Mischief will not be an RMT paradise, quite the opposite.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Glow, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Iyacc Augur

Shaman Hammer from Vox will be the most common. Wouldn't it be cool if the Staff of Forbidden Rites got caught up in the loot table and dropped as well? I think that was the name of the 10 charge resurrection staff.
    Machen likes this.
  2. Ions I'm Special

I’m going to bet on defiance gear dropping and they won’t be able to remove lol! Yeah that would be amazing! I’m really excited for the random loot server
  3. Moforyguy Lorekeeper

The ruleset states mobs of similar level. That prob doesn't mean 8 levels. More likely +1 -1 maybe +2 but I doubt similar level means 8 levels above.
  4. Glow Augur

I currently have 100 or so left and don't really need krono tbh.
  5. Magician9001 Elder

But we do know some things.
    It really doesn't even matter, if we don't know everything.
    The fact you can trade sky haste belts that were rotting means FBSS isn't worth as much.
    The fact that Classic is one month and Kunark is 2 means the items aren't worth as much.
    The fact that in Kunark when i get my Phara Dar Robe i'll sell my Hate Robe means SMR ect aren't worth as much.
    The fact that in SoV when i get a Vulak Robe i'll sell my Phara Dar robe means it's not worth as much, neither is the Robe off CT ect.

We don't know the specifics of everything yet, but we do know enough to know the general levels of RMT should be lower because the financial incentive will be lower.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

One of the few sensible takes in this dumb thread
  7. a_librarian Augur

It was incredibly smart business to give next to no details to prevent people asking pointed questions and derailing the bag selling hype.
  8. TheDohn Augur

So you made up what you hoped the rules would be like a housewife reading the horoscopes.
  9. Xondor Journeyman

Maybe. If the population is high enough it will cancel out some of the negative RMT effect because of the incredible demand.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

I expect the usual non raid junk from dungeons to quickly become mostly worthless apart from some stuff like GEBs that is better than most hate/fear equivalents.

Once usually no trade raid loot starts hitting the market it will be the high ticket stuff. Why twink with fine plate or loam encrusted when you can buy planar armor in the tunnel, presumably with no level req.
  11. Mithra Augur

People will still hold down the usual camps, Efreeti you'll eventually get the boots and rings you want plus a bunch of random kedge, hole and guk items.
  12. Skuz Berserker Logic: Kill everything.

Some people will inevitably gravitate to their familiar hunting spots and then later complain about boring themselves to death.

But for anyone who wants to branch out and experience a much wider range of content they won't lose out on loot opportunities by doing so.
    That's the aspect of the random loot I like the most - adventure wherever you want, still get a shot at desirable loot.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Moforyguy Lorekeeper

I dunno about you but when reading one usually thinks about what words you're reading mean. Like the word "similar" obviously not enough details are out but can you agree that the number 2 and the number 8 are different? Well it said of "similar" level. What is your opinion on how it scales? Can you say why it'd be such a wide range of level scaling instead of how my horoscope has predicted it?
  14. Zansobar Augur

Exactly plus all the planes armor will be flooding the market. Every item that used to rot when all that could use it already had it in your raid force will now be in the market. Also remember how this free trade affects your alts, you no longer have to get additional no-trade items, such as Jboots, for your alts you can simply trade them back and forth when you want to play a different character. This further reduces the demand for items lower their cost.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Most group loot from classic dungeons will be quickly relegated to trash status,anything that is BiS or close to BiS will continue to be worth good plat/krono as demand will likely exceed supply.

When raid gear is tradeable only poor casuals will be buying the group stuff.

Time to start thinking outside the box about things that will still be difficult to acquire, anything you can get by parking 2 Necros on a spawn point will be super common
  16. Sycopata Elder

The true pro krono farmers just farm plat and buy kronos, speacialy cheap in early days, they non care about camp rare items, the gold rush is buy the first 500pp kronos.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Kylo Classic Augur

People are smarter. Krono start at 1kpp, and go to 2-3k after a couple days. Just too many people farming the cash camps. And people with Krono have Diamond Hands.