Mischief or FV clone?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by bartolomo, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Captain Video Augur

Yelinak isn't DOA, it has at least 2K active players. Try to get your facts right. I would expect that number to grow a little after Luclin, because that's where some of the more experienced players prefer to start. Just because it wasn't the constant queueing madness that Mischief was at its launch doesn't make Yelinak a failure. A lot of players prefer what you call the "ho hum" ruleset. I'm still not sure why this point matters to you. Yelinak is actually the first server since Mangler with this ruleset, and Mangler is over three years old.
  2. Brildon Augur

You speak about facts, then throw out a random number you *think* are actively playing on Yelinak. I don't think you realize how many 2000 players (so no boxes) would be. You must have a few dozen full raid guilds without the need of any boxes in the raid.

Despite the fact there is another thread in this section about people upset Velious didnt bring back any players...
  3. Xanathol Augur

Some of these takes aren't very congruent. Some folks who are saying "a new Mischief would siphon players away" then turn around and compare the Mischief population to the combined numbers of all the bland servers to say how 'healthy' those server options are - a set a servers nearly identical to one another that 'siphoned players away' with each new release. So which is it? Do multiple servers of the same ruleset merely spreadout an otherwise combined population or do those multiple servers actually have a higher combined population? You cannot have it both ways.

The answer is obvious and easy; I just want to see consistency in the arguments.
  4. Brildon Augur

I assume you are trolling.

I have not see anyone state Mischief has a higher population then the rest of the servers combined, but on its own the highest populated TLP.
  5. Captain Video Augur

2K players server-wide doesn't mean they are all logged in at the same time. Anyone who actually plays this game would understand that. There are at least 25 guilds on Yelinak, not all are raiding Velious raid content. Smaller guilds are content so far with group content. Raid guild distinctions generally sort themselves out at PoP. This has been a repeated cycle on >all< TLPs to date, including on Mischief.

ONE person posted a thread complaining that Yelinak's population at Velious launch was too low. There is no consensus that view is correct.
  6. Xanathol Augur

I have no idea how you read my comment and came away with this...
  7. TheRealMuramx Elder

They are going to have to start another Mischief server and soonish. Not because of the lack of players on Mischief but because, eventually due to attrition of players that happens naturally Mischief has no other server to merge with due to the loot rules. I would like to see a Mischief clone but without "true box" that when it merges either Mischief has relaxed its true box rule, or it goes away with the merge.
  8. Appren Gnomercy

Mischief can merge with Thornblade next summer or the one after that? After the server reach the end, it will probably merge into Firiona Vie and lose the loot bonus. At that point, not many care either way :)
  9. Lanffear Filthy Boxer

Daybreak's own about page says they are privately owned: https://www.daybreakgames.com/about

Hopefully DBG will continue to come out with new rule sets for future TLPs instead of resting on recycling old ones, even with pairing with a plain TLP rule set for the yearly rerollers.
  10. Stymie Pendragon

They're owned by Enad Global 7 AB which is listed on the stock exchange @15.30 when I just checked.
  11. Lanffear Filthy Boxer

Fair enough, I'm wrong.
  12. Gnomie Denser than most

While I play on mischief and love it. Don’t plan on going anywhere. I’m fine with them opening another free trade TLP for all the RMT’ers to flock to. Get them off my server so I can have no AFK kick
  13. Captain Video Augur

With a few minor exceptions, all of the RMT'ers are gone from Mischief. The AFK kick is solely a function of the server's total population. Call it the price of success, at least so far.
  14. TheRealMuramx Elder

lol... no one on Mischief wants to merge with Thorneblade, and the handful of people on Thorneblade have been vocal about not wanting to join Mischief. Also, the ruleset of Mischief is the problem. Take away the ruleset and you may as well shut the server down.
  15. TheRealMuramx Elder

Because I like the server and it was a good test (which is what it was.) but it needs more tweeks then the ones they have already done. the 2 biggest changes if they made a Mischief 2.0 would be 1) making all the 2.0 items for all classes no drop. People where preventing others from doing epics because they would sit their box armies on drops then try and sell the stuff for rediculous prices. And 2) relax the "true box." With DBG saying we basically don;t have a play nice policy, it left the server with 2 people. Boxers that thought everything belonged to them, and players playing on 1 account that would get the scraps or get pushed out of camps and named because they wernt running a war,shm,brd and 3 monks.
  16. Captain Video Augur

There is a third category, those players who have joined a guild. Group 3 >> groups 1 and 2 combined. This is true on every TLP once it gets past PoP, regardless of the ruleset.
    Appren likes this.
  17. TheRealMuramx Elder

Maybe true on "normal" (I use that term loosely) but not on a Free Trade server like Mischief. I started on Mischief at the end of LoY and just kinda left a couple weeks ago. It was just as bad as before if not worse. The krono farmers and "big guilds" that had nothing, but boxers would crap on everyone else. "true box" is what drew me to the server. I wanted that grouping feeling again. And I did get it, but the cost of being trained, boxers clearing all your mobs out, boxers sneaking in and picking the named off then running away, never being able to beat that guy that has a tank, healer bard and 3 monks to anything. Then having those people laugh at you in /ooc saying "guess it's a DPS race lol." when their group is 5 levels higher.

I think that problem will always exist, but the shredding of the PnP didn't help. I also believe if they at least relaxed the "true box only" or got rid of it, things would be more equal. And the people that fight Equality are typically those that are at the top that don't want to be threatened.
  18. Captain Video Augur

First off, if you're not at level cap you're not equal, and you shouldn't expect to compete head-to-head with those who are, no matter how many you're boxing. Even if your team is all at level cap, the game is now at a stage where AAs matter, and you might not be equal there either. Many, many spots are available to you to grind more XP and AAs for your team. This is how the game works, and again, it doesn't matter what the ruleset is. Free trade makes no difference in this context, except that you might be able to buy, for reasonable plat, whatever specific items you might be trying to farm.

The Krono farmers are long gone from Mischief, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Training is forbidden on all servers; the solution to that is to capture the video and report the offender(s). They do hand out suspensions. You're conveniently not mentioning where, exactly, you are and what progression task(s) you're trying to accomplish. If you want to play solo and not join a guild yourself, that's your prerogative, but there will always be some limitations on what you can do, and things you can do will take longer. That's also how the game is intended to work. Mischief isn't going to get a relaxed truebox rule anytime soon, if ever, so that isn't your answer. Yelinak gets relaxed truebox when it reaches OoW.