Miragul - Ghost Town?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Flop, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Flop New Member

Does it concern anyone there is literally only one guild recruiting for this new server with launch basically a week away?

This server doesn’t look like it will be populated at all...
  2. Finchy Augur

no, we have over 500 members so far...so it'll be poppin.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

The server ruleset does not have a strong draw given the position of every other tlp.

The server will be attractive to the trickle of returning players, but not current tlpers. Perhaps coirnav players will be most attracted.

Oh and no AoC lol.
  4. Ootax Augur

There is a lot of people who would like to do this content and not have to play catch up to get there so I'm sure it will have a decent population, even with it being truebox and no AoC people are still wanting to play on it. I don't think it will have the population Mangler has but probably a medium population server. DBG hasn't really helped it out by doing email blasts and social media posts so hopefully they start doing that this week. Once it launches you will more than likely see more pop up.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still a lot of unanswered questions, so I'm sure a lot of players are still undecided.
  6. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Probably completely out of sync with the purpose of this server so this is just really my own feeling about it, my two-cents. From my perspective I think the majority of gamers are "over" the buying preleveled toons and p2w or the game giving you levels/items/etc without effort as in this case. The further expansion open would have been interesting maybe if it was a clean slate starting at level 1. I get that level 85 is like level 1 on other servers but meh. The fun of these games for me is progressing through the levels, not being given all the sparkly toys at the start. Half the appeal of eq tlps for me is the fairly harsh leveling and developing characters. I do like the quality of life improvements for the ui so i'm not some eq purist that wants the emulated style but I do like everyone leveling from scratch. Phinny/Coir were solid, probably a velious locked tlp with a static set of picks per zone (layering/server selection) and new content of the same style added periodically (ala runescape oldschool) would be perfect.
    Really, i'm totally fine with the server but I feel like the topics related to miragul should not be in the tlp section as it's historically for a different kind of server. The server is more like Live-minus-a-bit, not progression. It's almost hard to believe that in the era of wow classic basically eating all the wow copycat's lunch that they wouldn't be heading more in that direction. They can out "classic" wow any time in a fully legit manner just by following the right path and nope, this isn't it.

Anyway, i'm glad the server is coming for the people that are interested in that kind of thing it's just not for me and judging by the fact that the economy on my current server (Mangler) has actually improved since this was announced I don't think many other tlpers are interesed either. Who knows, maybe it will strip live servers down, not familiar with live so I guess this could be where it's at for those folks.
  7. Houseofpain New Member

This server is intended for a different era of progression.And for a different class of player. Ones who have done the early xpacs a few times and wanna try the end game progression. Your slightly off on your sparkly toys gear idea. These toons start with what amounts to a poor mans Abstruse gear set which from what we all rolled into HOT with from underfoot is gonna suck Hard!!!They also start with zero augs and none of the clickies we all rely on.Couple this with zero tradeskills and this isn't really being handed everything on a platter by a long shot.
    Aegir likes this.
  8. Aegir Augur

Underfoot Raid events yields much higher loot output. But, the armor pieces requires 450+ Trivial templates to make.

HoT Raid armor doesn't require TS Templates, but you gotta gear up to beat HoT Raids to get that armor...

As Houseofpain indicates... You're not geared out to steamroll any of this content from day one.

Tier4 HoT group gear could probably get you startet with HoT Raids and while grinding that, probably got you the Vital AA's as well.
  9. That0neguy Augur

You mean all those AA's they are auto granting to everyone?
  10. Delphwind Augur

AA Autogrant will not include the HoT AAs. Basically the Heroic character is set up as if you had grinded out all the AAs in the prior expansion, Underfoot.

There are still a LOT of AAs people need, there is a misconception in the community that I have seen several people talk about, saying that most or all of the AAs in HoT are going to be autogranted, this is entirely untrue.
  11. Delphwind Augur

I expect most organized groups will be going stright to T4 group content with the heroic gear.

Heroic gear is Basically equal to Tier 1 group, and with a decent team of people should be enough to step into tier 4 group content, but you are 100% correct, no one is going to be steamrolling anything in heroic gear, its pretty much garbage for most of the HoT content.
  12. Numiko Augur

According to the Sever FAQ you get all the HOT aa's autogranted as well....
    but then who knows it would not be the first time the FAQ's were wrong!
  13. That0neguy Augur

You need to check the FAQ again before you go stating this.
    It says through not up to.
  14. Zipe The Healer

Yeah, it totally doesn't make sense. Basically the server will be HoT locked, starting with lvl 85 chars that will be autogranted their AA up to lvl 90.
    On other TLP, HoT unlocked SoF AA. So they are boosting Autogrant for 3 expansions.
    What would make more sense is to make Underfoot AA autogranted on hoT launch, instead of HoT. But Well...
    I guess that, if it's actually true that HoT will be autogranted on HoT launch, and that you'll have autogranted AA while leveling from 85 to 90) the goal of doing that is that you have 3 months to farm your epics, your augs and get ready for VoA without having to worry about AA.

About the difficulty... T1 HoT raid isn't trivial, good luck doing it with heroic chars. Your best bet should be to go and start UF raids asap for some free gear while working on HoT group progression to gear up with group content and request raids. Remember that HoT zones after T2 are progression locked. You can't just hop into T4 and go to candyland on hour 1.
  15. Zipe The Healer

It's already wrong. Acording to the FAQ they are revamping Innothule Swamp and making it the Quest hub of HoT.
  16. Machen New Member

You can't go straight to T4 group content. You have to do the full progression to access T4 zones.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

It's also wrong when it says other servers get AA's auto grant from 5 expansions back .... it's actually 4... but Daybreak has never been strong on math skills when it comes to FAQ's.....one recent one even had in it that Auto AA's would be granted from 2 expansions back!
  18. Chuuk Augur

I doubt it will be a "ghost town" but it also doesn't strike me as a server that people will truly invest in enough to make it their primary raiding server. Starting at L85 fully geared almost automatically puts it in the gimmick server category. Most people I know who seriously raid don't like to invest too much in such a server.

I'll likely pop on for a month on one account just to play some the different classes at L85 - I've personally only played SK / MAG / BARD past L60, so I'd be interested in trying the others. I would probably re-sub 4 account if truebox were removed...but it isn't so I won't.
  19. Xanathol Augur

People will log in to create various characters, play around a bit, then log out. It is not going to draw the typical TLP crowd nor those that are on the edge of Live. There is a very niche space of "Live players that are behind" for this server; good luck to them.
  20. Yahweh New Member

I play selo and it was already a light server before pop came and emptied it. These newer expansions just aren’t what the players are wanting to do.
    Xanathol likes this.