Merge Ldon and GOD

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by barrth, Jul 29, 2019.

1. barrth Journeyman

Every TLP you see the numbers for server go down during the boring Ldon release and burnout from 6 months of POP. Can you just look at doing a merge and release the 2 at the same time for upcoming tlps please.
  2. Relentless Insomnia

I'd fully support combing LDoN being released with basically any expansion GoD or PoP similar to how Ykesha is handled. Treating as its own expansion just exposes to us what little Daybreaks own team knows about EQ at this point.
  3. Guzzle Augur

LDoN shouldn't be combined with GoD I dont think, but it should probably unlock 2 months into PoP. Make PoP effectively 4 months and call it a day.
  4. yerm Augur

Ldon should come with pop. It has a largely group focused setup with raids being supplemental, whereas pop is very topheavy with a lot of raiding. They compliment each other.
  5. Tierdal Augur

no
  6. Lumiens Augur

The burn out is part of the strategy to get people to move to the next newest TLP. Working as intended.
    potatoface likes this.
  7. Tierdal Augur

would only make sense if there was a new tlp being offered, there is not
  8. Roxas MM Augur

if you think the 65 stretch is bad, wait till you reach the lvl 70 stretch from OoW to PoR.
  9. Dahaman Augur

Agreed.

Now that Coirnav is nearly to Gates, this wouldn't have any effect on it. Mangler is the only TLP left scheduled to go thru the long LDON stretch. Mangler fixed a major (imo) phinny clone issue with the boosted XP rate. Why not iron out a few more wrinkles on the way to perfection as well?

LDON being released with POP makes a lot of sense. There is no low and not much mid level content with POP and LDON fills this very nicely. The POP group game is also stymied to a very small portion of POP and LDON alleviates this as well.

DON and POR (no levels and no AAs) are excellent expansions to decrease to 4 weeks to remove a bit of time of level 70 stagnation. DODH adds AAs to make it more worthy of 8 weeks time potential.

(granted, I'd have like to seen the above happen for Coirnav, shorter DON/POR times still could)
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If we are just asking for things, merge LdoN and LoY, and launch them before PoP. Makes them challenging content, with usuable gear at 60.
    Xhartor likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

there is MUCH more to do during the level 70 stretch than during the PoP slog. once you are time flagged, thats pretty much it for 6 months.

sure, you could grind out hundreds of ldons for a nominal amount of hp and mana.,...but why.

whereas each level 70 expansion (besides PoR) adds a good deal of group content that is actually useful.

the level 70 stretch is still a bit too long, but imo thats mostly because PoR doesnt add anything significant in either raiding or group game. 6 months of time tho...just no. id much rather ditch LDON all together, roll it into PoP, then give us a full 3 months of GoD. an expansion with actual worthwhile raid and group content

i could be biased, because i absolutely love the level 70 era. so much content that is all useful. its really the last stage of EQ before EQ becomes Spreadsheet quest at level 75 and beyond.
  12. Spayce Augur

Might not need to merge LDoN with anything, but there is zero reason for LDoN to be out for 3 months. It should be a 2 month expansion at the very most.

Very poor game management, and is a change that can be made very easily.
  13. Spayce Augur

It costs 8300 points for 5x AC augs and 5x HP augs from LDoN merchants. That's 108 boss missions at 77 points each, doable in 15-20 minutes per with anything resembling a competent group. Knocking out ~5 per night in ~2 hours is ~20 days of boring group content....spread out over 3 months.

It's awful...the raids are worse...for 90 days...
  14. DeseanJackson Augur

I’d say tie it to Planes of Power or on a one month delay. GoD is too late IMO.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pugs are not doing ldons in 15 minutes. I've done a few random plugs before and it's more like 25 min at best and a much higher chance to get a 40 min ldon when you land in a sub par pug.

But yeah, ldon lasting for 4 weeks on selo was plenty. And if you put ldon with gates you might as well forget it.
    Iyacc likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wait until looslin.
  17. Gremin Augur

There isnt much more to do. DoN is a joke, and PoR is a sideways expansion gear wise at best. OoW raid wise isnt much harder either.

IMO, release LDoN one month after PoP and keep PoP at 3 months. While we are at it, put DoN with OoW and PoR with DoDH.
  18. Punchu Augur

the 3 month for level increases and 2 month no level increase was a huge improvement to the 70 era over the 3.5 months each or whatever it was on Fippy. Ldon being it's own is terrible and I'd agree it should be tied to anything as long as it's not stand alone like it is now.

Personally 3 months is more than enough for LDoN and PoP combined. I couldn't even stomach one month of LDoN this go around on Selo.
  19. Kakashi77 Elder

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...8-weeks-across-the-board.255073/#post-3754999

I raised this before but it didn't gain any traction; it should be across the board from the start that non level increase expansions be 8 weeks as it is from GoD onwards. The wait between PoP LDoN and GoD is brutal and a TLP killer - it will likely do the same to mangler if not addressed regardless of a new TLP being available or not.