Mez Boltrans ??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numzan, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Numzan Augur

This spell is horrible, mez only lasting briefly. There has to be something wrong with this spell..... Allure did much better then this. Reason i say this, a Tiger about 10+ levels below me would not stay charmed at all. Broke over 10 times in a row with even malo on it. Yet re charmed the last time and it stuck. I get it your suppose to live in danger of your charm, but this spell seems way off track at 53 charming a 39... Seen it on many different mobs in lower zones that lower charms work. Point being whats the use of using higher lvl charms if they are broken more?
  2. Numzan Augur

This charm is for kunark mobs, so if the MR is checked more then CHA, since it cant be levels then something is way off track for basic mobs.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Boltran's Agacerie has no mez component.

As to answer why you use higher level charms: Because Allure has a level cap of 51 and eventually you will want to charm mobs above that.
  4. Numzan Augur

Bah i meant charm, typo complete hahah..... Charm 51 worked better then Charm 53

and of course you can not edit to fix it.

The point being why is it breaking so frequently? You should not have to charm a 53 mob for charm to last. Why i was mentioning mez, was because i was charming, stunning, mezing to gather more mana after a lvl 39 or i think now about it more, was a 33 tiger in OT. It broken at least 10 times. I've noticed charm lasting 1 second, checks then breaks again and again and again. Higher lvl mobs actually last longer then a lower lvl like a 45, or 33 like i was saying.
  5. Havanap Elder

This is probably unrelated but who knows. In RoS Overthere I noticed the tigers doing this exact thing with lvl 110 charm. I wonder if it's a tiger problem. Try some other mobs in other zones.
  6. Numzan Augur

I wondered this, thanks bud for mentioning this with the live server. I have tried a number of mobs in different zones and some last longer, then it will go into a resistant stage. Using the same pet for hours can break more and more as it becomes re sealant to your charms.

However in this case 2 different leveled tigers all kept breaking. Finally grabbing another one to really see it break for the total of at least 10 times. I was oom after that, and it was a lvl 33 i am pretty sure.

In the case of other mobs, i had more luck charming a IIs Knight in Seb, then i had with some of the lower lvl content.
  7. snailish Augur

Anecdotally, various tigers of Kunark have long been reported as being tough kills (high HP, high resists).

Raging Tiger: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4330

sabretooth tiger (Trakanon's Teeth): http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4114

In The Overthere you have level 18-20 and level 36-39 reported tigers. If you solo kite in OT you'll soon know that cactus are your easy kills, cockatrice are mostly fine, depending on the prefix your Sarnaks go from pretty easy to potentially brutal (Sarnak Enthusiasts are harder than Berserkers for most people), when rhinos resist they can be a pain especially since they seem to be so fast at getting to you, and any tiger that cons even or higher than you is risky. Lots is social in OT, and the tigers seem to have one of the highest aggro ranges. I expect other Kunark tigers fit the "style" of the OT tigers.

Allure charms up to level 51 and has a reported much longer duration at level 48 than Boltran's has @ 53. There doesn't appear to be any NPC with tiger in their name (that are a cat and not a raptor) above level 40 until the level 70+ expansions. AKA... one can allure all tigers in Kunark.

Boltran's is up to level 53. 6.3 mins max duration @53 is reported. It has faster casting time, costs more mana, and has a -10 resists check.

Once upon a time they changed charm so resists matter hugely (as well as the level of mob) vs. the slight benefit of charisma and there is the nuance of landing charm vs. charm break checks (let's not open that debate here). Look up old posts and you'll find early 2000s enchanters complaining about needing to tash before charming and thus having aggro (as in they didn't feel the need to do that prior to the resist check change).

Boltran's is the superior charm if you are on the edge of the resist check... but if you are going for harder mobs (aka maybe Kunark tigers?) perhaps you are better served chain casting the less-mana Allure, -or choosing a different pet.
    a_librarian likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

Silvermane is a Kunark Tiger level 48-51. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5064

So there is likely other/another named or not called a "tiger" NPC in the 52-70 range that is potentially coded as a tiger (assuming tigers are coded as hard/resistant or something).
  9. doah Augur

Some of the tiger's seemed to have higher MR than say the chickens. Plus boltran's only lasts for 6m
  10. Domniatric Augur

I never noticed a significant problem with Boltran's sticking any less than allure or any other charm. Some mobs have high MR. Sometimes you get unlucky breaks. Sometimes you get unlucky streaks of breaks.
  11. Sultan Elder

#welcometochanterlife