server and it said I had a toon logged in the world so I kicked it. The process timed out and I went back to my main server and my toon's where there when I got to the character select. Try that out see if it works for you.
  7. Moak The Most High

Hey Daybreak- seriously? you want me to rate your customer support when I still have 2 characters that I want to play deleted? Are you kidding me? GIV$E ME MY CHARACYERS BACK
  8. Ketel Journeyman

Fourth day missing TWO characters on two accounts. It was "escalated" yesterday.

SO, I logged in to check like a little kid on Christmas morning hoping it was fixed, and was disappointed to see i still do not have my characters!

This is pathetic customer service. my main account was created in 1999.... It has been acitve now for what 17 years..

I just cancelled subscription.
  9. Grebyr Lorekeeper

An update to this situation with more than your petition has been 'escalated' would be deeply appreciated. Characters 'gone' since Saturday seems a little extreme.
    baddog likes this.
  10. Guandiv New Member

I had the same since Labor Day weekend. I submitted a support ticket and after back and forth emails w/ several GMs, all my characters were restored 2 weeks later. Then a week later, all of my characters were gone again. I resubmitted another ticket and got 4 out of 5 characters back one week after. A GM also informed me that the devs are awared I'm still missing 1 character and are working on a resolution but couldn't give me an ETA. So to all peeps w/ missing characters, the devs are awared of the problem. Just submit a support ticket and be patient, unless the missing character is your main raid toons =P.
  11. Hiby Journeyman

I am having this same issue since Sunday evening 9th, I got a response that the GM are looking my main 105 Necro, but looked at noon still gone?
    Started at character select I went to bring him up and got the message that that the zone was not available so waited tried again same message picked I different toon and logged right in, camped him out and my main was no longer on the character select list or screen, I certainly hope they can restore him, if not I guess I will hang it up he has a lot of time invested and all my platt>LOL
  12. Tallie Elder

Hiby, that is how it pretty much happened to all of us missing a character. I know what you mean, if they can't restore it, I don't think I can put another 17 years in to rebuild it.
  13. maxwell Lorekeeper

Still missing my level 105 toon since Sat 8th. 4 days what is Daybreak doing? petition # 116399
  14. Vrinda Augur

Having this happen once is more than enough. I sure hope those of us who have lost toons and are waiting for them to be restored don't get treated to a repeat experience like Guandiv has had. :(

And yes, one of the missing characters is my max level, max AA raid toon. No, I will not be buying BIG cats in bags (or anything else) until this gets resolved.
  15. Tallie Elder

Still missing my ranger. I woke up to a daybreak response that my character had been restored, but when I logged in she still wasn't there....
  16. maxwell Lorekeeper

GMs I got an email also that my 1 toon had been restored. I logged in and it did not show up, I logged out and back in still nothing. So can you re-lock at this. petition # 116399
  17. Grebyr Lorekeeper

I too received this response

This is Lead GM ******* responding to your petition, and after working a bit of GM magic your characters should be back now. Apologies for the trouble and thank you for your patience as we worked towards a resolution.

All four of my toons across two accounts are STILL missing. I think you need to go work some 'magic' and get this actually resolved. It is really ridiculous that the only communications we receive are vague and inaccurate.

I have logged out, logged into other servers, blah blah blah. They are not back.

Get it together.
  18. Ketel Journeyman

got email my two characters on two accounts were restored. Logged in and nothing.. Both accounts NOT been resolved.
    baddog likes this.
  19. baddog Journeyman

I got a message saying my missing character was solved , 3 hours later still no character.
    this is my main character that all my other accounts support. my toon has been missing since 3 pm Sunday.
    tell you the truth id like to quit and walk away at this time, however I would only be hurting myself , that being said , I took off my credit card from the accounts so I wont be billed any longer .
    last thing I want to do is send anymore money to daybreak before this is solved I suggest you guys do the same
    ps

I tried to send 1 plat to the missing character from another account , the plat comes back .
  20. baddog Journeyman

same here , got an email saying resolved . something tells me everyone got the same email even though its still broken .