Mischief + Mayhem Servers - True-Box / Boxing Allowed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aiona, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Aiona Augur

It could still happen, right? :D

Maybe there's a better chance that the second server will just be an overflow clone, but maybe not?
  2. TLP Addict Augur

From what I remember of Dreaweaver in discord, it's an overflow that will merge later, doubt they can mix 2 disparate rulesets like that.
  3. Elite_raider Augur

I love the Mischief rule set, the only thing that is putting me off from the server is the truebox rule, it attracts so many toxic people, hopefully they will announce a box friendly version of Mischief to soon.
    Xanadas likes this.
  4. Aiona Augur

Ahh, okay. That makes sense.
  5. Paplpmax New Member

agreed... a rizlona version of this would be nice... and finally we get free trade (which was so impossible to make before) the random loot... dunno time will tell... it can make it incredibly hard to get the items you want unless they up droprates too on stuff... specifically DE mask and other "special trinks" with time limits on them
    Xanadas likes this.
  6. Xanadas Augur

If I wasn't already subbed, I would re-sub for a boxable version of this server. Too novel to pass up - but I'm not playing a new server with only 1 character. I just don't have the time to rely on forming other groups.
  7. Nolrog Augur

You can still box on the server. It's not no-box it's true box.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Ayup, get your ebay shopping ready! You can get a cheap laptop that will run EQ for $100 or less. If you shop local on craigslist or facebook marketplace you can get them for $50 sometimes.
    Nolrog likes this.
  9. Lejaun Augur

Yep, you can box on the server. Your box will need to be on another computer, I believe.

There will be some that get around this, but will risk a suspension/ban. There will be some who get away with having more than two characters.

If you can afford it, there are some decent cheap laptops you can get to follow the expected ruleset. EQ is very flexible in what can play it.
    Nolrog likes this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

Bah ! Curse you for typing that faster than me.
    Nolrog and Gnothappening like this.
  11. SunDrake Augur

My take: the people who wanna be in a non-True Box raid guild are already in one, on Rizlona. PoP is just around the corner. Its no secret that most of Rizlona has been tolerating the classic - Luclin thing with expectations for greater fun in the future, beyond PoP. So they are just now getting to the 'this is why I geared 6 characters over the past year' phase. If you made a non-True Box Mischief server, you'd absolutely wreck existing guilds at a critical point.

If I am a guild or raid leader on Rizlona, I'm praying they don't screw up the last year of character development for all those accounts. The people who want a non-True Box Mischief server likely just had some reason why Rizlona didn't work out for them, so they want another. I think a lot of the 'I like TLP but I also like boxing' crowd was pretty happy with Rizlona. As someone who raided there, I'd say it'd be detrimental to further split that group up. Rizlona is just in its prime, and is pretty much exactly what people wanted, minus the dumb snitching game that people picked up to add some toxicity to an otherwise decent server.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Xanadas Augur

Yeah not interested in buying 5 more computers to get around the "rules".
  13. Faydra Augur

So, get a cheap side laptop and 2 box. It's still a lot of fun!
  14. Nolrog Augur

That's not getting around the rules, that is following them.
  15. Xanadas Augur

Nobody who plays serious on Rizlona is going to throw away their crew to dork around on a funhouse-server like Mischief. Secondly, Mischief is starting in vanilla which is super boring after leveling. It wouldn't even come close to creating a competitive timeshare situation.
  16. Xanadas Augur

My original point stands - I don't want to do it.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mayhem sounds like the ideal rename of Firiona Zek, PvP TLP with Free Trade.
    Aiona likes this.
  18. Faydra Augur

So you don't like Classic era and you want to box 6 toons. Sounds like you will be staying on Rizlona, nothing wrong with that.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. SunDrake Augur

I am confused. This was my argument pretty much exactly. :p
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Hdizzle Augur

7.7/10 intrigued.

I Would experiment a non truebox version.