Missing Character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Janakin, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Janakin Augur

So I have a missing character that I know 100% I did not move or delete. He is only a level 10 character so the fact he is missing would be an easy way to remake and get him back to that level.

However, I had him the owner of 3 real estate plots and made my main character the co-owner of. Using that real estate and putting a market bought house on each one, I literally stored 1000s and 1000s of stacks of trade-skill items. All of those items belonged to my main character and not the missing character.

My questions are:

1) If they see that the missing character can be restored because it was a data error on their part will it also restore all the real estate items as well as the items belonging to other characters?

2) If they do not restore the character for whatever reason they now have to not restore characters that are missing, why did the items not get parceled to the owner of said items? Can those items be restored?

3) Can they even determine those items stored in someone's real estate as belonging to another character? I know that items stored in other people's real estate I was not able to find with the export function nor can I find them using the find item feature as it only will search real estates I am the owner of, not co-owner.

Anyone who has had anything like this happen to them please reply. Thanks.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not real clear here. When was the last time you logged into the missing character - like years ago? They have done sweeps of lower level characters over the years. If I understand that what your saying is the character and all those houses and items in the houses are missing now? Is this on AB?

If you right click your EQ icon on desktop and select open file location you will see files listed with character names on them. Is it in there?

The only way you'll know for sure is to file a petition stating what is missing.
  3. Janakin Augur

Logged on the level 10 char about a year ago. Been using his real estate until yesterday when I noticed all 3 houses were missing. Thought maybe I let the escrow expire but then when I went to log in that character he was missing. No one has ever had access to that account so I think it is a bug.
  4. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

My account (11 years away) returned missing several characters, with my "main" being a lower level than I know I left her at, and with her tradeskill masteries all gone (everything seems to be reset into the 180-200 range).

I just shrugged at it and moved on because I cannot think of a single way to prove it and that's all they want to hear. (Personally, I think in the handovers from company to company, some backups went missing or were rotated out. It's the only reason I can think of that entire characters would be gone.)

I just remade characters and got back to playing and relearning. I do hope you have a better outcome, but I guess I'm saying don't hold your breath.
  5. niente Developer

We have backups of characters from 2016 and earlier which can be restored. Sometimes there are other problems like a character's data existing, but not being attached to an account. You can petition to get help, it will eventually come back to the dev team to fix them for you. If your old character's name changed or moved accounts/servers it can make it impossible to find the backups, though.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Janakin Augur

Thanks for looking in to this. Niente was able to find the character and that he was not deleted but somehow was not attached to any account. Just replied to him which account he should be attached too. I am glad I keep an excel file with my character names and notes as that helped. Now here is hoping the real estate items are restored too!
  7. Janakin Augur

Update: They restored the missing character but did not find the real estate data so right now waiting on that. I am hoping that since all the real estate items were owned by me even though stored on a plot I do not own they will be able to restore them.
  8. Janakin Augur

Still have open petition on the missing real estate items since July 4th. *fingers crossed*
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Real estate is tricky. It is unlikely they will fix it. They will, if you are meticulous, probably refund anything you can think of you had in it though.
  10. Janakin Augur

Petition is still open. They asked me if I had the XML files for the plots. Sadly those files only save place-able items, not stored items. Sent them an excel spreadsheet of the items that are missing but I could only vaguely guess to the quantities. I saw in another thread other people losing real estate items and Ngreth commented that items are saved "per character" and not "per plot" so hoping they can restore the items somehow that way.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There was no actual handover of anything regarding the game(s). Daybreak Game Company is the same company as Sony Online Entertainment was; the name simply was changed due to having a new parent company.

In all likelihood, what actually happened was that someone hacked your account while you were away. They moved items that they could onto the missing characters then transferred them to FV and sold or traded all the items on them (the characters themselves might be stranded there or deleted). Then they also sacrificed your main down for EEs (back when they were worth something); and then more recently when they made various changes to stats that sort of reset them they changed around.

I don't recall TS masteries ever being refunded; just new ranks being added when they introduced the way to increase TSs from 300 to 350.
  12. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

No one ever has had my account information but me. Ever.

My druid was still there, still at the level I left her, and nothing was missing.

Regardless, no help for it and I'm not interested in wasting energy trying. Thanks for the response, though.
  13. Janakin Augur

Thanks Niente and GM Woebot for helping with this recovery. Took awhile but all is good now. Very happy with the results! Still not sure how the character got detached from an account but I am glad it is resolved.

I would suggest there be a way to use the inventory find feature for co-owner real estate items with the ingame tool as well as the outputfile command. Using the guild neighborhood door as well as the spring in the neighborhood and choosing my items will take me to those plots but the aforementioned would be nice for record keeping.
    niente likes this.