Mirrored Mask

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rickate, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Rickate Augur

Is there a way to get rid of it?
  2. Goodn Augur

You can turn in no destroy to Priests of Discord to get rid of an item.
    Mary Poppins, Fanra and Rickate like this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I do not understand the logic behind this "No Destroy" tag. Can anybody explain why this decision was made, if only so that we can have something to tell people who ask besides, "Cause devs make arbitrary decisions to inconvenience you all the time."

I'm sure there was some logic behind it?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can thank the tlp servers again. I think it was on Phinney that folks would loot Traks teeth and medallions then destroy them and then use tokens of reclamation to recover them and sell for big profit. Or something like that. Wasn't really into it other than it really affected live servers and that stupid mirrored mask. Only zone I use /hidecorpse in lol
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Someone used to be able to sit at a camp, farm a lore item and delete it over and over to chain reclaim them, or just out of spite to prevent other people from acquiring the item.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm not really sure how one caused the other in this case. It's a really odd design choice since I can't think of any reason why/how someone could even grief people by destroying mirrored masks since they only drop inside of an instance. I guess a master looter looking to burn bridges on their way out of a guild maybe? But there seems to be much better ways to grief if you had access to all of the loot in a raid.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

This mirror mask only drops in a raid instance, as far as I know? And I seem to remember patch notes calling out the change to this item...iirc it was this item specifically, and not a class of items that could be farmed/camped (this mask drops from any random mob).

And since it was already No Trade...I don't understand how Reclaiming it after deleting it could make any difference at all?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The mirrored masks were victims of friendly fire - it had nothing to do with them. It is not the masks people were reclaiming but those other items.
  9. Monkman Augur

New tlp server idea

All items no destroy and no trade

Have fun
    Jhenna_BB and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

StorageQuest...because managing inventory space is the most fun part of EQ!
    Mary Poppins, Sheex and Fanra like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The change was made as part of the June 20th 2016 patch but it doesn't say why

- Made the following items 'no destroy'. The Priest of Discord, however, will still take these items as tribute.
    - - The Lucid Shards used to make the Unadorned Scepter of Shadows for entry into Vex Thal
    - - The seven Signets used to make the Full Insignia Case for entry into Asylum of Anguish
    - - The Mirrored Mask that drops in Asylum of Anguish
    - The Mirrored Mask no longer has an augment slot.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  12. Horyuken Augur

I thought someone had a cleaver way to destroy one loot a new one and avoid the cooldown.