Microsoft Surface Pro

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Billy, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Sarkaukar Augur

B
    EQ is CPU intensive and by default via eqclient.ini command line, EQ runs on one core so that 2.0-3.0 ghz cpu ya was running years, after the added command line, is still running on one core on your multiple core processor unless ya set it up to show each core, then ya will can see one core is max and the other 3 running along merrily. Example, if currently running a 4-core processor, the general EQ usage with a max out core will only say 20ish% (100 / 4cores=25).

At least on a raid FPS is not hitting 1-5FPS, forcing everyone to look up or down or at walls away from everything (for those who remember raids in Kael and such :) ).
  2. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I had thought the same thing Bardy.

I recently decided I wanted an all-in-one so I couldn't be tempted to tinker with it (I killed my last computer trying to be a gnome irl). This new PC however loads into game within 25 seconds of clicking enter world, whereas before it could take 3 minutes or more. Zoning is 10 seconds max, sometimes I can zone within 3-5 seconds.

I still lower my clip plane before zoning always. It's just bred into me now. I have turned on some graphics I didn't use to run, and I raised my character clip plane too. I might suggest lowering that. It determines how far out your computer recognizes NPCs and PCs. Be careful though. I once lowered it all the way, and I would run thinking everything was cool next thing you know I was dead because it wouldn't render any mobs until I was inside of them! Was fun figuring out what that problem was.

This particular settings is really nice for zoning into the lobby if you figure out how far away your settings are and you bind just outside of that range.

I don't know what it is exactly, but something will affect the ability to load / zone through the game.

My comp now is a Lenovo A7 series ideacentre All-in-one. I can easily 4 box without changing up many settings, I haven't tried anything over that yet.
  3. Bardy Elder

Is there a way to change the settings in the ini file(or whatever) to make it use 2-4 cores??
  4. Explicit Augur

CPUAffinity0=-1
    CPUAffinity1=-1
    CPUAffinity2=-1
    CPUAffinity3=-1

CPUAffinity0 = Your first instance of EQ, add 1 for each additional instance. What I've posted above allows for 4 instances to all run on all CPU cores.

Paste this into your eqclient.ini or edit the setting that is already located in there.

EQ runs most efficiently on -all- cores. Having each instance on a separate core (it does this by default) does absolutely -nothing- to boost performance, in some cases it will actually lag you.

In short, each instance/box of EQ needs to be running on every core available for best performance -- the -1 setting accomplishes this as posted above.
  5. ---Xislaben--- Augur

I have a surface pro2 with a type keyboard, these comments are spot on.