[Meta] [Hybrid] Suggestion for everyone in the Hybrid role.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zahrym, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Zahrym Augur

So with the mortal coil changes coming in and the mana problems all hybrids have had over the years, maybe now would be a good time to push for specialization again?

Thoughts?
  2. Stubar Augur

I would absolutely love specialization. We chew through mana like crazy (on wk2 I'll go through a full bar, use rods, cannie, paragon...then staunch, go through that mana and fishing the fight up with about 15 pct mana-that's with a 99k mana pool). Specialization isn't that far fetched for hybrids at this stage of the game.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

priests dont even have specialization. Does this have any chance of flying? If they give it to everyone, I doubt they'd want to give shamans and clerics more mana.
  4. Zahrym Augur

Every pure healer has specialization, i'm not sure what you're referring to.

This includes Shamans/Druids/Clerics - Excludes Paladins.
    Casters include Wizard/Necro/Mage/Enchanter - Excludes Rangers/Beastlords/Shadowknight.
  5. Stubar Augur

Wait wut? They all even have an AA for it under Archtype

Casters + Priests 3 ranks--This ability gives you an increased chance of making your specialization checks. It also reduces your chance to fizzle and increases the chance to lower the mana cost for the spell by 5, 15, and 30 percent.

I don't think we should get the same amount that the "pure" casters get, however something would be nice to help clog the mana leak.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

Oh, guess i was wrong. Thought only int casters got spec skills
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

I know Rangers bleed mana if they do anything more than HA pull,Bluster,AA Snare, and the 2 Arrow spells for melee. Throw in any elemental stuff, even just the Dew - even Dew only when the 2 AA elemental debuffs are up, and the mana bar drops like a rock. And if your pulling... less chance to recoup mana.
    -Rat
  8. Sakuraba Augur

Started noticing this even at 60; if I start to pop anything other than a couple dots or the occasional heal to top off a tank who's lost 10~15% to help the healers out a bit, I drain myself to death.

Specialization would definitely be a welcome help.
  9. Stubar Augur

Heck, don't call it specialization if it's going to cause an uproar with classes that already have it.

Call it Bestial preservation, Hunters preservation and so forth.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  10. skien Journeyman

Excellent idea and I'm onboard with this naming.
  11. Daegun Augur

Good idea.
  12. skien Journeyman

Just to reiterate, I like this :)
  13. Zahrym Augur

Bump, I think this is not only of interest to all hybrids but important. We're at a point in the game where this makes sense.