Message of the day ??!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saave, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Saave Augur

" MESSAGE OF THE DAY: Be careful when looting items! Customer Service is not the Raid loot distribution center HQ :)"

hmm.
    I have never seen anything like this in my EQ years.

Customer Service is not the Raid loot distribution center HQ
  2. CaRnon Augur

Angry last message from a recently let go employee?
  3. krozman Augur

Too many people are exploiting the petition system with their guilds, i.e. I have plenty of dkp, and I bid and loot an item marginally useful, but b/c my friend needs it more (but wouldn't have otherwise won it using his dkp or is an alt, box, etc) i'll petition and merely claim that I made a huge mistake and that the item should be moved over to the other character. I don't get involved in the whole mess but I can see how customer service hours could be better spent on real problems.
    Mintalie likes this.
  4. Edrick Augur

Someone from a guild I don't belong to looted a Red Dragon Scales, and I didn't even know those people or speak to them prior, and I wasn't even online, but they all petitioned saying I deserved it more than anyone else because of how awesome I am. Clearly that is what prompted the MOTD.
  5. Ragbert Elder

It's probably just extra work no one really loves to do.
    [IMG]
    Fanra and Fenthen like this.
  6. Caudyr Augur

That's why whenever we've had an issue like that, the petition has always been done and given officer names for referencing to confirm if need be, etc. That way they can confirm it actually was mislooted by accident.

That being said...I do see how it could be exploited...but...I've also never seen them say anything like that, lol.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Uxtalzon Augur

I've seen it before. Someone wins an item, opens window on corpse/chest and loots the wrong dang thing. I mean seriously. Not only did they loot the wrong item, the one they did loot then doesn't go to the right person either. It does happen.

Hold ALT or inspect the item before looting. Never turn off the no drop window. "Fools."
  8. Yther Augur

Shoulder items that look head, and vice-versa ... Always inspect! Especially if you're over-excited!

Yther Ore.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

I wonder if someone on a raid hit loot all tab rather than the link all tab.:eek:

That'd be a long petition...
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Lenowill Augur

I hereby +1 this MOTD.
  11. EQbud Augur

I did that once. Fortunately I have the confirm box pop up for no trade items and quickly did it right.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

One time we killed a named (group content) and was so excited I was gonna link all and I hit loot all oh boy I felt so stupid lucky they didn't seem to mind much but I felt terrible.

Andarriel
  13. Caudyr Augur

Heh, this is why I make sure that the confirm box shows up when I'm in groups, like EQbud. :D

I always try to quadruple check to make sure I'm looting the right item from a raid mob when I win something, too...though I do make mistakes occasionally. I'm only human, after all~ lol.
  14. Langya Augur

There are multiple characters played by one person on raids sometimes. Maybe someone thought they were on their main and looted with their boxed alt. It happens. People who assign loot make mistakes sometimes too. Could just be this was a busy, mistake prone week. Maybe CS and the developers should be glad of that. It means people are raiding and playing.
  15. FVPirate New Member

Wow .. so intentionally bypassing game mechanics (nodrop) by pretending you didn't mean to loot via a petition makes SOE CS lazy? If you don't like how it works, move to FV lol.
  16. Stubar Augur

I was once guilded with an individual that would open the chests, "accidentally" take an item that he "needed", update his magelo and then petition to have it moved to the person who actually won the item. The guy was a real piece of work.

This message is more than likely directed to individuals like that.
  17. Ruven_BB Augur

Customer service in most businesses means ensuring customers are happy with service and when situations occur when there is an issue the business does what is reasonable to resolve the issue.

If CS is overloaded with no drop item requests, allocating a fixed number of resources to service the solution probably makes more sense than a blanketed MOTD.

If CS would provide a public record of item transfers, I am certain that guilds would self police abusers circumventing their guilds loot systems.

Please remember that you are working with paying customers and that legitimate mistakes do happen.

Ruven
  18. Piestro Augur

Legitimate mistakes happen, but at the same time people should be very careful to avoid them. We all know how the loot system works, how many times does it have to happen with specific individuals before it stops being legitimate?

Number of items on raids I've looted incorrectly in the last 3 years: 0
  19. Yther Augur

They not flagging people as Ninja looters any more? Is the threat I got for trying to fix accidentally looting a shoulder when I won the head. So I would already be pre-tagged as doing something illegal. Instead, I didn't also loot the correct item, gave it up, and ate the loss, since I couldn't wear the shoulder piece, as I didn't want to be flagged that way, when I'd seen other friends booted for other reasons without having any previous flags, and could see how it would make it harder to resolve getting wrongfully banned from the game.

Yther Ore.
  20. Shanaie Lorekeeper

But this isn't retail where the easy fix is to just exchange an item (and send the old item back to the distributor or manufacturer or just shrinkwrap it and put it back on the shelf). In my experience in retail, you had lots of fraud committed by customers. Like the (nasty) woman who brought back underwear that were obviously used saying they didn't fit or the old 'rent the dress/outfit and return it the next day' scam. Heck, when I worked at Electronics Boutique (late 80s), they even gave you your money back if you returned a game within 7 days with the box and instruction manual intact (and we'd test it in the back and reshrinkwrap it and sell it again) which you can imagine how exploited that policy was.

If your multigame CS department is being deluged with item trade/restoration requests from one game, that's a problem. Assigning people to handle just that issue is inefficient and a waste of resources. These are MMOs we're talking about, not Bentleys or Paganis or Bugattis. Whether the CS is awesome or not, the audience is fairly captive. They'll flit from game to game like butterflies but CS is likely not going to be the reason people stay away. "Oh, they didn't transfer an item I took when I wasn't supposed to. I quit forever!" Yeah, that doesn't sound plausible to me either.