Merging servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Uesce, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Numiko Augur

I did an unscientific survey today of all the servers, just logged in and looked at general chat and how many traders were up in the bazaar. I know it does not give a true picture of how many people are actually on the server as not everyone plays 24 hours a day or joins general but it will give you an idea of where servers stand in rank

General Servers:

Firiona Vie - General = 1126 Traders = 505
    Bristlebane - General = 630 Traders = 287
    Xegony - General = 452 Traders = 204
    Drinal - General = 428 Traders = 151
    The Rathe - General = 400 Traders = 169
    Bertoxxulous - General = 394 Traders = 199
    Cazic Thule - General = 393 Traders = 210
    Erollisi Marr - General = 390 Traders = 200
    Tunare - General = 380 Traders = 188
    Luclin - General = 357 Traders = 172
    Povar - General = 341 Traders = 149
    Antonius Bayle - General = 329 Traders = 168
    Vox - General = 325 Traders = 54
    Trakanon - General = 140 Traders = 5
    Brekt - General = 129 Traders = 12
    Zek - General = 69 Traders = 11

TLP and other progression servers:

Mangler: General = 1497 Traders = 135
    Ragefire: General = 194 Traders = 36
    Selo: General = 191 Traders = 75
    Coinaiv: General = 147 Traders = 62
    Phinny: General = 104 Traders = 50
    Agnarr - General = 83 Traders = 45
    Miragul - General = 74 Traders = 8
    Lockjaw - General = 57 Traders = 4
    Fippy - General = 4 Traders = 0
    oldkracow and code-zero like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

In addition to the caveats you already provided, if you are not checking the /newplayers channel, you are excluding free-to-play folks. Maybe that is intentional, maybe it is not . . . but the real servers have a reasonably high number of free-to-play folks running about (and they aren't allowed to join /general).
  3. Numiko Augur

you are correct free to play accounts would not be included in the live server counts, but i was most concerned with TLP severs to which such accounts do not have access.

as a side note, "Silver" accounts do have access to general chat on live servers.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Holly said Xegony and Luclin would be excluded from server mergers as they are the two high pop Live servers. These two servers are obviously good at holding on to players so I hope Holly changes her mind and includes them in mergers.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Hmm that's odd I haven't seen those being in the list of High pop live servers, the only ones I've seen are Bristlebane and FV of the live servers, but this is using EQresource server counts.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Soruce?
  7. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I have 0 idea why they haven't merged Trakanon yet. It's like the red-headed step child that they don't wanna acknowledge. o_O
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The last time this was discussed and they said they were gonna merge December 2019.

Don't hold your breath for timing this time either. But they are likely to stick by leaving those two as is.
  9. Kalantha.Mangler New Member

I've been playing TLPs so long, I didn't even know this was a thing... and I just transitioned to a live server to kind of chill out until the next TLP opens. Good to know my chat will be going quiet as soon as my time runs out. Thanks for the info!
  10. Shanarias Augur

Actually, if you have EVER been a paid player, I believe you are allowed in General channel.
  11. Thrudd New Member

You'll never see Agnarr get merged with another TLP. You'd instantly introduce 100's of characters that are BIS geared and would just take over the server if they all came back to play.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...range-20-year-trip-still-has-no-end-in-sight/

"Longdale is also looking at some behind-the-scenes updates—primarily a round of server mergers for next year. EQ has had server mergers in the past as the population has dropped, but they were always two-to-one mergers involving all servers. This time, servers with low populations will be merged, but ones with high populations, like Luclin and Xegony, won’t get one. Longdale also intends to deal with the Zek server, the last remaining PvP server in the game, which is said to be a ghost town. Longdale wants to “find a solution” to Zek this year."

This article is linked in the NEWS section of the Everquest homepage.
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  13. Zansobar Augur

That article was from June 2019, so "this year" at least concerning the Zek solution meant 2019 hence it's passed.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes. And?
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yep, they were saying server merges December2019-January2020 which has passed. Some of us knew at the time they would 'slip' on that schedule, at best.

Though the statement at the time was an intent to merge servers, it was also stated the 'tech' for that was broken.

Guessing that the mention of 'tech' in the current statement means the actual merging process is likely still broken.

So again. Don't hold your breath. They are gonna keep working on TOV bug fixes at the same time right?
  16. DeseanJackson Augur

You care too much about the word maybe...
  17. Eldrian Augur

You are either uninformed or willfully ignorant. Lockjaw has 2 active raiding guilds that are both farming end game content. Population is lower yes, but to be honest we don't really mind that so much.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  18. Xeris Augur

I can't imagine a world in which Agnarr gets merged with anything... it was specifically advertised as not progressing past LDON. They're more likely to merge servers that are generally the same: I.E. general TLP server that will progress to live, where the only differences at XP rates.

Coirnav will probably get merged into something.
  19. Eldrian Augur

This is all just speculation right now anyway. The first thing they would have to do is have a SUCCESSFUL merger of 2 of the most dormant servers. The last attempt did not go so well so hopefully they have learned from the mistake and have a better idea what to do now.
  20. Kywen Augur

Sumnayin is correct. Per your very own quote, there is no mention of TLP merges specifically, just “server merges” to position them well... in other words, to free up hardware.