MGP request lockout

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ankarv, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Why is there still a lockout on the requesting between the MPG trials please remove it. It is a real pain to sit for 2 hours just to steamroll the event in seconds
  2. Raymond Lorekeeper

Because they can be steamrolled in seconds the lockout is fair possibly. MPG Trials offer a significantly powerful reward that scales with content.

Welcome to my Nightmare in HoT tier 1 can be won afk but it's a 6 hour lockout (/pet attack each room and walk away from the keyboard). Should the lockout be removed on that because it is easy?

Murdunk's. You can park yourself in the path and go to sleep. How about that lockout?

2 boxing Anguish for 2.0 orbs.

Where do you draw the line?
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

This

Plus, I've said this before I'll say it again, not everyone is a 95/100 raid geared toon. Ever considered something like progression guilds or maybe even just casual players who purposefully make things like MPG to be current content for them?
  4. Xnao Augur

MPG could be steamrolled at 85 in group gear! As could anguish orbs!
  5. Shang Augur

did you really try this? lol
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

My lvl 95 merc tank, with a merc lvl 95 healer can solo every room and end boss with 0 involvment from me on this task. Can do the same thing with Fall of the Tae Ew in Feerrott2
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You completely miss the point of what hes asking, hes not asking for the lockout to be removed from teh wins, the 3 days ones, so he can repeat the same mission over and over again. What he is asking is that the 2 hour wait time between EACH different mission be removed. At the time it was explained that the 2 hour wait was for a) slowing progression down b) putting less pressure in the instance servers at that time and technology. Both reasons are pointless now since its old content and instances servers have had major overhauls in technology.

Removing the 2 hour wait between summoning a new, seperate, trial, should have been done years ago. I can do every flagging, progression mission need in Everquest back to back, Ikkinz, SOF, SOD, HOT, UF, VOA, RoF ones even, but you can not do MPG trials, Time to fix this.

Oh and as to powerful items, Defiant gear that drops like candyland off EXP mobs blows away just about anything you can get froma group MPG trial. People do this for the resistance AA's not the items.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Tarrin Augur

The lock out in question would be like if there was a 2-3 hour wait between doing Reclaiming Argath and Illdeara's Vengeance. Having the lock out on the same mpg trial is fine. I don't see anything wrong with unlinking the lockouts between *different* mpg trials.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Aanuvane like this.
  9. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Exactly, im not asking the 3day lock out on XXX trial to be removed. When you finish any trial you get locked out of of that trial for 3 days AND a lockout to all other trials for 2 hours. Im asking for the 2 hour timer to be removed
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. silku Augur

I dunno, we just did these recently and didn't seem to be a big deal. We'd log in one day and go do one. Then go back to exp grinding. Do another before bed. It was only a couple days and we were done with all of them (except the stupid chest one, gotta figure out how to do that one with just a couple people.)
  11. Raymond Lorekeeper

I did not miss the point.

The 2 hour lockout should not be removed otherwise you get all those resists in 5 minutes or the time it takes to run to each NPC.

Too powerful.

MPG is different than being able to request different VoA or HoT missions back to back where you get a spell gem and a piece of gear.

If you are a "veteran" the power increase from resists should be quite clear.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Too powerful?? LOL. I can headshot 300 AA's in 60 min and max out my resists cap WAY beyond the benefits of the 6 MPG trials. You are simply arguing to argue. Stop. These 2 hour lockouts served a purpose then and serve no purpose now. At this stage in the game, 48 resists points is not going to mean life or death and will not allow you to WIN the endgame content.

Allowing people to catch up on these old. antiquated AA's in a timely manner, not over 2-3 days is better for the game then dragging level 100 characters back to MPG once a night for 6 days to satisfy some backwards idea that getting these AA's in one night as opposed to 3 is going to bring Everquest to its Knees.

You can not make one single logical statement that would justify this having to remain ingame for the health of the game.